The "need" to counter vocal minority

alejandro.2093

Since the vocal minority has succeeded in reducing stealth's potency through a marked mechanic

Another set if the minority is asking for all our endurance regen, from traits and skills, when used inflicts us with exhaustion

Since ANet listens to them, we might face another set of nerfs.

They want thieves to have no dodge and no stealth

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:Since the vocal minority has succeeded in reducing stealth's potency through a marked mechanic

Another set if the minority is asking for all our endurance regen, from traits and skills, when used inflicts us with exhaustion

Since ANet listens to them, we might face another set of nerfs.

They want thieves to have no dodge and no stealth

If you are referring to competitive modes then a quick browse of the forum will show that it does not seem to be a minority. If you don't agree with something, state you don't agree with it and provide what you think may be solutions. Don't fabricate statistics you have absolutely no way to back up. Don't be that guy.

Oh look, it's the same person that said that thieves are going to be wiped out of PvE!

There's been people crying against stealth and people saying that it's fine for the last five years. Nothing is different now. Hell, they've even added a stealth on dodge trait since then and that was an absolutely terrible decision.

So take some deep breaths chicken little. The sky is still not falling.

Instead of telling the "minority" to shut up(and that's exactly what you're trying to do here) we should deal with the REAL problem. People taking issues with Thief in PvP did no wrong. They're just as concerned about game balance as you are. That's why they are so vocal. There might be a git gud element to it too, but I won't get into this as I don't do PvP.

Actual problem is PvP affecting PvE and PvE affecting PvP. I could understand balance changes affecting all game modes if these changes are major - rework of the entire spec and it's mechanics, for example, but simple stat changes shouldn't be SO difficult to separate between PvP and PvE. Neglecting balance of either and making changes that become irrelevant months later because people always find a way to bypass and exploit the "balance safety net" is not a good way of doing things. And that's exactly what's happening right now. Instead of nerfing or buffing classes in PvE for the sake of PvP and backwards, Arenanet should rework that system and separate game modes completely. At least when it comes to stat changes.

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:I'll always play the designated negative/pessimistic guy on this forums, since all i see is nerf thieves left and right.

Im gonna be the Thief PETA advocate if that's what i needed to do..

Sadly, being a hyperbolic, shortsighted, annoying t*** is a pretty common job on these forums, so you've got plenty of company in that role.

Ppl are not crying about stealth xd ppl are crying about such an easy acces amd riddiculous amount of stealth that de has. Stealth on dodge should have never existed. Ur in trouble. U dodge(which means noone can interrupt it). U basicly reset becouse of perma stealth u do with all ur kits.There is a diffrence.For example d/p thief, when he use p5 and start d2 it can be interrupt ed by good player. Or even if not, u Just go into his smokefield, making him unable to stack stealth.

Stealth in itself is a pretty bad thing especially in pvp since it allows little counterplay, unless you see the thief, mesmer, ranger or engineer go stealth.And only a few specs or utilities can deal with stealth.

It is just the same with unblockable attacks, I feel like this is not the solution. Instead Anet might look at reducing block times (make it more about timing) and lessen the sources granting aegis:)

Also I like how they changes the trait-change to elixir S, as invulnability for this long is also counterproductive.

I don’t think the complaints are about thief but the perma stealth deadeye which as a player that likes to play thief is not healthy for the game or the thief profession as a whole,as deadeye complaints come in thief as a whole will get nurfed as a result until deadeye is even more shallow of a especially and other specs of thief are useless other than for getting from point A to B the fastest lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I don’t think the complaints are about thief but the perma stealth deadeye which as a player that likes to play thief is not healthy for the game or the thief profession as a whole,as deadeye complaints come in thief as a whole will get nurfed as a result until deadeye is even more shallow of a especially and other specs of thief are useless other than for getting from point A to B the fastest lol

the complains about permastealth thief should not really affect thief balance. because permastealth complains are about fun. balancewise you dont contribute anything to the competitive modes while in permastealth, because you will neither kill nor capture anything without leaving it. if the opener from stealth is an issue, then the amount of stealth used to do it doesnt matter beyond 5 seconds and then the opener would have to be adressed.trying to fight someone who doesnt want to fight you and remains in permastealth can be unfun, but its not unbalanced because you do not have to kill people to win matches against them and if they remain in stealth you most likely will win.

Archived