[Elite Suggestion] Gang leader

Rinagal.9235

Hi, i made a post here where i asked for help with editing the text i put down below, but nobody answered. It's ok, i don't blame anyone for it, i just want to warn you that there might be "weird" parts of text. This is because i'm not a native speaker and english and i aren't best friends (especially grammar), so let me know if you see something that definitely requres editing. Thank you!

Gang leader

Gang leaders are ones of most dangerous criminal persons in Kaineng City, they have very high authority among all kinds of bandits and gather them around themselves.

Profession mechanic: Authority

Authority is a Gang leader’s resource Gang leader may spend for summoning bandits to combat. It has maximum of 50 points and drops to zero while not in combat. Gang leader earn authority in combat by performing different actions.

• Passive regeneration gain 2 authority per second
    • Passive regeneration equals zero while in stealth and 3 seconds after.
  • Gain 1 authority per initiative spent
  • Gain 12 authority on successful steal
  • Gain 3 authority on using stolen skill
  • Gain 6 authority on interrupting foe
  • Gain authority on killing foe
    • Normal: 3
    • Veteran: 6
    • Elite and Player: 12
    • Champion: 18
    • Legendary and Epic: 50

Profession mechanic: Bandits

Gang leader have F3 and F4 ability slots that filled with bandit type abilities. First and second weapon sets define specific bandit abilities in F3 and F4 slots respectively. Bandit is a new ability type that summon allied bandit npc to combat for 10 seconds. Using bandit ability cost one initiative and authority. Bandit deals damage with base attacks equal to around 6-8% of Gang Leader's chain attacks and have around 2/3 of Gang leader’s survivability from stats. Any other ability bandit performs use stats of Gang leader. All bandit abilities have 900 range.Bandit has three stages that may have additional effects related on traits: Summon, Active and Retreat. Summon happens on using bandit ability and always cause summoned bandit to use his special ability. Active is a stage between summon and retreat and while in this stage bandit simply acts like a regular summoned creature. Using bandit ability cost additional 3 authority for each active bandit of the same type. Thief may have maximum 4 active bandits at moment. Retreat happens when bandit duration has ended and he has not been defeated. If Gang leader uses bandit ability while have maximum active bandits, then active bandit with shortest remaining duration retreats.

[sword/Dagger] Robber [15 authority, 1 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Call bandit with sword and dagger to support you in combat. Robber uses Lesser Larcenous Strike upon summon.Lesser Larcenous Strike [½ seconds cast time]Stab your foe and steal boon from them. Deals increased damage if it hits a foe with no boons.

• Boons Stolen: 1
  • Damage: ???
  • Damage Increase: 20%
  • Range: 130
  • Unblockable

[sword/Pistol] Duelist [18 authority, 1 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Call bandit with sword and pistol to support you in combat. Duelist uses Lesser Pistol Whip upon summon.Lesser Pistol Whip [¾ seconds cast time]Dual Wield. Pistol-whip your foe, stunning them, then slash repeatedly with your sword.

• Initial damage: ??
  • Damage (x4): ???
  • Stun: ¼ seconds

[sword/Torch] Arsonist [15 authority, 1 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Call bandit with sword and torch to support you in combat. Arsonist uses Lesser Fiery Blade upon summon.Lesser Fiery Blade [½ seconds cast time]Dual Wield. Burn edge of the sword with a torch in a swing strike that Inflict burning. Next two chain attacks inflict burning.

• Damage: ????
  • Burning: 4 seconds
  • Number of targets: 3
  • Burning from chain attacks: 3 seconds

[Dagger/Dagger] “Crimson hood” [15 authority, 1 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Call bandit with two daggers to support you in combat. “Crimson hood” uses Lesser Death Blossom upon summon.Lesser Death Blossom [½ seconds cast time]Dual Wield. Do an evasive attack over your opponent, striking nearby enemies three times. Each hit causes bleeding.

• Damage (x3): ???
  • Bleeding (x3): 5 seconds
  • Number of Targets: 3
  • Evade: ½s
  • Combo Finisher: Whirl

[Dagger/Pistol] Street Rat [15 authority, 1 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Call bandit with dagger and pistol to support you in combat. Street rat uses Lesser Shadow Shot upon summon.Lesser Shadow ShotDual Wield. Fire bullet at your foe, which blinds them, and then shadowstep to them for a dagger strike.

