Unsummon All Minions for Necromancer

Hoover.6394

Using minions Necromancer, problem is carrying all the minions when u try to flee from some battles is a pain, cos ur minions will still fight and u can’t runs away and get on a mount quickly, and u are forced to fight... we need a skill/mechanics/passive to Unsummon them. Please give this to us...

@kharmin.7683 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:we need some kind of control like pets do, just because they are minions doesn't mean you can't control them.better yet, the whole point of being a necromancer is that you control the undead.

Not necessarily. Just because you can animate/raise dead things doesn't necessarily mean absolute control over them.

just because you have a pet doesn't mean you have full control over it, same thing.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:we need some kind of control like pets do, just because they are minions doesn't mean you can't control them.better yet, the whole point of being a necromancer is that you control the undead.

Not necessarily. Just because you can animate/raise dead things doesn't necessarily mean absolute control over them.

just because you have a pet doesn't mean you have full control over it, same thing.

Just ask us ranger mains how much control we have over our pets. Always running off and aggro-ing things they shouldn't. :)

Also, pets probably have some level of intelligence, being sentient. Undead things, perhaps not so much. Of course, one might argue that being mindless, undead should be easier for a necro to control, but the counter to that might be that the magic granting animation to these creatures might not be sufficient for that.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Just ask us ranger mains how much control we have over our pets. Always running off and aggro-ing things they shouldn't. :)

Also, pets probably have some level of intelligence, being sentient. Undead things, perhaps not so much. Of course, one might argue that being mindless, undead should be easier for a necro to control, but the counter to that might be that the magic granting animation to these creatures might not be sufficient for that.

We also cant put our pets away in combat, unless we SB merge(which not everyone uses SB)...

@Dante.1763 said:

We also cant put our pets away in combat, unless we SB merge(which not everyone uses SB)...

but you can tell it to stop fighting, also to avoid combat

@Khisanth.2948 said:

but you can tell it to stop fighting, also to avoid combat

Sure, but it can and does still get attacked preventing you from doing the same thing the OP is talking about. While i agree it should be an option for necro minions, im just pointing out we cant put ours away either, and if necros where to be given the option to unsummon their minions outright, then rangers should be able to put there pets away while in combat also.

@kharmin.7683 said:

the whole part of them being mindless makes them easier to control, they are alive because the necro tells them to, not because they want to.a pet on the other hand need control beyond the master and unless you didn't notice, just charming a pet doesn't make it a remote controlled thing.

@sorudo.9054 said:

the whole part of them being mindless makes them easier to control, they are alive because the necro tells them to, not because they want to.

And I would argue that the amount of concentration that a necro would need to expend to do this (with multiple minions, too!) would be too taxing to enable such granular control. But.... then we're taking this discussion into a different realm outside of the scope of the devs intentions, I believe.

As an aside, have you ever tried to control a toddler? Or a pack of toddlers? The result is about the same as with minions -- trust me! :)

@Khisanth.2948 said:Oh and you can also have the pet teleport away via swap.

@kharmin.7683 said:You can detonate bone minions.

All but two minions cant be dealt with this way, the flesh golem and the devourer looking one, perhaps their activation skills should be changed so that if you activate they die afterwards, that way you have the complete option of getting rid of them in combat. The only that will be lacking after that is the ability to put them on passive or avoid combat. But unless you also give rangers a means to store pets in combat, necros shouldnt get anything more than what they have(aside from the extra control options).

All but two minions cant be dealt with this way, the flesh golem and the devourer looking one, perhaps their activation skills should be changed so that if you activate they die afterwards, that way you have the complete option of getting rid of them in combat. The only that will be lacking after that is the ability to put them on passive or avoid combat. But unless you also give rangers a means to store pets in combat, necros shouldnt get anything more than what they have(aside from the extra control options).

I'm fine with manually kill all of them one by one, even it takes effort to do, at lease i wont be traped in battle area forever and die cos my minions keep fighting with foes

@Hoover.6394 said:

@DaFishBob.6518 said:Can tonics be used while in combat? I think that would kill off all your minions since you lose all utility skills then while transformed.

Never used Tonic before, but you won't be able to mount after you use tonic right?

Right, can't mount while under a transformation, but you can cancel the transformation afterwards.

@Hoover.6394 said:Using minions Necromancer, problem is carrying all the minions when u try to flee from some battles is a pain, cos ur minions will still fight and u can’t runs away and get on a mount quickly, and u are forced to fight... we need a skill/mechanics/passive to Unsummon them. Please give this to us...

If you want your minions to be unsummoned quickly, play a mesmer :scream:Besides tonics, the nearly free Pumpkin cookie will desummon them (and that can be used in combat).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Hoover.6394 said:Using minions Necromancer, problem is carrying all the minions when u try to flee from some battles is a pain, cos ur minions will still fight and u can’t runs away and get on a mount quickly, and u are forced to fight... we need a skill/mechanics/passive to Unsummon them. Please give this to us...

If you want your minions to be unsummoned quickly, play a mesmer :scream:Besides tonics, the nearly free Pumpkin cookie will desummon them (and that can be used in combat).

:scream: Pumpkin Cookie kills Undeads?

@Hoover.6394 said:

:scream: Pumpkin Cookie kills Undeads?

Undead have a severe gluten intolerance.

I really, really want to be able to get rid of minions that are perpetually fighting since I hate being unable to mount and get out of there or continue on my way before some enemy or my minion picked a fight I didn't want. Being forced to slowly jog away on foot just brings the fun to a stop. The minions could be detonated and cause a little damage or at least a minor condition like dizziness or blindness to the enemies in their radius.

Preferably, I'd like to get rid of the restriction against mounting when in combat, but I'm sure part of why it exists is to prevent spamming mount attacks. If there was a way to limit attacks but allow mounting (and non-combat moves like jumping) to get away would be wonderful. Maybe it could be earned as a new Mastery.

Archived