What is the current meta for Fractals?

Angelcy.3514

Just came back to the game after being away for a few months, and after the recent patch I was wondering what the meta for T4s and CMs is. We used to run Chrono, Druid, 2x Eles and 1 Guardian. At the moment though we have no idea what classes we should use and what gear is required for the support classes. If anyone knows, we would appreciate some pointers. Thank you!

Chrono, Druid, 2x Eles and 1 Guardian still works but you will have to use all cc available in CMs and stack properly. Fights in general don't take that long, as such the lack of permanent quickness on chrono is a minor issue. The stacking is a lot more annoying, especially with Social Awkwardness. In all, the comp will still clear everything.

Firebrand (built with minimum boon duration of around 70% required to keep up quickness) can take the chronos place for quickness with a heal Renegade for permanent alacrity and 25 stacks of might as healer instead of the druid. This setup played properly will match and even exceed chrono druid currently.

Strong picks for healer would also be Scourge Heal, which unfortunately lacks good boon support but otherwise has insane sustain output for the group.

Damage dealers remain as usual: Power Dragonhunter, Power Weaver/Tempest, Power Soulbeast, Power Daredevil/Deadeye, Bannerslave, Power Holo. Just about anything works, even power reaper.

@"Doombringer BG.3740" said:Can't say about CMs since I don't really do them, but most of the time in the LFG for T4s, I see "Chrono, Druid, Bannerslave, 2 DPS | pots + food" :D

That's due to people not wanting to adjust to a new meta.

Firebrand+Renegade is superior to chrono+druid.

The only upside to all this is, if this balance iteration remains in place for long enough, more people will switch to Firebrand+Renegade.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Doombringer BG.3740" said:Can't say about CMs since I don't really do them, but most of the time in the LFG for T4s, I see "Chrono, Druid, Bannerslave, 2 DPS | pots + food" :D

That's due to people not wanting to adjust to a new meta.

Firebrand+Renegade is superior to chrono+druid.

The only upside to all this is, if this balance iteration remains in place for long enough, more people will switch to Firebrand+Renegade.

Dont worry those two will be balanced as well since they dont fit the boon share ideal. XD

@Setz.9675 said:

@Setz.9675 said:Chrono, FB, BS, Guard, ele is pretty kitten smooth tbh.

But why have chrono then ren is superior in every way to chrono

for chrono utility like portals, pulls, skipping etc

But then do you have a problem with the up keep of might ? I mean rev can keep it up I think easier then fb

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

But then do you have a problem with the up keep of might ? I mean rev can keep it up I think easier then fb

People cant let chrono die why cant they just accept chrono +druid is over and fb+ren meta is here to stay. Like uttility and portal is not really a reason. Its obvius that anet wanted a meta comp change. Until they balance fb and ren too XD. For honestly if 1 tactic is good anet will nerf it.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

People cant let chrono die why cant they just accept chrono +druid is over and fb+ren meta is here to stay. Like uttility and portal is not really a reason. Its obvius that anet wanted a meta comp change. Until they balance fb and ren too XD

You can also take with you an DPS chrono for portals and pull so chrono isn't dead completely also its really hard to find someone who can play FB or Rev in fractals and raids and yes it is also super risky to built one now. Not only can they nerf the builds in a not so future patch and at least one of them you will find yourself in a position were you can change all stats again in a month.

Arena NET's silence here delays changes of the meta even further which increase the frustration getting so many players change their class they play is in itself a feat.Usually no MMO that is this old does such a huge change letting 2/5 of the endcontent players change their class is something you don't desire because you have many many people who say bye in the process.

Firebrand can maintain 15 ish stacks easily, the other stacks are done by BS with the changed forcefull greatsword + phalanx strength trait and a dumpling food buff over sweet and spicy butternut squash

@Cyninja.2954 said:Chrono, Druid, 2x Eles and 1 Guardian still works but you will have to use all cc available in CMs and stack properly. Fights in general don't take that long, as such the lack of permanent quickness on chrono is a minor issue. The stacking is a lot more annoying, especially with Social Awkwardness. In all, the comp will still clear everything.

