PvP bow spec

lordbachus.6091

I need help finding a fun non meta bow spec for renegade in conquest pvp..Doing unranked arena’s with my PvE spec works acceptable as long as i dont run solo to much..But there are certainly weaknesse like having no answer to condition pressure..

So anyone have invested in building a bow based renegade for low end unranked pvp arena’s?

Disclaimer: I'm not very good. Gold player here, so someone else probably has better ideas.

You could try something like thishttp://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJAoISAAAcA

The idea is that with carrion amulet and runes of the Krait or Balthazar you have strong condition pressure at range. You can't really self heal well if focused, but you have a ton of health, and when you start taking damage you can use riposting shadows to quickly escape. Just run away then come back and use unyielding anguish to port up to a ledge and resume bow attacks. Between Shiro's superspeed and unyielding anguish you can move around quickly. You have stun breaks on both legends to help you get out of trouble. Legend swapping and swapping to staff will remove conditions.

Both elites can be useful. I try to avoid melee, but Mallyx elite can be useful when kiting. Jade winds is great is you are in the middle of battle or need to stun someone to prevent a stomp, etc.

You could try swapping in kalla for Mallyx, but I wouldn't drop shiro. I love riposting shadows.

I think meta herald is much better, at least for me so far, but this is fun to kill people from afar, and can work well at lower levels where opponents may not focus you if you are behind others on your team.

you'd be better off running staff instead of bow. You have no way to disengage really with bow or with a condi build, staff can atleast by you some seconds with i frames, block, interupt, condi cleans and some healing and a whirl finisher on its aa chain. I've been able to run it in the past with staff and mace/axe and could do alright. Take the condi runes that reduce incoming duration/damage. Take 3-3-1 for renegade traits. Take resistance and health traits in mallyx and diabolical inferno. Invocation take cleansing, spriti boon, and charged mists. I dont remember what amulet to take, but um anything with power/condi and preferably with precision and vitality. Take cleansing and energy sigil on staff. Put whatever else on mace and axe, i like vulrnerability and any kinda boon rip. You can make good use of on interupt sigils with kalla. Anyway, try to play cautious with this build at first. travel with team member at first and focus on laying spirits down but try to cover and area and not just plop them ontop of eachother. Just use the damage and interupt ones mostly. use the elite when u can. whenever you see high boon uptime people use mallyx to fuck them up. This works best when +1'ing. The great thing about having staff is that its all defensive and gives yous some procs, but also revenant can do some good damage with all its utility skills. Just make sure to space out all your defensive moves. Revs can recover health easily if you don't blow all your defenses. Use axe 5 defensively before you need to use a crucial skill.

Power herald with glint/shiro is probably the best build, but if you want to use renegade you can try what I use. If you want to go power renegade, try going staff/hammer and kalla/jalis and focus on retaliation traits and such. Play a backline support with cc and stab, providing moderate damage. Probably not going to be plat worthy but you can have some decent success with it.

@ScottBroChill.3254 said:you'd be better off running staff instead of bow. You have no way to disengage really with bow or with a condi build, staff can atleast by you some seconds with i frames, block, interupt, condi cleans and some healing and a whirl finisher on its aa chain. I've been able to run it in the past with staff and mace/axe and could do alright. Take the condi runes that reduce incoming duration/damage. Take 3-3-1 for renegade traits. Take resistance and health traits in mallyx and diabolical inferno. Invocation take cleansing, spriti boon, and charged mists. I dont remember what amulet to take, but um anything with power/condi and preferably with precision and vitality. Take cleansing and energy sigil on staff. Put whatever else on mace and axe, i like vulrnerability and any kinda boon rip. You can make good use of on interupt sigils with kalla. Anyway, try to play cautious with this build at first. travel with team member at first and focus on laying spirits down but try to cover and area and not just plop them ontop of eachother. Just use the damage and interupt ones mostly. use the elite when u can. whenever you see high boon uptime people use mallyx to kitten them up. This works best when +1'ing. The great thing about having staff is that its all defensive and gives yous some procs, but also revenant can do some good damage with all its utility skills. Just make sure to space out all your defensive moves. Revs can recover health easily if you don't blow all your defenses. Use axe 5 defensively before you need to use a crucial skill.

Power herald with glint/shiro is probably the best build, but if you want to use renegade you can try what I use. If you want to go power renegade, try going staff/hammer and kalla/jalis and focus on retaliation traits and such. Play a backline support with cc and stab, providing moderate damage. Probably not going to be plat worthy but you can have some decent success with it.

What did you miss in the question : i want to play a bowspec..Answer : play a staff spec..

If i wanted to run a staff spec, i would have asked this?

I am specifically trying to make shortbow work..Because i like the shortbow gameplay and skills..

@Milan.9035 said:I had some good results running bow with malyx and shiro with rabid amulet and speed runes. But vs any class with high condi removal its useless. Was fun chassing and killing thieves thoughThis is probably the best kinda build you can make out of it.Malyx/Shiro with Bow/Staff, Speed Runes. I've been using Viper amulet. I dunno that any build will fall within the realm of great or anything, but it's pretty fun to zoom around with and not like, completely unplayable.

I wish Kalla was more effective, Darkrazor's Daring for chain dazing cracks me up.

Archived