Hi Eles, just a survey on which role would you like the next elite spec to be

Knighthonor.4061

For me what makes ele fun to play is quickly switching between elements and having access to a variety of combo fields and finishers all in one build. Instead of taking away from this (like the last 2 e-specs did) I hope the next one builds upon and improves thses aspects of elementalist. Some thoughts:

• Double Pistol or Rifle as a heavily finisher-focused weapon set with lots of projectile, blast and leap finishers.
  • Easy access to (near) permanent combo fields as part of the e-spec mechanic.
  • A trait to reduce attunement cooldown and/or remove the 1s global cooldown.
  • Maybe a fresh fire/water/earth trait?
  • With easy access to a near permanent fire-field and lots of projectile finishers the spec would be heavily condition based. Traits to support this would be nice.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:For me what makes ele fun to play is quickly switching between elements and having access to a variety of combo fields and finishers all in one build. Instead of taking away from this (like the last 2 e-specs did) I hope the next one builds upon and improves thses aspects of elementalist. Some thoughts:

• Double Pistol or Rifle as a heavily finisher-focused weapon set with lots of projectile, blast and leap finishers.
  • With easy access to a near permanent fire-field and lots of projectile finishers the spec would be heavily condition based. Traits to support this would be nice.

Combo fields in general are getting pretty useless these days. Only ones that are still really useful are water and smoke fields. For a spec like this to work well, Anet either needs to rework combo fields and finishers for the next expansion, or they at least have to provide more traits that enhance combos like persisting flames does.

Ranged condition DPS would be my choice, since condi is something that the class is generally lacking in, and both current specs focused on closer range styles of combat. It would have to grant access to many more cover condis though, because that is mandatory for any condi build to be able to work in WvW and PvP.

Going off on a random idea here. Perhaps it could be something like a volcano themed specialization? Volcanoes have lots of nasty things going on. You can get burned, you can bleed and get cripples from debris, you can get poisoned from noxious fumes, you can also have blinding ashes, and you could find reasons to put some weakness and torment in there if you really wanted to. There could even be a new condition called corrosion. Volcanoes can cause water to turn acidic, which means that the new weapon could even have nasty conditions in water attunement. Not sure what effects corrosion would have except for damage though. Probably reduced armor or something relating to making attacks unblockable, those seem to fit the theme. Another idea is that corrosion could cause enemy boons to decay faster. This would probably be the best one for elementalist as a class in terms of gameplay.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:For me what makes ele fun to play is quickly switching between elements and having access to a variety of combo fields and finishers all in one build. Instead of taking away from this (like the last 2 e-specs did) I hope the next one builds upon and improves thses aspects of elementalist. Some thoughts:

Combo fields in general are getting pretty useless these days. Only ones that are still really useful are water and smoke fields. For a spec like this to work well, Anet either needs to rework combo fields and finishers for the next expansion, or they at least have to provide more traits that enhance combos like persisting flames does.

Of course traits that synergize with combos would be part of the spec. As for a combo rework:I would like of we had a reliable priority list when using combos while standing in multiple fields at once.Possibility 1: Combo with every type of field you're hitting once. This solution completely gets rid of any (percieved) randomness and makes combos a lot more reliable.Possibility 2: Prioritize your own fields first and prioritize the newest field second. This means laying a water field and blasting it guarantees you're getting healed, laying a smoke field and jumping in it guarantees you're getting invisibility, etc.Both suggestions are aimed at getting the results you're after easier.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

Of course traits that synergize with combos would be part of the spec. As for a combo rework:I would like of we had a reliable priority list when using combos while standing in multiple fields at once.Possibility 1: Combo with every type of field you're hitting once. This solution completely gets rid of any (percieved) randomness and makes combos a lot more reliable.Possibility 2: Prioritize your own fields first and prioritize the newest field second. This means laying a water field and blasting it guarantees you're getting healed, laying a smoke field and jumping in it guarantees you're getting invisibility, etc.Both suggestions are aimed at getting the results you're after easier.

I think that being able to have an interface where you list which allied combo fields you want to prioritize over others would also be a neat addition, but I doubt that Anet would go that far with a rework. At the very least they have hinted that they are not satisfied with the current state of combos though.

Although I picked support, I want to see something that enables staff ele even more than tempest, and I mean OFFENSIVE support, not healing support; access to CC, RELIABLE range damage that doesnt require the enemy to afk-brain in the middle of you tinsy, nerfed fire fields. That or 1500 range GS single target DPS.

From my feeling a condition based spec would be something that elementalist would need. Currently all atempts fail as conditions are too hard tied with specific attunements. A spec focusing on conditions would definitely be a play stile change. Why did I vote for power dps then? I simply hate playing condition based builds and love the range power dps staff build and more of this would definitely be fun. Still, I see the need for a condi based elite spec.

I don't think thats how ele elite specs work...

Tempest was longer attunement times (to get overloads) and strong AoE. Weaver was shorter attunement times, combo attunements and quicker gameplay.In terms of weapon, tempest was a mid range aoe weapon and weaver a melee cleaving weapon.

So I'd say the next elite would maybe give ele a 5th attunement and not change attunment times, or limit the attunements (only 2 like rev legends?) in exchange of improved attunment effects (stat bonuses or whatever).In terms of weapon, what ele is missing is a single target long ranged weapon, Longbow and Riffle are the ones usually taking this role.

If the dmg will be power or condi, this is more up to the attunement and traits the ele chooses.

Archived