Why is passive Endure Pain still here?

Sampson.2403

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nekromalistik.7045 said:Maybe because even with that passive is still vulnerable to conditions and cc, instead the elixir made it immune to all damage and could finish without any possibility of being stopped, i don't know

warrior has problems with conditions? i will warrior damage output went to zero when they used endure pain or when it just auto activated for them.

@Milan.9035 said:

@"Nekromalistik.7045" said:Maybe because even with that passive is still vulnerable to conditions and cc, instead the elixir made it immune to all damage and could finish without any possibility of being stopped, i don't know

warrior has problems with conditions? i will warrior damage output went to zero when they used endure pain or when it just auto activated for them.

Yes, a little more than those who can transform conditions into blessings for them and for the team. And again, they can continue to receive damage in a certain way instead of feeling nothing, maybe that is why they are allowed to attack, they only become "resistant" to physical damage, even though the attacks can not be blocked they damage it.

@Nekromalistik.7045 said:Maybe because even with that passive is still vulnerable to conditions and cc, instead the elixir made it immune to all damage and could finish without any possibility of being stopped, i don't know

Then we should buff endure pain so it's immune to conditions too and then make it grant barrier instead after like 6 months because it's to OP now.

Seriously, kitten anet for doing that to engineer. Elixir S was always vulnerable to conditions and then they gut it rather than revert it. I'd be fine with the change if they did this for every other class, though. And then they should gut insane damage modifiers like 20%, 40%, 10% stacking etc.

Damage prevention is cancerous on all levels. Hell, the ACTIVES that let you do this is half the reason Elites turned the damage up so high. Gods forbid Warrior facetank an entire team and get punished for it! "HUR DUR, CHARGE IN, USE 5 MOVES AND SPIN OUT DURING MY BALANCED STANCE AND CONDI DAMAGE IMMUNITY!" Nothing is more frustrating than fighting a class with 10 seconds to IGNORE THE ENTIRE GAME. Evasion Spamming, Infinite Stability, Resistance and the like need to outright get removed from the game. It doesn't add complexity or skill to the game, it actively takes away from it.-) If Condis are bad, nerf them. Don't introduce something that screws over classes that aren't exploiting the condi system.-) If CC is bad, nerf the moves that have stuns, pulls, etc. Don't make a status that renders you immune to any form of lockdown that ALSO punishes classes with little access to it. Nothing ruins my enjoyment of this game faster than a man who is REALLY ANGRY ignoring a fucking explosion.-) If Damage is too high, nerf it. Don't introduce ways to completely lock out the classes that aren't abusing 2-second burst combos.

WoW, a terrible MMO, understood these simple concepts and had a massive PvP playerbase because the combat was straightforward, easy to learn and hard to master. Guild Wars 2 will never have an active PvP playerbase with a system this janky and illogical. Nothing ruins my enjoyment of this game faster than a man who is REALLY ANGRY ignoring a fucking explosion. Or a mage obsessed with butterflies becoming immune to all forms of damage because they have illusion magic. Like. How do illusions protect you from an explosion the size of the MAP!? How do illusions take a BULLET for you?

because warrior is a melee class.Give warrior 1200 range in great sword auto attacks (like revenant hammer throw) and then you can take endure pain out of the game.Give high mobility on range weapons for warrior and then we will not need endure pain.Give us teleports and stealth then we will not need endure pain.

@Hitman.5829 said:because warrior is a melee class.Give warrior 1200 range in great sword auto attacks (like revenant hammer throw) and then you can take endure pain out of the game.Give high mobility on range weapons for warrior and then we will not need endure pain.Give us teleports and stealth then we will not need endure pain.

You can have 50 endure pains for all i care so long as they require you to push a key to activate them. Passive safetys are the issue here.

