Musical Instruments octave switch bug — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Musical Instruments octave switch bug

Arizan.1073Arizan.1073 Member ✭✭
edited December 25, 2018 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

There’s a bug that got introduced which causes the octave switch to take effect 100ms later than it is supposed to in the audio script.

Musical instruments haven't been playing correctly as this bug has been re-introduced in the 26. November patch
i Ask Anet to please address this problem for the sake of all Music Guilds that rely on Anets code working properly as soon as possible .
if your experiencing this bug feel free to share your experience with this bug in the comments below .

here is some info about this bug ( this is not the first time its happened )
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-instrument-changes-aren-t-good

todays reddit forums about the bug
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/a4gdxm/random_octave_switching_while_playing_instruments/

please share your experiences if could help Anet get this problem done . <3 thank you for your time .

Comments

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

And still not fix.
    Fix it on the next patch please.

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• The last post about this even got deleted it looks like.

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭✭

Please fix this anet! I was listening to wonderful players tonight and the bug is messing the music up!

• Help us fix this issue Anet!

• im sorry guys still we have tested our musical instruments and sadly its not been fixed and i feel we have lots probably one of the most talented music player in the game Lernova and also im loosing some interest as music was one of my Favorite things to do in the game . there are entire guilds full of music players that depend on the mechanics of theses instruments and i feel they will soon loose interest ... i know i am . plz Anet once again plz fix this so we wont loose our music player friends Permanently .

• Today we got a patch dramatically increasing the number of notes that can be played per second before incurring a cooldown. I'm really excited for the potential this brings, but sadly, since the octave switching bug still has not been fixed, this new feature is meaningless. Anet--since there are clearly people in the studio thinking about this again, please take a look at what can be done to improve the octave switching situation.

• Zuldari.3940Zuldari.3940 Member ✭✭✭

Still not fixed.

Coo! Quaggan Love's You! ♥♥♥

• Raseus.2543Raseus.2543 Member ✭✭

Yeah sadly it is not fixed, but I get the feeling that it got a little bit better

• Raseus.2543Raseus.2543 Member ✭✭

but without the bug you could play the until now unplayable version of "He´s a Pirate" and other fast songs, until the switch bugs kicks in it works fine

• Over a year later and still no fix. Only cooldown changes :/

• @Phantocity.7986 said:
    Over a year later and still no fix. Only cooldown changes :/

yeah i really wish they would do somthing about it . i miss playing songs that i was able to play in the past but no longer can cause it messes up .

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2019

Come on anet, you can't have gem items bug for this long. DO SOMETHING!

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• Yeah I don't believe it will ever be fixed.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.