Achievement Chests

Could we maybe get better rewards from achievement chests? And by better, I mean rewards that make you care at least a little bit about getting to that mark.

I got to 16,500AP today and I received my chest.Inside of the chest I found:

• Arrow Cart Blueprint (worth 2 copper coins)
  • Item Booster (useful)
  • Bank Access Express (useful)
  • Jug of Liquid Karma (6,750 karma)
  • 5 Mystic Forge Stones (sometimes useful)
  • 500 Badges of Honor (sometimes useful)

I was honestly happier with the reward outside of the chest (2 gold), which I don't think should happen. None of those things are hard to get, so it's a bit disappointing. Especially if you're not rushing to get these achievement chests and it takes you half a year to get one.

I would like to see these things in the achievement chests:

• Exclusive Dyes
  • Exclusive Minis
  • Guild Hall Decorations
  • Larger quantities of Karma
  • Laurels

@Yoroiookami.3485 said:Could we maybe get better rewards from achievement chests? And by better, I mean rewards that make you care at least a little bit about getting to that mark.

• Item Booster (useful)

I was honestly happier with the reward outside of the chest (2 gold), which I don't think should happen. None of those things are hard to get, so it's a bit disappointing. Especially if you're not rushing to get these achievement chests and it takes you half a year to get one.

• Exclusive Dyes
  • Exclusive Minis
  • Guild Hall Decorations
  • LaurelsAt 16.5k AP, you must have really played a long time.

I am curious as to why would you need more laurels ..?

Achievement chests are a bonus that costs nothing, so the fact you get something is nice in that regard.One problem if they changed the rewards, everyone who is beyond that point would feel (rightfully) that they are owed those new rewards for every chest changed. So that could result in a pretty rapid infusion of new materials.I also suspect that some of those rewards are to try and make players try out different aspects of the game (you have wvw blueprints, go into wvw, etc). That sometimes works - people may discover they like it after all. But I think there is some detrimental effects to trying to force players into different game modes.

• 2 months later...

@alchemist.6851 said:

@Yoroiookami.3485 said:Could we maybe get better rewards from achievement chests? And by better, I mean rewards that make you care at least a little bit about getting to that mark.

• Item Booster (useful)

• Exclusive Dyes
  • Exclusive Minis
  • Guild Hall Decorations
  • LaurelsAt 16.5k AP, you must have really played a long time.

I am curious as to why would you need more laurels ..?

When you played for a long time and you have multiple characters, you never have enough laurels. It's not necessarily about items worth a lot, but items that are unique or ones you can't get anywhere else. At the moment it just feels like the chests contain random trash you can easily get elsewhere with minimum to no effort. These are serious milestones, and it doesn't feel like much of an accomplishment at the moment.

If they upgrade them, you will be complaining again in the next year, because you will have gotten a couple of more achievement chests, and the items aren't special enough anymore.They have certain milestones that give you the next part of the achievement set (radiant or hellfire) you haven't even gotten the greaves yet.Be happy you have some in between rewards. If you keep complaining, Anet would most likely just remove those chest instead of keep them and upgrade them. Leaving only the massive achievement chests for every 5k achievements.If you haven't actually looked for the stuff you can get:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_point_rewards

@Etria.3642 said:Almost to the 13k one but in no rush since I believe it awards 2 gold and 1 laurel. Oh boy.

I'm at the same level, and yeah there's no rush. These aren't really meant to be something you chase relentlessly - just occasional bonuses. I would never turn down 2g and a laurel if offered. I don't make it my priority in life, but I don't think anyone expects me to.

Archived