• Blindness: 3s
  • Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile
  • Range: 900

[Dagger/Torch] Trickster [21 authority, 1 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Call bandit with dagger and torch to support you in combat. Trickster uses Lesser Flickering Fires upon summon.Lesser Flickering Fires [½ seconds cast time]Dual Wield. Shadowstep and unleash fire attacks on nearby foes with your dagger and torch. Inflict burning, bleeding and confusion on each hit.

• Damage: ??
  • Burning: 2 seconds
  • Bleeding: 2 seconds
  • Confusion: 2 seconds
  • Evade: ¾ second
  • Number of hits: 3
  • Range: 450

[Pistol/Dagger] Marauder [15 authority, 1 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Call bandit with pistol and dagger to support you in combat. Marauder uses Lesser Shadow Strike upon summon.Lesser Shadow StrikeDual Wield. Stab your foe, then shadowstep away and shoot them.

• Damage: ??
  • Shot Damage: ???
  • Distance: 600
  • Torment(x4): 3 seconds
  • Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile

[Pistol/Pistol] Gunslinger [21 authority, 1 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Call bandit with two pistols to support you in combat. Gunslinger uses Lesser Unload upon summon.Lesser Unload [1 second cast time]Dual Wield. Blast your foe repeatedly with both pistols. Gang leader gain initiative if all attacks hit.

• Might : 8 seconds
  • Initiative: 1
  • Number of Shots: 6
  • Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile (20% chance)

[Pistol/Torch] Pyromaniac [15 authority, 1 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Call bandit with pistol and torch to support you in combat. Pyromaniac uses Lesser Fire Barrage upon summon.Lesser Fire Barrage [½ seconds cast time]Dual wield. Create a wall of flame in front of you and rapidly shoot through it.

• Number of Shots: 3
  • Combo finisher: Physical projectile
  • Burning from combo field: 3 seconds
  • Pulses: 3
  • Field duration: 2 seconds
  • Number of targets: 5
  • Combo field: Fire

[shortbow] Choker [15 authority, 1 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Call bandit with shortbow to support you in combat. Choker uses Lesser Choking Gas upon summon.Lesser Choking Gas [½ seconds cast time]Fire an arrow that fills the target area with a poisonous cloud. Foes at or above the poison thrshold are dazed. (The same foe cannot be dazed more than once per interval.)

• Poison: 2 seconds
  • Daze: 1/2 seconds
  • Number of Targets: 5
  • Poison Threshold: 5
  • Field Duration: 2 seconds
  • Interval: 1 second
  • Radius: 240
  • Combo Field: Poison
  • Unblockable

Weapon: Torch Off-Hand

[sword/Torch] Fiery Blade [4 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Dual Wield. Burn edge of the sword with a torch in a swing strike that Inflict burning. Next two chain attacks inflict burning or your next Infiltrator's Strike cause fire blast, depends on which was used first.

• Damage: ????
  • Burning: 8 seconds
  • Number of targets: 3
  • Burning from chain attacks: 6 seconds
  • Fire blast damage: ???
  • Burning from fire blast: 6 seconds
  • Blast radius: 180
  • Combo Finisher: Blast

[Dagger/Torch] Flickering Fires [6 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Dual wield. Shadowstep and unleash fire attacks on nearby foes with your dagger and torch. Inflict burning, bleeding and confusion on each hit.

• Burning: 3 seconds
  • Bleeding: 3 seconds
  • Confusion: 3 seconds
  • Evade: 1 second
  • Number of hits: 4
  • Range: 450

[Pistol/Torch] Fire Barrage [4 initiative, 1 second cast time]Dual wield. Create a wall of flame in front of you and rapidly shoot through it. Bullets Inflict bleeding.

• Damage (x4): ????
  • Bleeding (x4): 3 seconds
  • Combo finisher: Physical projectile
  • Burning from combo field: 3 seconds

[Torch 4th] Mixture of Black Flame [4 initiative, 7/4 seconds cast time]Spray a special mixture on torch that results in a cone of Black Flame that inflicts burning and blind.

• Damage (x3): ???
  • Burning (x3): 3 seconds
  • Blind (x3): 1 second
  • Range: 400

[Torch 5th] Devastating Fire [6 initiative, ½ seconds cast time]Throw a torch that fills target area with fire.

