I'm getting fed up with seeing other classes generating 20+ stacks of might without having to combo

ybintell.1984

I have been seeing this trend a lot and lot of classes are able to generate 20+ stacks of might all by themselves without external assistance, without having to blast or leap finish or do any kind of combo, and they are able to generate all of this might very rapidly, within easily the first 3-5 seconds after just entering combat.

And the thing that makes it hurt to get beaten by these classes is that they also don't have to sacrifice tankiness for this damage.

Meanwhile I am made to feel stupid for losing to them while I'm trying to rapidly switch attunements to blast finish fire fields on a Weaver. I think this is very unreasonable.

I also don't think that the solution is to give weavers might. I think that the solution is to eliminate might altogether or so drastically reduce the amount of might all classes can generate. Skills which are meant to give you a burst window can simply give a percentage damage increase. Might stacking is unhealthy and making classes have to gain damage from might stacking is a fundamentally bad design.

EDIT: Watch how this thread will get moved into the Elementalist subforum so it can be ignored like all posts about Elementalists' worthless state.

@ybintell.1984 said:I have been seeing this trend a lot and lot of classes are able to generate 20+ stacks of might all by themselves without external assistance, without having to blast or leap finish or do any kind of combo, and they are able to generate all of this might very rapidly, within easily the first 3-5 seconds after just entering combat.

And the thing that makes it hurt to get beaten by these classes is that they also don't have to sacrifice tankiness for this damage.

Meanwhile I am made to feel stupid for losing to them while I'm trying to rapidly switch attunements to blast finish fire fields on a Weaver. I think this is very unreasonable.

I also don't think that the solution is to give weavers might. I think that the solution is to eliminate might altogether or so drastically reduce the amount of might all classes can generate. Skills which are meant to give you a burst window can simply give a percentage damage increase. Might stacking is unhealthy and making classes have to gain damage from might stacking is a fundamentally bad design.

EDIT: Watch how this thread will get moved into the Elementalist subforum so it can be ignored like all posts about Elementalists' worthless state.

One thing I want to comment on and this doesn't have to do with pvp.

Im noticing that im not having a lot of ways to generate might as a scepter warhorn tempest. Maybe its me, but im having trouble generating a good amount of might.

@ybintell.1984 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Fire Magic traitline, Glyph of elemental harmony, sigil of battle, focus #5... These are not meta, yet this could help you, a lot, with your issue in generating might.

Sorry, I guess I should have provided more context -- I'm a PvP player :)

And you think that as a PvP player you are forbidden to take any of those? You think that all of these are PvE only things? If anything a PvP player should be more ready than any other player to look into the tools that it's profession grant him.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Fire Magic traitline, Glyph of elemental harmony, sigil of battle, focus #5... These are not meta, yet this could help you, a lot, with your issue in generating might.

And you think that as a PvP player you are forbidden to take any of those? You think that all of these are PvE only things? If anything a PvP player should be more ready than any other player to look into the tools that it's profession grant him.

Could you please go back to one of the many PvE subforums where you are best suited to be?

@ybintell.1984 said:

Could you please go back to one of the many PvE subforums where you are best suited to be?

It's sad to see how rigid players became, especially in PvP. PvP ask players flexibility and enough originality to find build that suit them in combat. A PvP player that have an issue building might look at what can give him might and devise a way to introduce it into it's build. On another hand, PvE is totally rigid because the things asked to the players there are rigid.

Don't try to play PvP like you'd play PvE you won't gain any pleasant results by doing so. Don't be rigid in your build choice be flexible.

@Naxos.2503 said:When it comes to might stacking, the worst offender I've seen is the Renegade, where they can just about get a full stack of might with 3 quick abilities that have a shorter cooldown than might expiration without concentration

This is not an sPvP issue though. I think that no none support build should be able to maintain more than 8-12 stacks of might solo. The devs targeted herald and SB in the last 2 patches, but a couple of other builds (like holo) can still stack 20+ easy.

@otto.5684 said:

@"Naxos.2503" said:When it comes to might stacking, the worst offender I've seen is the Renegade, where they can just about get a full stack of might with 3 quick abilities that have a shorter cooldown than might expiration without concentration

This is not an sPvP issue though. I think that no none support build should be able to maintain more than 8-12 stacks of might solo. The devs targeted herald and SB in the last 2 patches, but a couple of other builds (like holo) can still stack 20+ easy.

Technically, most of the might granted to Holos come from engineer traits, which can actually be geared as a support char though. But I could see how one can get that much might on a Holo build without affecting utility skills too much. HGH gives might on all élixirs, coupled with Elixir B and uninterrupted corona burst, that'd mean a high amount of might. I Always found corona burst to be too quick to deliver all it's pulses anyhow, what if the skill becomes more of an opening to counters ? Making it static, and requiring a Wind up would make a bigger target of the holo, and reduce the speed at which Might is gained. To boot, the recent "nerf" to Hidden flask that used to give some invulnerability to engineers when they get low on health now gives them said Elixir B, so yeah, that'd make an easy 25 stacks.

I'm partial to that, the damage fits Holo better, since it felt like it was a pure damage spec, but it would seem like Hidden flask "pre-nerf" was less offensive, if only less fitting. it's technically a core engineer perk, but it fits Holo well now, for ill or good.

I am a fan of the sigil of courage in pvp in situations like yours on weaver and especially sigil of strength in wvw on my core s/d thief. You get 1 stack of might (10s) everytime you hit someone on a 2s cd with courage and you get the same with sigil of strength in wvw except it is on a 1s cd. I know trading sigils isn't a good solution but if you are hurting for might in the meantime this may help. You should have the tankiness unless running glass to live to full or almost full might easily.

I remember when being able to solo stack 25 Might on yourself and 25 Vuln on enemies was supposed to be a unique Necro design decision as a pay-off for having bad team support because they wanted Necro to be a selfish class. What an awful time that was.

At this point we should just halve the effectiveness of might and double the cap instead.

Archived