Guild PvP Arena Update 1

The Path Finder.3197

I would like to know what you fellow PvP Guild Guild leaders think of the following idea:

To add the PvP "Helmet" to the Guild's PvP Arena, e.g. amulet, runes, sigils, etc.

1.) To promote training of junior guild pvpers in a Guild hall, for others to spectate. (Create some guild atmosphere.)2.) Correct builds, instead of PvE (Altough WvW Gear + Build Might be great to test here too.)3.) To then set up an internal guild "season" and league system, for 2v2, and 5v5(to practice for tournaments)

• The practice is focused on skills, builds and the actual fighting, unlike the arena token maps, which are rather used to "practice for maps"4.) Having a system where Guildies can compete, train and an internal guild leader-board (to help with placements for e.g. tournament teams)5.) This will be a great place to practice with your ranked partner.

Originally when I built my first Arena for the guild I presumed this will be it. Not the half finished version it is now... pve gear? No internal Guild League? :(

I would love to see this happening, since wvwers are getting their "alliance system"

It would also be fun to "challenge other guilds" to come spar in your Arena against your top leader board teams.

Sounds good, but the discrepancies between PvE and PvP gear could get in the way. If what you want PvE gear, including food and amulets, then that means people need to buy/farm certain gears, amulets , and weapons stats, as well as fully unlock their respective elite professions.

If what you propose is PvP arenas, with PvP rules, well, custom arenas already exist and the system is in place, all it needs is community organization and promotion.

I'm all down for more promotion to PvP, but not sure how you want to entice guilds to participate in the current state of game balance and community resources.

@"Fortus.6175" said:Sounds good, but the discrepancies between PvE and PvP gear could get in the way. If what you want PvE gear, including food and amulets, then that means people need to buy/farm certain gears, amulets , and weapons stats, as well as fully unlock their respective elite professions.

If what you propose is PvP arenas, with PvP rules, well, custom arenas already exist and the system is in place, all it needs is community organization and promotion.

I'm all down for more promotion to PvP, but not sure how you want to entice guilds to participate in the current state of game balance and community resources.

We paid a tons of mats for an useless arena, I think custom arena is "nice" for guildless pvpers who are too anti-social for guilds anyways, without a guild hall - Custom arena is nice if wanting to practice "a map". However, a "guild arena needs to "function" as it is a feature of a PvP guild or suposed to be! - a ground to train newbs without wasting gold, constantly - since you put blood and sweat into getting a "private" arena for your guild.

The "helmet" will be like the one in pvp lobby, pve gear is not a factor - it will most likely be wvw gear, which players grind for anyways... (it is not the focus) The focus is to get the Max level 80 in the arena, with "helmet" that unlocks builds and mastery etc for newbs to be trained 1on1 by skilled players or 5v5s etc. Using it to practice some wvw tacts might just be a bonus... but a "helmet icon" is not needed for wvw gear... (unless adding a wvw helmet icon becomes an aditional wvw upgrade)

The - traps and gizmos makes your guild Arena like a personal custom fighting ground, which makes it "great for a personal touch" practising it, knowing your corners etc.... your home turf so to say - then challenging a rival guild. <---That's fun

Then, an internal league system - with a Guild UI dash board to display to the guild who the "bras" in guild is, that's got skill to join the "guild tournament teams."

You can really "grow a sense of" - team, and spur a spark in your newbs who don't usually like pvp to learn it from pvpers. Forget about open community, there's guilds for a reason - we want to nurture, train and develop our own fighters, to take them on missions, to kill other guilds, and to do tournaments with... instead of with randoms.

I see no point in the guild arena as it is now... Anet, please give us a PvP Guild Arena UI update <3 <3 <3

There's 3 TEAMS and obstacles etc.... its going to waste, There's different sizes teams can be, all this and no tracking fight system or pvp builds/helmet icon :'(

Stop worrying about - dev time, with PoF and new players - esp in my guild buying the expansions like crazy.... I'm sure they can hire 1 more guy ^_^ - jk jk, but GW2 is doing much better than in the past.

Archived