what will be the new big selling point for the next xpact?

Balsa.3951

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Housing would be cool, although not everyone would be interested in that. Full-fledged flight isn't going to happen though unless it's only possible in new zones that are designed around that. Air combat might be a bit too ambitious for GW2 at this point but who knows.

Personally I would like a story with more replay value so I can be bothered to play more than one character through it and I would like new specializations that don't add new weapon choices but to deepen the existing core classes. With that I'd like to see a big revamp with regards to the skill bar so that we get skill pools that we can select from for each weapon choice and can assign them to the slot we like. The fixed skills sets are kind of annoying because we can't move them around and there are always one or two skills on it that I really wish I didn't have to pick. You can see that they're balanced around both pvp and pve but when I'm doing pve I don't want to be stuck with skills that are more pvp oriented and vice versa. That would be a huge selling point for me.

@Balsa.3951Ships and naval combat would be awesome. We asked for this years ago and they said with their current game engine that is not possible as game is not designed for that.But they said a lot of things that ended up to be untrue, so we can still hope.

@Gehenna.3625Regarding weapon skills, I think what you wish for will hardly ever be implemented. There is a thing we might see in a future you may like - trait changing a skill. They added such trait in the last patch for guardians (Glacial Heart) and I think it was second such trait added to game. Don't know what first one is. More of that would give you ability to slightly alter your weapon skills.

I would like to see more player created content and more guild oriented (and supported) content. Aaaaannnd let's not forget GREATAXE!

Also I would prefer going north-east than south to Canta.

I would sell my soul for housing in GW2 because it's my main MMO!!! <3 I only play ESO because I enjoy decorating my house but their combat and lack of open world PvE events is extremely boring, I wish I could quit for good but I need it to scratch my housing itch. :(

Btw, housing would be cheap and logical for Anet, the system is already there thanks to guild decorations, they just have to enable it for everyone and make adjustments/improvements. :D

@Mea.5491 said:

@"Rod.6581" said:There are two types of housing: Instanced and Open World. I think only instanced is possible for GW2. Not sure if that is what everyone asking for housing has in mind.

I want it instanced like in ESO/Rift, not sure what an "open world" housing looks like, tbh.

Archeage has open world housing for example."A complex housing system, where you are placing houses on 'Housing Zone' (on the open world) accessible to everyone..."

@Rod.6581 said:

@Mea.5491 said:

@Rod.6581 said:There are two types of housing: Instanced and Open World. I think only instanced is possible for GW2. Not sure if that is what everyone asking for housing has in mind.

I want it instanced like in ESO/Rift, not sure what an "open world" housing looks like, tbh.

Archeage has open world housing for example."A complex housing system, where you are placing houses on 'Housing Zone' (on the open world) accessible to everyone..."

Just looked it up on Youtube, it looks interesting. I still prefer the instanced type, I think it would be better in GW2. x)

Player housing and an account-based Hall of Monuments would be great. (This can be one thing if well combined: Your house as personal museum for your collections, items and achievements.)

Maybe even with a stables outside for displaying your mount collection and a nest nearby for your griffon. This would surely give a new direction to my gameplay just like the Hall of monuments did for Guild Wars: Eye of the North.

@Mea.5491 said:

@Rod.6581 said:

@Mea.5491 said:

@Rod.6581 said:There are two types of housing: Instanced and Open World. I think only instanced is possible for GW2. Not sure if that is what everyone asking for housing has in mind.

Just looked it up on Youtube, it looks interesting. I still prefer the instanced type, I think it would be better in GW2. x)

ArcheAge is moderately pay-to-win (less blatant about it than e.g. Game of War: Fire Age, but definitely still there), and aggressively RNG for gear advancement, and their housing system is, in its own special way, also PvP - there aren't enough spots in the open world for everyone to place a house.

@Rod.6581 said:@Balsa.3951Ships and naval combat would be awesome. We asked for this years ago and they said with their current game engine that is not possible as game is not designed for that.But they said a lot of things that ended up to be untrue, so we can still hope.

@Gehenna.3625Regarding weapon skills, I think what you wish for will hardly ever be implemented. There is a thing we might see in a future you may like - trait changing a skill. They added such trait in the last patch for guardians (Glacial Heart) and I think it was second such trait added to game. Don't know what first one is. More of that would give you ability to slightly alter your weapon skills.

I would like to see more player created content and more guild oriented (and supported) content. Aaaaannnd let's not forget GREATAXE!

Also I would prefer going north-east than south to Canta.

Well I also don't expect them to change the skill set up, but it is what I would like. It doesn't hurt to through it out there, but I'm not holding my breath lol

Archived