WvW smallscale / solo roaming. What class to master for veteran player?

Droontar.1542

Hi! I've asked previously in another thread about my situation (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62309/wvw-roaming-group-of-3-searching-profession-advice) and I want to play Ele, Engineer, Guardian or Thief (any elite spec or core). Difficulty it's not a problem for me but after reading a lot about these professions in the forums I ended up more confused than convinced. My group of usual play is still undefined, but one of us is going to play mesmer (we are going to be 4!).

Some explanations will be appreciated! :)

I voted Guardian, specifically Dragonhunter, because I know it well. I normally solo roam, and smack around camp NPCs, scout posts, enemy caravans, and whatever.

And I run away. A lot.

But I also don't really care if I get killed(1), and I can put enemy player characters down if it's really necessary and their players aren't too skilled.

(1) I'm in there to do what it takes to advance my reward track, not to support my world in the general battle thing.

If group lacks support take firebrand or tempest. If you're running mostly self sustained builds get holo or warrior (to soak up a bit damage in front). If you're running a heavy damage/mobility group get thief (both specs are effective)/holo/soulbeast or even herald.

Besides first two (who are full supports), all others work great in solo roaming.

Archived