Firebrand (built with minimum boon duration of around 70% required to keep up quickness) can take the chronos place for quickness with a heal Renegade for permanent alacrity and 25 stacks of might as healer instead of the druid. This setup played properly will match and even exceed chrono druid currently.

Strong picks for healer would also be Scourge Heal, which unfortunately lacks good boon support but otherwise has insane sustain output for the group.

Damage dealers remain as usual: Power Dragonhunter, Power Weaver/Tempest, Power Soulbeast, Power Daredevil/Deadeye, Bannerslave, Power Holo. Just about anything works, even power reaper.

Fights are like 50% of the total time spend. Sometimes less. Chrono is there for double/triple portals + blinks on top of boons for bosses. You will also lack stealth for stuff like TO or underground facility.Doing TO without portals is a total pain anyways.

Meta is something like Chrono, Bs, Slb, dh, Weaver for general purpose if you have a static or good pug. Taking a healer is safer but cm kills need like double the time.The slb can also carry a healing set for cancer fractals/instabilities to switch on demand.If you don't use portals and use a healer the firebrand + rene comp would be better but as soon as you play fractals with portals in mind you really can't do the strats without a mesmer anymore.Fractals are not raids. Going for highest dps is not the fastest way to do them. Utility for skips is quite important and rene or fb have nothing in that area.

In a few months time where there are sufficient amount of practiced and skilled Revs as there are/were of Chronos, sure. But until then I'd rather a Chrono who has practiced their class in T4s and live with less, than dealing with a Rev player trying to find their way in the meta.

@Setz.9675 said:

And there is that. Portals and Focus Pulls are pretty awesome.

I'm not a stickler for metas. I normally asked for "heals" in LFG rather than Druid, but now I run fractals with the same Druid each night, and we're not struggling anymore than we were a week ago so I see no reason to switch. I

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Chrono, Druid, 2x Eles and 1 Guardian still works but you will have to use all cc available in CMs and stack properly. Fights in general don't take that long, as such the lack of permanent quickness on chrono is a minor issue. The stacking is a lot more annoying, especially with Social Awkwardness. In all, the comp will still clear everything.

Fights are like 50% of the total time spend. Sometimes less. Chrono is there for double/triple portals + blinks on top of boons for bosses. You will also lack stealth for stuff like TO or underground facility.Doing TO without portals is a total pain anyways.

If only there was an item which works similar to portal for an experienced group...

Oh wait, there is: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/White_Mantle_Portal_Device

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Chrono, Druid, 2x Eles and 1 Guardian still works but you will have to use all cc available in CMs and stack properly. Fights in general don't take that long, as such the lack of permanent quickness on chrono is a minor issue. The stacking is a lot more annoying, especially with Social Awkwardness. In all, the comp will still clear everything.

If only there was an item which works similar to portal for an experienced group...

Oh wait, there is:

The problem is that you would need to organize the portals due to not getting the full cooldown back. I'm not saying that this is not possible but a thing more that becomes unhandy. (Nothing to whine from my side as I can also live without mass-portaling since even compared to very good groups with all possible skips I haven't lost more than 1-2 minutes per fractal when we haven't used them. Paths in Cliffside, TO, Aether etc. are not that long tbh.)

Staff 4 (Empower) and the Quickness Mantra (Mantra of Potence) is usually enough to keep up 25 Stacks, at least when you can prestack, especially with other random Might applications floating around.

Otherwise, you can swap out Honorable Staff for Empowering Might, but it's generally not needed.

Especially with Dragonhunters, since they get Might constantly while having Retaliation, and FB providing perma retal, it's no issue at all, even in splits.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

Oh wait, there is:

The problem is that you would need to organize the portals due to not getting the full cooldown back. I'm not saying that this is not possible but a thing more that becomes unhandy. (Nothing to whine from my side as I can also live without mass-portaling since even compared to very good groups with all possible skips I haven't lost more than 1-2 minutes per fractal when we haven't used them. Paths in Cliffside, TO, Aether etc. are not that long tbh.)

Oh I agree, but if we are talking speedrun strats and absolute top of the line skips, people will have the White Mantle Portal device.

@rabenpriester.7129 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:If only there was an item which works similar to portal for an experienced group...

Oh wait, there is:

Can you for the love of god stop implying that portal is as good as a double blink portal? THANK YOU.