@"Lost Elegy.9276" said:Damage prevention is cancerous on all levels. Hell, the ACTIVES that let you do this is half the reason Elites turned the damage up so high. Gods forbid Warrior facetank an entire team and get punished for it! "HUR DUR, CHARGE IN, USE 5 MOVES AND SPIN OUT DURING MY BALANCED STANCE AND CONDI DAMAGE IMMUNITY!" Nothing is more frustrating than fighting a class with 10 seconds to IGNORE THE ENTIRE GAME. Evasion Spamming, Infinite Stability, Resistance and the like need to outright get removed from the game. It doesn't add complexity or skill to the game, it actively takes away from it.-) If Condis are bad, nerf them. Don't introduce something that screws over classes that aren't exploiting the condi system.-) If CC is bad, nerf the moves that have stuns, pulls, etc. Don't make a status that renders you immune to any form of lockdown that ALSO punishes classes with little access to it. Nothing ruins my enjoyment of this game faster than a man who is REALLY ANGRY ignoring a kitten explosion.-) If Damage is too high, nerf it. Don't introduce ways to completely lock out the classes that aren't abusing 2-second burst combos.

WoW, a terrible MMO, understood these simple concepts and had a massive PvP playerbase because the combat was straightforward, easy to learn and hard to master. Guild Wars 2 will never have an active PvP playerbase with a system this janky and illogical. Nothing ruins my enjoyment of this game faster than a man who is REALLY ANGRY ignoring a kitten explosion. Or a mage obsessed with butterflies becoming immune to all forms of damage because they have illusion magic. Like. How do illusions protect you from an explosion the size of the MAP!? How do illusions take a BULLET for you?

It's funny because all they have to do to balance the game is look at GW1. GW1 had a great CC system. You couldn't use a knock down skill on someone already knocked down, you had to time it so your knock down lands the moment they get up. In this game, you don't need to time CC at all because CC will overwrite each other. They need to make it so you can't get CC'd again while you're currently CC'd. Also, every stunbreak should have a stack of stability when you successfully break a stun.

@Nekromalistik.7045 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:You can have 50 endure pains for all i care so long as they require you to push a key to activate them. Passive safetys are the issue here.

So much trouble for 2 seconds of that?

Having to press keys means they had to equip it. Granted, many warriors already have it equipped due to how strong it is.Ele's got their Tempest Defense removed this past patch (applied static aura on getting CC'ed, very long ICD) on a trait line that was already getting near 0 use, air trait line, it was one of the few answers we had for all the CC flying around when you didnt want to be a slave of water/arcane self-healing troll cap-staller build, meanwhile warriors, who despite all the tuning down they have, are still strong (tells you how much stronger they already were before all those changes, so class apologetics can eat it) they could use some tuning down and being brought to the same level as everyone else for PASSIVE defenses.

I‘d suggest to remove all of the passive invulv/evade/whatever traits, whether they‘re full invulv or just against power shouldn‘t matter. It just takes skill out of the game if the game covers for you if you fuck up.

If they do that they need to change all oneshot skills/oneshot combos to not oneshot aswell since you often can‘t defend against them (e.g. malicious backstab(often doesn‘t even matter on this one tho)) which would make it very frustrating. Imo oneshot combos shouldn‘t even be possible but that‘s just my view on how a ‚skilled‘ pvp system should be.

@warherox.7943 said:

@"Lost Elegy.9276" said:Damage prevention is cancerous on all levels. Hell, the ACTIVES that let you do this is half the reason Elites turned the damage up so high. Gods forbid Warrior facetank an entire team and get punished for it! "HUR DUR, CHARGE IN, USE 5 MOVES AND SPIN OUT DURING MY BALANCED STANCE AND CONDI DAMAGE IMMUNITY!" Nothing is more frustrating than fighting a class with 10 seconds to IGNORE THE ENTIRE GAME. Evasion Spamming, Infinite Stability, Resistance and the like need to outright get removed from the game. It doesn't add complexity or skill to the game, it actively takes away from it.-) If Condis are bad, nerf them. Don't introduce something that screws over classes that aren't exploiting the condi system.-) If CC is bad, nerf the moves that have stuns, pulls, etc. Don't make a status that renders you immune to any form of lockdown that ALSO punishes classes with little access to it. Nothing ruins my enjoyment of this game faster than a man who is REALLY ANGRY ignoring a kitten explosion.-) If Damage is too high, nerf it. Don't introduce ways to completely lock out the classes that aren't abusing 2-second burst combos.

