FPS/Graphic settings

Porrin.3298

Is there a way to improve performance overall?

In core tyria usually runs between 70-110 fps, in HoT and PoF usually between 30 - 60fps and during meta events or in populated cities (Lions Arch or Divinities reach during festivals) rarely goes above 30fps.

Is there a way to improve performance through software? or which piece of hardware could i upgrade in order to do so?

My specs are:

Ryzen 5 1600 OC to 3.8 GHzMSI GTX 1070ti OC to +230 CC, +370 MCGskill RipJaws V 2600mhz 2x8GB

Current in game Settings:

Animations: highAntialiasing: SMAA LowEnviroment: highLOD distance: HighReflections: AllTextures: HighRender Sampling: NativeShadows: MediumShaders: HighPostprocesing: NoneCharacter model limit: LowCharacter model Quality: LowAmbien Oclusion: yesBest texture Filtering: yesEffect LOD: yesHigh res Char texture: yesLight adaptation: yes

NOTE: im also running Gw2hook, i would love if anyone could share some beautiful looking presets (i suck at tunning them myself)

Thank you very much for any help.

You can try to lower animations and shadows further. But it may not improve things that much. Character model limit is the one you already have set to low.I like postprocessing to highest. Probably doesn't make a difference on your machine fps wise.

Also the only thing that improves performance further is more OC. :p Or faster CPU. The numbers look good though, there is only so much fps you can squeeze out of gw2 unfortunately.

Aside from reflections you have pretty much done everything. I have this set up: R7 1700 and a RX580 and i get pretty much the same using gw2hook as well. Game is generally CPU heavy and specifically single threaded heavy. So there is only so much you can do.

As for presets for gw2hook I use the megathread in WP's reddit and then tweak stuff from there to my liking. It can provide a nice basis.

https://old.reddit.com/r/WoodenPotatoes/comments/6xa734/giveaway_and_megathread_guild_wars_2reshade_30/

i turn antialiasing off and use the graphic card setting app instead. it works better and less lag.reflection off. you can't tell the difference if you have your shaders on high. but it'll just muck up fps.environment/lod, you could set them to medium. it'll render less objects around you and therefore will give you more fps.shadow doesn't affect much fps like other games so it's alright. i set mine on high.i turn off high res char texture. eveything else is already high settings, don't really need that to hurt fps.my char model limit to lowest, aka the least number of players displayed on my screen, the rest will have name tags instead.and char model quality is low, aka less amount of high quality chars = the better.
i think you pretty much set except a few options. imo, amd ryzen isn't as strong as the intel i7 when it comes to single core performance ;x but this game is badly optimized so keep that in mind.

Archived