core shroud, a rework idea

DEATHsCLAW.1978

goals: making core necro somewhat viable in competitive gamemodes by adding mobility and defensice utility to core shroud. let me know what you think

main ideas:-improve synergy with dhuumfire-adding damage to Life Transfer and defensive utility Tainted Shackles because they require necro to be almost in melee range-increase mobility by bringing back beta dark path teleport

Life Blast:when this hits ints intended target, the projectile explodes, damaging enemies in a 180 radius

the explosion damage should be low, but the intended target is hit by the projectile and the explosion (2 dhumfire procs)

-

Dark Paththis now is a ground targeted teleport, affecting enemies in a 180 radius. range is reduced to 900 units. cooldown remains at 15s

-

Doomcooldown reduced to 15s

-

Life Transferadd 3s of bleeding per pulse. reduce cooldown to 20s

-

Tainted Shacklesadd an armor which reduces incoming damage and grants 3stacks of stability for 5s. triple physical damage of the last pulse. reduce cooldown to 30s

Great ideas.Tainted shackels needs 35sec cooldown if its that powerful. Life transfer 25secs and doom 20secs.

You have to consider cd reduction trait on every shroud skills a bit.

I agree with darkpath and lifeblast suggestions.

The problem is it just wont happen ever. These same ideas have been floating here for a long time which makes me believe that Anet has looked at it before and disagreed with it.

@XECOR.2814 said:Great ideas.Tainted shackels needs 35sec cooldown if its that powerful. Life transfer 25secs and doom 20secs.

The problem is it just wont happen ever. These same ideas have been floating here for a long time which makes me believe that Anet has looked at it before and disagreed with it.

I did consider a cooldown reduction of up to 33% when I made up the cooldowns. due to powercreep of other classes and the now fast paced meta I think a 10-15s cd on doom is justified if not needed. just like the other proposed changes and cooldowns. the doom cooldown of 20s has been around since release if I remember correctly and it was balanced back then. things evolved but core shroud was sorta left out.

remember the goal is to make core shroud usable and not just a sponge that can't do anything like it is now

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:Great ideas.Tainted shackels needs 35sec cooldown if its that powerful. Life transfer 25secs and doom 20secs.

I did consider a cooldown reduction of up to 33% when I made up the cooldowns. due to powercreep of other classes and the now fast paced meta I think a 10-15s cd on doom is justified if not needed. just like the other proposed changes and cooldowns. the doom cooldown of 20s has been around since release if I remember correctly and it was balanced back then. things evolved but core shroud was sorta left out.

remember the goal is to make core shroud usable and not just a sponge that can't do anything like it is now

Or maybe make doom a double ammo charge skill.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

this would be another cool idea although I think this would be OP bc ppl would be chainfeared for 3s just by one skill alone, 6s when traited.

terrormancer would have an almost 10k fear burst while just pressing 2 times one button thats too much dont you think?

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:

this would be another cool idea although I think this would be OP bc ppl would be chainfeared for 3s just by one skill alone, 6s when traited.

terrormancer would have an almost 10k fear burst while just pressing 2 times one button thats too much dont you think?

Idk haha. I don't mind something OP if it comes to that.Fear is arguably the weakest hard CC with stab, condi clear/transfer, stun break, resistance all able to negate it.

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:

Oh and if I'm not wrong, the max fear duration is 2 seconds so the damage won't be so high even if the opponent doesn't negate it.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

Oh and if I'm not wrong, the max fear duration is 2 seconds so the damage won't be so high even if the opponent doesn't negate it.

its 1.5s base duration if in medium to close range, 3s if traited and therefore 6s with two charges thats too much at once I'd say.

I agree fear has a lot of counterplay but a 6s fearlock from one ability only is not fun to play against especially if every second is ticking for 1.5k alone

if a fearlock is achieved by combo of multiple abilities thats one thing but only by pressing is not well balanced

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:

its 1.5s base duration if in medium to close range, 3s if traited and therefore 6s with two charges thats too much at once I'd say.

I agree fear has a lot of counterplay but a 6s fearlock from one ability only is not fun to play against especially if every second is ticking for 1.5k alone

if a fearlock is achieved by combo of multiple abilities thats one thing but only by pressing is not well balanced

oh wow i didnt know that after playing necro for 5 years hahaha.Thanks for the info!

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

oh wow i didnt know that after playing necro for 5 years hahaha.Thanks for the info!

u welcome!

I was playing terrormancer before anet guttet it by moving the traits poorly for the new 30/30/30 trait system patch. the increased doom duration close range was key in fights ;)

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:

Just given it 2 ammo on a 5s cooldown with 15s ammo cooldown. Therefore no fearlocking.

Archived