WoW, a terrible MMO, understood these simple concepts and had a massive PvP playerbase because the combat was straightforward, easy to learn and hard to master. Guild Wars 2 will never have an active PvP playerbase with a system this janky and illogical. Nothing ruins my enjoyment of this game faster than a man who is REALLY ANGRY ignoring a kitten explosion. Or a mage obsessed with butterflies becoming immune to all forms of damage because they have illusion magic. Like. How do illusions protect you from an explosion the size of the MAP!? How do illusions take a BULLET for you?

It's funny because all they have to do to balance the game is look at GW1. GW1 had a great CC system. You couldn't use a knock down skill on someone already knocked down, you had to time it so your knock down lands the moment they get up. In this game, you don't need to time CC at all because CC will overwrite each other. They need to make it so you can't get CC'd again while you're currently CC'd. Also, every stunbreak should have a stack of stability when you successfully break a stun.

Uh... this is actually a good idea. So rare on the OFs.

@Sampson.2403 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:because warrior is a melee class.Give warrior 1200 range in great sword auto attacks (like revenant hammer throw) and then you can take endure pain out of the game.Give high mobility on range weapons for warrior and then we will not need endure pain.Give us teleports and stealth then we will not need endure pain.

You can have 50 endure pains for all i care so long as they require you to push a key to activate them. Passive safetys are the issue here.

You do understand that being a melee class you are susceptible to the first burst in damage right?For example: warrior vs ranger who hits first? The ranger. Now if you block with shield, then ranger can use unblockables to counter it, so either way warrior is going to hit first and hit hard. If you remove endure pain from auto casting, then by the time you reach the ranger, your health will be below 50% .

Every range class has the initial DPS burst advantage on warrior; that is why warrior needs auto casting endure pain.Like I said, remove auto endure pain but give us

• GS melee 1200 range (like revenant hammer)
  • Teleports and high mobility on range weapons
  • Give all our melee weapons 900 + range

Then we will be able to do damage at the start of the fight and we will not need auto endure pain cast.Now, in WvW that is a different thing. Endure pain is a must and auto casting will never be removed from that mode or else's warrior will become useless.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

You do understand that being a melee class you are susceptible to the first burst in damage right?For example: warrior vs ranger who hits first? The ranger. Now if you block with shield, then ranger can use unblockables to counter it, so either way warrior is going to hit first and hit hard. If you remove endure pain from auto casting, then by the time you reach the ranger, your health will be below 50% .

Every range class has the initial DPS burst advantage on warrior; that is why warrior needs auto casting endure pain.Like I said, remove auto endure pain but give us

Then we will be able to do damage at the start of the fight and we will not need auto endure pain cast.Now, in WvW that is a different thing. Endure pain is a must and auto casting will never be removed from that mode or else's warrior will become useless.

Forever crybaby about warriors . Will you ever change ? XD

I am just defending what is obvious. The fact that I am defending the obvious is sad.

@Hitman.5829 said:

Forever crybaby about warriors . Will you ever change ? XD

I am just defending what is obvious. The fact that I am defending the obvious is sad.

Spittin hilarious nonsense is what you do all the time. Especially been hilarious to watch how you say warrior never getting buffs literally after receiving buffs in patch ,yet, OH GAWD SO MUch nERfzzzZZzYour tears about you want to be DEADEYE is just...pathetic tbh...In fact with passive EP or not that wont change anything for warrior

@Hitman.5829 said:

I still don't see how any of this justifies a passive safety.

EDIT - Why is the "auto-cast" necessary. In your example, if a ranger is bursting down a warrior from a distance, why does the warrior need an auto-casting endure pain versus actively pushing it? It feels funny asking this question given the fact that the warrior actually does have several things that he can actively do to mitigate the rangers damage but that's besides the point.

Archived