Please stop designing unique transport mechanics in Fractals/Raids

This comes as a really late post but please stop designing stuff like Qadim blue orbs or Shattered Observatory Fractal 'updrafts' in Skorvald fight in future instanced content.The movement coefficient of these mechanics are affected by latency (sometimes it's smooth and sometimes you get held in-limbo for a half second or so before you launch.

But the main point is these transport mechanics can result in instant death by falling when you have a lag spike or high latency.Not to mention the split-second when you cannot dodge due to being locked in that animation as you are almost landing and then taking the full brunt of attacks that come your way while you are technically not on solid ground yet.

Since the inception of Wing 3, The Xera fight has had ley-line latency issues and yet similar mechanics still showed up in later content after wing 3. Even the current 'fixed' form of Xera leyline still claim casualties now.

The 'flair' is not a good trade-off for impeding game-play.
Why can't there just be a nice solid path for players to walk to the next destination, and let the 'unique' transport be a faster alternative alongside it?

@Eutuxia.1537 said:+1Playing from South Asia with 150-200ms ping on EU, those updrafts almost always slow me down and sometimes it just drops me dead.

Where is that south Asia with 200ping in EU lol I wish I have that ping. Best ping I get was when I temporary moved to NA sever which I got 300 ping it was like in heaven for me after all those years playing with 400 ping average.. I moved back to EU sever after .. couldnt live without my comrades in EU. I manage a pvx guild in EU otherwise I would stay permanently in NA for better ping. :)Btw... Those blue bouncer orbs in the last phase of qadim, also the water sprouts in largos, both are very bad for high latency us. It fails quite a lot. When the water sprouts don't work, we just get pull downwards instead if you let it fall.. often when we able to recognise it not working second after we jump on it.. and we can quickly engage glider to return to the water sprout to try again. I'm sure overtime we will have our six sense polish good enough to cover and manage this issue or if they can make it better for us which I don't know how that is possible.Also if we can have dhumm green timer increase 2 or 3 extra seconds, it will make it safer for 400 ping to do it.

As for xera, either they have improved it or experience and overtime six sense cover that problem :p very very rarely I have issue with glider fail or death in xera these days

@Talindra.4958 said:

@Eutuxia.1537 said:+1Playing from South Asia with 150-200ms ping on EU, those updrafts almost always slow me down and sometimes it just drops me dead.

Where is that south Asia with 200ping in EU lol I wish I have that ping. Best ping I get was when I temporary moved to NA sever which I got 300 ping it was like in heaven for me after all those years playing with 400 ping average.. I moved back to EU sever after .. couldnt live without my comrades in EU. I manage a pvx guild in EU otherwise I would stay permanently in NA for better ping. :)

That high?! :O You must be from South East Asia. I get 200 max on EU from South Asia (India) and 280-320ms on Na. I started playing on NA then moved to EU, the difference is very noticeable, lol.. I am a better player now because of little to no skill lags. BTW try different isps if you can, to see who has a better route. My previous isp sucked (losing packets even before reaching anet servers)

btw Shattered Observatory Fractal 'updrafts' during a high ping attack.. usually happen after or near an update.. when a patch coming.. a week before and after depending on the size of the patch if a huge patch we get lag issue more profound and longer before and after. we will forget completely trying 100cm because the updraft on 100cm at the first boss is 100% fail.. you jump expect to be bounce to the other platform .. instead fall down.. and when it is ready to bounce up it doesn't bounce high enough so as a result.. its 100% death. I told my friend I said the !@#%$% is not working I am terribly sorry.. I use res orb and wait for them at the boss ready to do precast and stuff.there are a lot I believe if others has to experience, they will get really angry but because we have been playing with this condition for a long time, we become immune to this issue. :P

Archived