• Interval: 1 sec
  • Pulses: 5
  • Field duration: 4 sec
  • Radius: 180
  • Range: 1200

Specialization skills: Shouts

[Healing] "Scatter!" [24 authority cost/24 seconds recharge]Shout. You and your bandits cripple yours targets. Heal yourself, grant swiftness and resistance to nearby allied targets. Remove Inhibiting conditions.

• Heal: xxxx (+xxx for each active bandit)
  • Cripple: 2 sec
  • Swiftness: 2 seconds (+1 second for each active bandit)
  • Resistance: 1 sec (+0.5 seconds for each active bandit)
  • Inhibiting conditions removed: 1 (+1 for each two active bandits)
  • Number of allied targets: 5
  • Radius: 600

[utility] "Plan B!" [27 authority cost/30 seconds recharge]Shout. Your bandits swap positions between themselves by shadowstep and swap targets respectively. Confuse nearby foes and grants retaliation to nearby allies.

• Retaliation: 2 seconds (+2 seconds for each active bandit)
  • Number of Allied Targets: 10
  • Confusion (x2): 5 seconds (+2 stacks for each active bandit)

[utility] "Burn it down!" [30 authority cost/36 seconds recharge]Shout. Your bandits throw torches on their targets, inflicting burning to target and foes near them. Grants fury and might to nearby allies.

• Burning: 6 seconds
  • Radius: 300
  • Fury: 2 sec (+2 seconds for each active bandit)
  • Might (x4): 12 seconds (+2 stacks for each active bandit)
  • Number of allied targets: 10

[utility] "Hurry up!" [36 authority cost/45 seconds recharge]Shout. Grant quickness and alacrity to nearby allies.

• Quickness: 1 second (+1 second for each active bandit)
  • Alacrity: 1 second (+1 second for each active bandit)
  • Number of allied targets: 10

[utility] "Help them!" [42 authority cost/5 seconds recharge]Shout. Ammo. Order your bandits shadowstep to nearest downed or disabled allies (maximum 1 bandit per ally) and revive or break stun respectively. If bandit successfully revives ally this bandit retreats.

• Maximum count: 2
  • Count recharge: 60 sec

[Elite] "Follow the plan!" [42 authority cost]Shout. Next utility skill you will use your active bandits will use as well. Recharge equals to utility's tripled recharge time. Doesn't work with next abilities: Roll for Initiative, Shadowstep, Shadow trap, "Help them!"

Traits

[Adept Minor] GangYou now have authority resource that earned by performing different actions in combat and may be spent for summoning bandits. Gain access to torches, shouts and bandits.

[Adept Major] Bodyguards [30 seconds recharge]While have at least one active bandit, if you would be disabled one of your bandits swaps with you by shadowstep and becomes disabled instead of you and retreats after if weren't defeated.

• Breaks stun
  • Breaks enemy targeting

[Adept Major] Most WantedWhen out of combat, your authority restores up to 25.

[Adept Major] "Hotheads" [9 seconds recharge]Bandit taunts target foe upon summon.

• Taunt: 1 second
  • Unblockable

[Master Minor] Tactical escapeWhen bandit retreats, he throws elixir to you that heals you and transfers all boons affecting this bandit.

• Heal: ???

[Master Major] “Benefactor”Gain one authority when apply boon to an ally (3 seconds recharge per ally).

[Master Major] AmbushUsing bandit ability no longer cost initiative. Gain one initiative when bandit retreats.

[Master Major] “Dodger” [1 second recharge]Gain 3 authority on evade or when foe misses its attack on you.

[Grandmaster Minor] Covered BackTake 5% less damage for each active bandit.

[Grandmaster Major] “Kingmaker”Shouts no longer have recharge time, but cost authority instead. Authority passive regeneration doubled.

[Grandmaster Major] “King of Thieves”Successfully stealing cause to summon bandit with your current weapon set on target. Bandits gain you stolen skill upon summon. Reduce recharge of Steal.

• Recharge reduced: 15%

[Grandmaster Major] Black FlameBurning you inflict deals 20% more damage. Fire and smoke combo fields become Black Flame combo field. Former fire and smoke combo fields apply blinding and burning respectively. Bandits use Lesser Devastating Fire on their targets upon summon.

