What's that sound in Fireheart Rise?

Ariurotl.3718

I've been wondering about this for years but not enough to bring it up (and I'd forget about it soon after anyway). What is this odd sound that's always playing at equal intervals in Flame Legion-infested parts of the map? It sounds a bit like maracas being shaken just once and there doesn't seem to be an actual source of it. It could be the sound of meteorite rain which always seems to be going on in those areas but surely a rock hitting the ground wouldn't produce such a sound? :confused:

I guess it's more obvious to me because I've been playing without music (just something I prefer to do, I know it's weird and the music is good). This sound is not part of the music track, it just sorta happens with no obvious source in that central part near Keeper's Sanctum (but it's heard in quite a large radius and doesn't seem to grow stronger or fainter anywhere).

First thing I thought of:

There's something happening thereWhat it is ain't exactly clearThere's a grawl with a tribe over thereI tell them they've got to beware

I think it's time we stop, Tyrians, what's that soundEverybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawnThe pact's right and Zhaitan is wrongYoung accounts working on heartsGetting so much resistance from the start

But "impending doom" works, too.

Archived