It is more than enough for a standard run of fractals. Not sure how often you double blink portal through fractals in your static. How many skips are there per day that require double blink portal exactly? That is beyond the first which can be done with the WMPD.

@rabenpriester.7129 said:Blinks + Portal: Aetherblade, cliffside, Chaos, Underground Facility, Deepstone, Molten Furnace, Thaumanova (if you can't solo heat), Twilight Oasis

Portal: 100cm b1 + skip to b2

Aetherblade, Chaos, UF, Deepstone, MF, TO - time saved is minimal. A stronger comp will shave that time off during fightsCliffside - yup, portals are useful. Thief can do the final skip to boss, party members can WMPD on last 2 sigilsThaumanove - if your group can't solo the heat room, you are not among the top 1%

I didn't say WMPD is as good as portal. I said it can replace it in a decent group. Sure, if you are down to saving every last second AND perform superb on fights, portal can potentially save you 3-4 minutes (which adds up to a lot when doing fractals daily).

Any group below the top 1% will benefit a lot more from the solid performance of FB and Renegade and the safety the comp provides versus chrono+druid.

People cant let chrono die why cant they just accept chrono +druid is over and fb+ren meta is here to stay. Like uttility and portal is not really a reason. Its obvius that anet wanted a meta comp change. Until they balance fb and ren too XD. For honestly if 1 tactic is good anet will nerf it.

Chrono is still viable in frac. Combat is short and mistlock refreshing SoI etc along the way helps. Rene does lower dmg while supporting compared to chrono. Chrono just have too much tools in their kit (pulls, portal, reliable cc etc) to give up on for Rene. Druid is still a good choice(beginners friendly) if the group have problem sustaining basic boons(might, fury, regen etc) especially when combat stretches too long for boons upkeep.

More of tuning down chrono which is essential for all meta. A class that requires multiple boon sharing class to replace. Easier to work around it in raids but tricky in fractals due to slots availability.

Issue with current meta, particulary in fractals PUG : people copy it but can't play it.Mesmer has good utilities, chrono rotation is not that hard; but it's not intuitive. How many times we waited for a chrono, and the guy was just a burden, without prebuff on Mistlock Singularity and one or two wells for 10sec quickness and alacrity at best... And how many chrono players know how to skip ????Same with druid : frost spirit, sun or stone spirit, spotter, GoE, mights, healing ? If you can have 3 you can consider your group lucky.

Chrono is still very effective for the short phased fights, with prebuff and for utility (pull, portals, distor, etc)
Druid is not mandatory; no constant heals, and the power buffs are not worth losing a DPS role in the group. Chrono harrier or minstrel can take this role of "dedicated" healer.FB has easier rotation (because no rotation at all) and better healing; and because Aegis spam is just completly broken. If you can pass out alacrity, it replaces easily chrono+druid (or chrono heal), but it needs the war or others to help maintain the 25 mights.Renegade/Herald is not worth in 5 man group, because Quickness > alacrity; or it needs a hybrid FB or a chrono (but in that case druid is a better option)

I suppose "uber" players will still play chono + war + 3 DPS (weaver, soulbeast, DH, DD... )For PUG IMO FB + war + 3 DPS seems a very strong and safe composition. Ren + FB, or FB + chrono, Chrono + druid if people can't give to much confidence in others skillful or alacrity is "mandatory".

The FB and Rev is one variant like I said in the other thread they FB and Rev and especially rev are hard to come by in PvEMost suggest DPS Chrono + SoI in this meta . Easier variant is the old meta + DPS chrono

Means you either play :Druid, Chrono, Dps Chrono, BS(kinda optional), DPSorFB, Rev , DPS Chrono , BS (optional), Soulbeast with Spirits(optional)

With the later is still the question what setup for FB and Rev both are healers with harrier stats. You can run FB as condi dps but then you lose stabi also FB is the better healer I think.

I did run the old meta + DPS chrono the boons were all up with this its not as good as before the patch but good enough. I think when you combine it with FB and rev you get absolute over duration on you boons when you then also run both Rev and FB as harrier then you also get over heal . This is so crazy

Its more likely to run with the old meta and simply search and DPS Chrono too.

Archived