• Burning application interval: 1 second
  • Blind: 1 second
  • Blind application interval: 2 seconds

Lesser Devastating FireThrow a torch that fills target area with fire.

• Radius: 120
  • Range: 1200

Black Flame

Black Flame auraBurn and blind foes strike you (1-second recharge per attacker).

• Blinding: 1 second

Combo field: Black Flame

• Blast finisher -> Area Black Flame aura: 2 seconds
  • Leap finisher -> Black Flame aura: 2 seconds
  • Projectile finisher
  • Whirl finisher -> Black Flame bolts

@"Dahkeus.8243" said:Profession perk: "Bad Guy Aim!" Your attack speed is increased 100% and all attack skills no longer require any initiative, but you now have a 0% chance to hit your target.

If you think something is ridiculously overpowered could you say more specifically instead of writing sarcastic comment? Or every single thing here is op?

@Rinagal.9235 said:

@"Dahkeus.8243" said:Profession perk: "Bad Guy Aim!" Your attack speed is increased 100% and all attack skills no longer require any initiative, but you now have a 0% chance to hit your target.

If you think something is ridiculously overpowered could you say more specifically instead of writing sarcastic comment? Or every single thing here is op?

Oh no, lol. I was just joking a bit about the theme of the gang leader. No judgement on the actual implementation was intended.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:Profession perk: "Bad Guy Aim!" Your attack speed is increased 100% and all attack skills no longer require any initiative, but you now have a 0% chance to hit your target.

Oh no, lol. I was just joking a bit about the theme of the gang leader. No judgement on the actual implementation was intended.

Sorry then, i did get it wrong.

@Rinagal.9235 said:Well I see you had a lot of work with this and tbh i quite like it. You really got me on that Fire Barage i like that idea. The thing is this is basically Ranger merged with Mesmer. I can see it working tho. Although putting taunt on the very first level of traits is unusual, i don't say it is bad i just don't know if it wouldnt taunt ppl to pick it (pun intended :) ) Also Covered Back and King of the thieves are too OP like really too op.

EDITAnyway i would like more if thief could become more interupting/counter atacking class but that is just my oppinion i just wanted it to be noted :)

Imagined Dart Vader or Phasma with a GW2 UI raging at Storm Troopers missing each and every shot. Made my day. Thenkee :D

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Could be fun to try. I can imagine this with venom share being annoying tho xD

I think venom share is less annoying thing when you can set 5 traps or 5 Smoke Screens/Caltrops that would be much more annoying tbh :) . However i like this ability because it alone creates many interactions with old utilities that you actually want to try out.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:The thing is this is basically Ranger merged with Mesmer.

I understand why someone may think it is similar to mesmer, but ranger, why?

@Jack Redline.5379 said:Although putting taunt on the very first level of traits is unusual, i don't say it is bad i just don't know if it wouldnt taunt ppl to pick it (pun intended :) )

I don't see a big problem with taunt in first trait tier, maybe it should have longer recharge time to make choice unobvious if it doesn't seem to be so. However this trait isn't critical for spec and it may be easily raplaced with something else.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:Also Covered Back and King of the thieves are too OP like really too op.

What exactly is op, how they interact one with another or each one separatly?

@"derd.6413" said:the lore makes very little sense for an espec and also AI blows

How much lore was behind Deadeye and many other specs before ArenaNet had added them? Kaineng city is a very high populated city with social fragmentation, i think Gang Leader fit this environment pretty well. I understand people want Assassin when we speak about thief's espec in Cantha, but Assassin is already in game and it called Thief, i don't think anet must be bound by nostalgia when they develop something, two hundred years past since first Guild Wars and many things have changed. And how i had said here this spec isn't neccesary tied to Cantha and may be tied to another theme.What is problem with AI?

