We made a full circle with this purity of purpose thing...

bambi.6214

It's really sad how they handled gyros in the past. People were already unhappy that the engineer gets another set of AI skills next to turrets, yet they even managed to completely delete everything that made them fun to use....

Stealth Gyro and Medic Gyro used to be instacast, making them great survival tools against CC chains, gone.The daze, making them good tools for interruption, gone.The stability, super speed and lightning field they granted, gone.

They simply removed 6!!!!!!!! lightning fields from the scrapper (which already is the engineers only source of lightning fields), yet we still have a trait giving us super speed for performing leap and blast finishers in lightning fields?This trait now only works if you run hammer and/or Shredder Gyro.

It was looking good for scrapper in the past, it seemed like they finally figured out that they should go in a support tank role with the elite spec. But after this update, I start to question if this wasn't just coincidence and Anet still has no idea what they want this spec to do.....

I remember the first time I used the gyros. They where incredibly fun. Loved the mechanic, even though they had obvious pathing issues and could be destroyed. Its what made me main Scrapper in WvW all throughout HoT - even with nerf after nerf after nerf - and its what made me build Hope for my p/p condi build, spending a disgusting amount of time in PvE.

But its been perfectly clear that to Anet, the engineer and its elites is just a big joke.

I tend to agree, it's a sad state for the Scrapper builds and gyros. This last patch is rather head scratching they worded it to give Scrappers hope but in actuality they made it worse.

I think most of us Engis loved scrapper and its play style however the changes make it hard to love when recalling what it once was. It's too bad Anet seems to not care at all.

• 1 month later...

@"Samug.6512" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Expert_ExaminationNow there's no trait that buffs gyros in any way (except for the special snowflake, Function Gyro). Expert Examination literally buffs destruction of gyros (not that it's a meaningful buff). What's the purity of purpose now, I ask?

So no trait buffing gyros means there is no 'purity of purpose' for Scrapper? I get that Scrapper is underwhelming, but that makes no sense.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Samug.6512" said:
Now there's no trait that buffs gyros in any way (except for the special snowflake, Function Gyro). Expert Examination literally buffs destruction of gyros (not that it's a meaningful buff). What's the purity of purpose now, I ask?

So no trait buffing gyros means there is no 'purity of purpose' for Scrapper? I get that Scrapper is underwhelming, but that makes no sense.

No. Trait that buffs destruction of gyros means there is no 'purity of purpose' for Scrapper's gyros.

I keep saying in every post about this, that gyros should always stay close to the user ( engineer ) and they should be considered like turrets update, but instead of staying on the ground they move with you. Where you go, they go .

Shredder gyro would literally "shredder" everyone on your area ( if you move the gyro moves with you and still shreddering everything). Like warrior dual axe skill n°5 ( where he spins And slashing everything).

Blaster gyro should be a riffle gyro shooting your targets instead of charging and boom.

But they always stick to you! This is the only way to solve the pathing problem!

Scrapper should work the close combat version of engineer, we got a dual hammer that gives so much fun in to it , this is actually the only reason I play scrapper, too bad it starts to scale so bad compared to everything else on the game.

ANET please work into this, is more than time .

And please allow players to use the elite trait weapons outside their respective elite build.

once they get to 100% build unlock!If a player already bought the game expansion there is no need to keep weapon on the bag waiting until we shift builds again.

@Samug.6512 said:

Now there's no trait that buffs gyros in any way (except for the special snowflake, Function Gyro). Expert Examination literally buffs destruction of gyros (not that it's a meaningful buff). What's the purity of purpose now, I ask?

No. Trait that buffs destruction of gyros means there is no 'purity of purpose' for Scrapper's gyros.

But Gyros ability to be destroyed based on the players choice have always been part of their design IIRC. Now they have a benefit for that ability they have always had through a trait. So that means Scrapper Gyro’s suddenly have no purity of purpose? What does that even mean? In fact, Engineers have always had the theme of 'blowing' things up, including turrets and turrets also have traits that give you benefits when you blow them up ... So how does blowing things up and benefiting from it as a Eng remove purity of purpose? From where I sit ... it's the opposite. Encouraging engineers to blow stuff up is ... the purpose.

How is anyone supposed to do anything useful with that kind of feedback in the first place? Meme's are fun and all, but they certainly aren't that useful if you are serious about providing feedback to Anet or having a discussion. Yes, I think most Gyro's aren't that great, but I have other better options, including not using them or their traits.

@"migcun.5240" said:I keep saying in every post about this, that gyros should always stay close to the user ( engineer ) and they should be considered like turrets update, but instead of staying on the ground they move with you. Where you go, they go .

Shredder gyro would literally "shredder" everyone on your area ( if you move the gyro moves with you and still shreddering everything). Like warrior dual axe skill n°5 ( where he spins And slashing everything).

Blaster gyro should be a riffle gyro shooting your targets instead of charging and boom.

But they always stick to you! This is the only way to solve the pathing problem!

Scrapper should work the close combat version of engineer, we got a dual hammer that gives so much fun in to it , this is actually the only reason I play scrapper, too bad it starts to scale so bad compared to everything else on the game.

ANET please work into this, is more than time .

agreed with everything except

And please allow players to use the elite trait weapons outside their respective elite build.

once they get to 100% build unlock!If a player already bought the game expansion there is no need to keep weapon on the bag waiting until we shift builds again.

Archived