DODGE FOOD in wvw

LaFurion.3167

plenty also run -10% dmg food.

its just better to get some % than flat stats. because with powercreep % gets better, stats remain as they are.imagine if you had food that gives instead of current 100 power, 70 ferocity : 300 power , 250 ferocity etc. now then you would see less of endurance or dmg reduction food users.

@MUDse.7623 said:plenty also run -10% dmg food.

its just better to get some % than flat stats. because with powercreep % gets better, stats remain as they are.imagine if you had food that gives instead of current 100 power, 70 ferocity : 300 power , 250 ferocity etc. now then you would see less of endurance or dmg reduction food users.

this is true... i was going to mention power creep but didnt because it seemed like just another nit picky complainy thing to do.

I've been running vitality power food myself on my thief as I learn the ropes, still suuuuper squishy :/ maybe I just need to dodge everything

I guess this is more dependant on what profession you play and role you go for. I doubt the endurance food is as usefull in zerging as it is for for roaming and roaming professions. Also it's prbably less exciting to bulds that have tones of passive defenses and unlimited vigor uptime compared to builds that need dodges to stay alive.

@LaFurion.3167 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:plenty also run -10% dmg food.

this is true... i was going to mention power creep but didnt because it seemed like just another nit picky complainy thing to do.

I've been running vitality power food myself on my thief as I learn the ropes, still suuuuper squishy :/ maybe I just need to dodge everything

Basically what MUDse said. When everything hits hard enough to 2 shot you scalable defence like dodges are much stronger and worth an increasing amount of stat points. If damage done was slashed by something like 30% tomorrow -10% damage taken and toughness food would be better in protracted fights. If healing was slashed by 50% across the board afterwards things like mango pie and life steal food would increase in use etc etc.

Note: I'm not advocating for ANet to slash all damage and healing by that much instantly tomorrow, it is just an example.

@steki.1478 said:

@Warkind.6745 said:In my experience it's mostly classes with small health pools that run it. Your warriors, engis, guards, etc. often run other food even while roaming.

Maybe because those classes can actually tank a few more hits due to huge uptime on protection, blocks, damage reduction or straight up huge health.

Hardly everybody running the food then, is it.

@steki.1478 said:

@Warkind.6745 said:In my experience it's mostly classes with small health pools that run it. Your warriors, engis, guards, etc. often run other food even while roaming.

Maybe because those classes can actually tank a few more hits due to huge uptime on protection, blocks, damage reduction or straight up huge health.

I've run it on necro before precisely because of the lack of other damage mitigation the class has.

@NuhDah.9812 said:I guess this is more dependant on what profession you play and role you go for. I doubt the endurance food is as usefull in zerging as it is for for roaming and roaming professions. Also it's prbably less exciting to bulds that have tones of passive defenses and unlimited vigor uptime compared to builds that need dodges to stay alive.

Have you fought any Mirages lately? :D

Math regarding +10% damage reduction + 70 stat food:If you take x % less damage, it corresponds same as increasing your armor by (100/(100-x)-1 ) *100 %*So 10% damage reduction is(100/(100-10)-1)100%= 11.111% armor increase.**

Meaning if you're running a build with around 2k armor you get 222.2 armor, 2.5k 277.5 armor and 3k 333.333 armorYou additionally get 70 extra stats depending the food you run, in total you will get ~292-403 stats.

Compare this to typical food that gives 170 stats, it is quite amazing however over 75% of the stats will be armor making it bad against condition builds making other foods often preferred. Not to mention lot of builds, especially squishy ones whose health doesn't go up and down, would want other stats over armor.

@NuhDah.9812 said:I guess this is more dependant on what profession you play and role you go for. I doubt the endurance food is as usefull in zerging as it is for for roaming and roaming professions. Also it's prbably less exciting to bulds that have tones of passive defenses and unlimited vigor uptime compared to builds that need dodges to stay alive.

Agree. Mirage Cloak for instance, the invuls and damage is not without a reason.

@Fish.2769 said:

Have you fought any Mirages lately? :D

Agree. Mirage Cloak for instance, the invuls and damage is not without a reason.

Mirrages are roamers and overtuned around evasion. That's why they use it, because it benefits them more than somthing else, making them... well you know, allready... thieves, who also base their survivability on dodges and are good roamers, tend to use it too, and same goes for other professions and builds that fall within this category. Not sure what you guys are so triggered about. It's dependant on what role and profesion you play. If you go with a group with something like a Fb and spam 99999 boons every second along with the rest of the zerg allies I doubt you'll get much benefit from endurance food. That's what I wanted to say, nothing more.

40% food+permanent 50% vigor and double energy sigil is pretty much standard for any of the top tier roaming builds right now.

The food is completely overtuned.

For the current roaming builds it is by far the best option as the -10% damage food is ineffective in a meta with such over the top burst and keeping a high evade uptime is much more effective especially as 2/3rds of these builds have extra bonuses on dodge

Archived