It seems to me like ranger ranger because you can control the bandits and also there is a trait that is focused on breaking focus/targeting , they would grant you their boons, also the taunt ability etc. Also i didnt say the taunt in first trait ability branch is bad but most of the classes have it in master and grandmaster tier since it is strong CC and also in PVP it is quite powerful if you dont have stun break/it is on cd.About the OP-iness of the final two traitsSo King of the thieves reduces recharge of the steal by 15% which is 3 seconds making it 17 sec till steal rechargeswhich means you will be able to spam on yourself 36 authority every steal and up to another 28 while your steal rechargessince that is 2 authority per sec in pasive12 for steal3 for using stolen skill/6 if you run improvisation and use both6 for interuptingand 1 per ini spentthat makes possible to gain up to 44 authority within 4 seconds. And this is literally spamableyou tick 2 authority per sec = 8in 4 secin these four sec you are able to steal for 12, use probably even both stolen skill at once, unless you stolen from ranger cuz that gives that regen tree which takes 12 sec to rechargeyou can simply use headshot for 4 ini = 4 authority. Or even better you can SB choking gas on enemy for 4 ini/auth which will daze them = interrupt them for 6 authorityand you will be able to repeat this in the moment steal recharges which will me rn only 13 sec away. Not to mention ppl simply go with MH sword and get bonus recharge from Swindlers Equlibrium.This would make Authority spam rly easy and also you are already spawning one thief with just stealing.Lets say i run the sword torch that one was quite good also the attack is nice so i steal to enemy cast bandit which starts attacking him, i attack as well dodge away swap to sb put poison field it interupts him i got 38 authority I would simply go with one choker one pyromaniac already having 3 thieves and me attacking again i can cast 4th wich would be whatever that costs 15 authority. And by this time i could spam another 38 authority since my steal would be recharged.Also if choker interupts enemy do i get authority? since that would make it even more spamable

As for the Covered back for 4 theives that is -20% dmg reduction all fight which is... i dunno i'd say it would be hard to kill a thief that way. xD i mean that is not bad untill literally every single person in PVP/WvW would start crying on forum day and night that it is imposible to kill thief xD and it would get nerfed under the ground :D

@Jack Redline.5379 said:It seems to me like ranger ranger because you can control the bandits and also there is a trait that is focused on breaking focus/targeting , they would grant you their boons, also the taunt ability etc.

Mesmer has all features you have listed except taunt. And GL doesn't control bandits the way ranger do, he only summons them.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:About the OP-iness of the final two traits

First and the most important thing i want to explain that Gang Leader was designed being capable maintain 3-4 bandits constantly with or without King of Thieves trait, lets do simple math, cheapest bandits cost 15 authority and second one of the same type will cost 18, so we have to generate 152+182=66 authority every 10 seconds or 6.6 per second. We have 2 per second by passive regeneration, 1 per second by spending initiative (1 initiative generates per second) and 0.5 from steal and stolen skills. 3.5 Authority per second, this is what you get by default when you unlock very first trait, i didn't count here any traits or abilities that generate authority or initiative or reduce steal cooldown and authority from interrapting/ killing foes which together easily fill remaining 3.1 per second authority regeneration if you play well. So yeah, constantly have 3-4 active bandits is what GL was meant to be able to do and spamming bandits with King of Thieves trait is what this trait was meant to do.

Second thing i want to explain is why i think 15-20% constantly damage reduction for GL permissible. Daredevilwas designed to dodge often and has some traits with damage modificators or damage reduction, Deadeye has advanced stealth and burst damage possibilities, those are ways they survive and fight. Gang Leader designed for open fight, it has no advanced dodging or better stealth (stealth even slightly punishes Gang Leader), not a passive damage modificators (except +20% burning damage in Black Flame trait) or high burst possibilities (being able to oneshot/doubleshot enemies) . So you can't actually expect from thief that doesn't use dodge/stealth pretty often or kill you pretty fast still be vulnerable as thiefs used to be. Both master and grandmaster minor traits provide survivability to motivate Gang Leader for open fight.

I forgot about Swindlers Equlibrium though, but is till think it doesn't make Covered Back + King of Thieves combination broken. Btw Lead Attacks(15%) + Sleight of Hand(20%) + King of Thieves(15%) = 50% (15 seconds steal cooldown, not 17) ;) .

It's an interesting idea but I think it's a bit incompatible with the core class.

I think the condi pressure available to this spec is way overtuned. I'm seeing 20+ stacks of conditions within only a few seconds of engagement with DA and Trickery utilized, and that's not including venoms which if using something like spider venom would allow for tremendous amounts of poison over a fight. Black Flame Aura with OH pistol BP basically makes you immune to incoming melee hits for the duration as well; BP used to have a 1s interval several years ago and it got nerfed because people would just drop two fields and not take damage. I did this using a healing power bunker build once a long time ago, and it was busted.

