Magic find is unfair advantage in matchmaking

Babylonn.5027

Hi!My problem is about how magic find affects to your matchmaking system. Ive seen how ridiculous it is, my friend with max magic find gets always very good teams and been able to climb high as plat 1 because of that. My magic find is very low and that is why i have most of times very bad teammates and they make me lose games and rating. That is main reason why im stuck in gold 1 (even im same skilled as my friend). So my suggestion for Arenanet is: decrease the effect of magic find about finding good teammates in matchmaking, this system favors people with high magic find and is bad for people like me with low MF.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Gaberen.4325" said:Is this the new "gf left me coz of lederborsd"

It lacks the poetry.(For comparison, visit the old forum archives to read @"Mighty Meak.6387"'s poem,
.)

It lacks. But just like food tastes better when you're over-hungry, we have not had quality troll post like this in forever.

10/10. Down with MF.

So,are we going to pretend it's just about magic find and ignore the biggest issue,the permanent gathering tools and the obvious buff they give to your PvP skills that fire harder when you equip them?I stopped PvP because right now I am at 2/3,I'm missing the harvesting one.I got logging and mining ok.

@Babylonn.5027 said:Hi!My problem is about how magic find affects to your matchmaking system. Ive seen how ridiculous it is, my friend with max magic find gets always very good teams and been able to climb high as plat 1 because of that. My magic find is very low and that is why i have most of times very bad teammates and they make me lose games and rating. That is main reason why im stuck in gold 1 (even im same skilled as my friend). So my suggestion for Arenanet is: decrease the effect of magic find about finding good teammates in matchmaking, this system favors people with high magic find and is bad for people like me with low MF.

Funny thing, magic find keeps putting me against tier 1 legendary players in pvp, so I think you are on to something.

Archived