There are some other problematic interactions like Lesser Pistol Whip and generally some disparities between the authority skills for each weapon combination. Pistol Whip applies a stun and would quickly get out of hand by stacking it together, and repeated larcenous strikes might hard-counter some builds too oppressively, as much as I hate boons. D/D's is especially bad, since there's very little reason to play D/D over D/T and the bandit ability is both selfish to the bandit/not beneficial to the player, and worse overall.

I also see a scaling problem in WvW for example; five Gang Leaders would be able to create a small zerg's worth of targets, and unlike mesmers and rangers, I think the bandits don't really define much power as far as resources are concerned, allowing such a class to trigger AoE fields with relative impunity, and if ever used in blobs, would easily lag out a server because the targets are much more persistent than mesmer clones.

Bodyguards is redundant with Hard to Catch and generally speaking incompatible. HtC used to have a forced shadowstep mechanic as well, and most of the time, it was getting people killed rather than helping save them. Passives are also no fun, especially on elite specs.

I think you might be better off just nerfing some of the utilities and reducing their authority costs. From a usability perspective, I don't see a reason to keep the number at 50, which is quite hard and hard to display, especially when your numbers are so high across the board. You could pretty easily tone it down to something as low as 10 and divide all the numbers by 5 and not much would change here.

On this note, I think most of your traits are just super overpowered to be honest. Particularly the minor traits. Most Wanted and Kingmaker defeat the entire purpose of the spec and are so strong it makes the mechanic impossible to balance without making the traits/mechanic useless or mandatory outside of cheese builds. Also remember the existence of runes of the Trooper/Reaper which apply effects when using a shout, making for busted interactions without a cooldown.

Further, there's also a big issue nobody's noticed, which is with Black Flame. Black Flame single-handedly re-enables the existence of Ghost condi thief, and also makes it way safer to pull off than ever before with the defenses in this kit.

AI is hard to balance especially on a class like the thief since it's not intended to have the staying and support presence to really maintain use of AI, but on the otherhand, having it be potent creates a really un-fun experience for opponents who will just get kited or hit with a stronger AI's more potent ability set. At 6-8% damage, a set of 4 bandits AA'ing would improve DPS by a factor of 24% to 32% which is massive and really not necessary on the thief, either. It also creates more targets which can influence the target cap, which could do things like prevent boons/heals on allies.

I think the implementation above also pulls a bit too much from the mesmer's style of play, and I think the mesmer lacks a specialization which puts emphasis on more persistent clones, making this idea potentially step on its toes more than necessary.

I mean no offense, but there are many aspects of this suggestions that have been in-game mistakes made in the past on the thief which had to be removed from the game or systematically nerfed into oblivion and it shows a general lack of knowledge of the class. The overarching concept is cool, but mechanically this proposal pretty much needs a full-on reconstruction, if not a re-evaluation altogether to be presentable as a viable, fun, and most importantly, fair, idea.

I do appreciate the time and effort put into this, however. Most people just post a small paragraph on what they think would be "cool" with limited to no detail.

A small FYI - the Deadeye name does have lore presence - one of the first human personal story enemies you encounter is a rifle-wielding bandit named Deadeye Della. It was also the basis of inspiration for the name when I proposed my DE idea years ago (which is not the same thing as the DE we see in-game).

@Rinagal.9235 said:

@"derd.6413" said:the lore makes very little sense for an espec and also AI blows

How much lore was behind Deadeye and many other specs before ArenaNet had added them? Kaineng city is a very high populated city with social fragmentation, i think Gang Leader fit this environment pretty well. I understand people want Assassin when we speak about thief's espec in Cantha, but Assassin is already in game and it called Thief, i don't think anet must be bound by nostalgia when they develop something, two hundred years past since first Guild Wars and many things have changed. And how i had said
this spec isn't neccesary tied to Cantha and may be tied to another theme.What is problem with AI?

gang leaders make sense, just not as an e spec because every player get's to be one whenever they want. alot of especs are defined by the tools they use, not by their alliances for this reason.

AI is constantly complained about, and is one of the reasons nobody plays scrapper in a serious environment.

Archived