Better Wintersday Gifts <3

They have a new mini dungeon and some updates.. I think it's pretty good this year.. I'm quite happy with it..

I bought the new toy shell infusion to collect I know many doesn't like it :pI kinda OK with it and will keep this infusion with my human necro

This year's wintersday is not bad considering they have many other scheduled work to deliver such as main LS update and wvw etc..

It's better than last year but it still feels not very "merry". I basically did annual achievement by now, not playing a lot -> just because I know all the content and can jump these puzzles and ring those bells with almost my eyes closed. It's fun but rewards to earn are so bad I feel no incentive to do any of these.

@"Kas.3509" said:It's better than last year but it still feels not very "merry". I basically did annual achievement by now, not playing a lot -> just because I know all the content and can jump these puzzles and ring those bells with almost my eyes closed. It's fun but rewards to earn are so bad I feel no incentive to do any of these.

Well there are many people doing this for the first time.. this year they add a new dungeon and polished the JP etc I think it's a good thing.. I prefer not too much farming like most years hours and hours of JP, bells etc.. at least it's easy .. :)

@Talindra.4958 said:

@"Kas.3509" said:It's better than last year but it still feels not very "merry". I basically did annual achievement by now, not playing a lot -> just because I know all the content and can jump these puzzles and ring those bells with almost my eyes closed. It's fun but rewards to earn are so bad I feel no incentive to do any of these.

Well there are many people doing this for the first time.. this year they add a new dungeon and polished the JP etc I think it's a good thing.. I prefer not too much farming like most years hours and hours of JP, bells etc.. at least it's easy .. :)

Yeah I dont thinkg they should remove the content or make achievements more difficult. Id rather prefer they added more pretty cosmetics or something else to get from it if you want. Its sad to finish all you might need from 2 weeks holiday in 1 day - not even playing a lot. Its still one of my fav holidays though.

@Kas.3509 said:

@Kas.3509 said:It's better than last year but it still feels not very "merry". I basically did annual achievement by now, not playing a lot -> just because I know all the content and can jump these puzzles and ring those bells with almost my eyes closed. It's fun but rewards to earn are so bad I feel no incentive to do any of these.

Yeah I dont thinkg they should remove the content or make achievements more difficult. Id rather prefer they added more pretty cosmetics or something else to get from it if you want. Its sad to finish all you might need from 2 weeks holiday in 1 day - not even playing a lot. Its still one of my fav holidays though.

I guess instead of making us spending two weeks doing repetitive work for 200ap, we can do it in 1 day or two days for 50ap, and spend the rest of 2weeks with family preparing for festive season.. :p I have a family of two children and during festive season we also have visiting family so the house is more merrier than usual hence gaming isn't something we would want to spend more time in.. I guess anet perhaps are considering this and so making the grinding part less than previous years.. They could add more farming means into new dungeon I guess for those who has a bit more time to play but not tie into ap or main achievement too much.

The only MMO I've known to do seasonal events right is Runescape.

Three events per year for Easter, Halloween and Christmas.

Each year the events would be totally different, with a completely new quest and side activity (sometimes) to do each time complete with it's own little story.

The reward would be only one item (or a set) but would become completely unobtainable next year with a new reward taking its place instead. It was a cool "I was there" kind of item.

They felt truly special and provided good incentive to do them every year. Literally no other game has done events like this but tbh, this is the way to go. It gives you an experience you'll never forget and truly something to look forward to every year, three times a year.

@"Magek.4718" said:The only MMO I've known to do seasonal events right is Runescape.

Each year the events would be totally different, with a completely new quest and side activity (sometimes) to do each time complete with it's own little story.

The reward would be only one item (or a set) but would become completely unobtainable next year with a new reward taking its place instead. It was a cool "I was there" kind of item.

They felt truly special and provided good incentive to do them every year. Literally no other game has done events like this but tbh, this is the way to go. It gives you an experience you'll never forget and truly something to look forward to every year, three times a year.Isn't that kind of like what GW2 did with season 1 of the living story? One-time only content that you either do in the short timeframe it's released or are forever out of luck? Turns out a large part of the playerbase didn't appreciate the system back then, and I'm fairly sure that they'll appreciate it even less when that timeframe collides with a time when many people are busy with their lives outside of games anyway.

Personally I'm really enjoying Wintersday as a festival to have fun, playing a bit here or there, but not being forced to grind to get the goodies. That's one of the main reasons why I enjoy this game: when I feel like sinking my teeth into something there's a lot of (permanent) content there letting me choose how to spend my time, but there's also a lot of content I can play just for the fun of it, especially the festivals. I don't want "something really nice" that you need to grind for and only a few lucky people (or those with enough free time on their hand) actually get. I want fun activities like bell choir, SAB, or the flying dolyak race that amuse me simply because the activity itself is amusing, and this game gives me a lot of that (and even throws gifts at me on top of it :) ).

I'd like to see the drop rate tables enhanced a bit for what the gifts give you. I do not mean getting gifts , I mean what's inside the gifts.There are videos out there that show 50,000 gifts being opened and pretty much they got VERY VERY little of the nicer things.I have only opened , i would guess, maybe 400 and i think i got one mini ( beside drinks and the other non-valuable stuff) .I enjoy doing the Wintersday mount race, Toypocalypse , and the Infiniarium . I enjoy the snow very much and love the pretty star lights.I would just like to enjoy opening gifts by getting something decent every 300 gifts so so.
I was also dis-satisfied with the drop rate from 2018 Mad King vs the 2017 Mad King. It made me NOT want to do the content because I wasn't rewarded enough for it.Just my 2 cents.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@"Magek.4718" said:The only MMO I've known to do seasonal events right is Runescape.

They felt truly special and provided good incentive to do them every year. Literally no other game has done events like this but tbh, this is the way to go. It gives you an experience you'll never forget and truly something to look forward to every year, three times a year.Isn't that kind of like what GW2 did with season 1 of the living story? One-time only content that you either do in the short timeframe it's released or are forever out of luck? Turns out a large part of the playerbase didn't appreciate the system back then, and I'm fairly sure that they'll appreciate it even less when that timeframe collides with a time when many people are busy with their lives outside of games anyway.

Personally I'm really enjoying Wintersday as a festival to have fun, playing a bit here or there, but not being forced to grind to get the goodies. That's one of the main reasons why I enjoy this game: when I feel like sinking my teeth into something there's a lot of (permanent) content there letting me choose how to spend my time, but there's also a lot of content I can play just for the fun of it, especially the festivals. I don't want "something really nice" that you need to grind for and only a few lucky people (or those with enough free time on their hand) actually get. I want fun activities like bell choir, SAB, or the flying dolyak race that amuse me simply because the activity itself is amusing, and this game gives me a lot of that (and even throws gifts at me on top of it :) ).

I think there's a big difference between a seasonal event that's supposed to be on a time limit and actual content and main storyline in the game being lost forever.

@Magek.4718 said:

@Magek.4718 said:The only MMO I've known to do seasonal events right is Runescape.

I think there's a big difference between a seasonal event that's supposed to be on a time limit and actual content and main storyline in the game being lost forever.

The tell us, what is that "big difference" except that you choose to call one "seasonal" and the other "actual" content?Both is content that would be there for a limited time and then not anymore, why would it matter that one type of content is added and removed because of the time of the year and then lost and the other is added because of the story and then lost. It is the "lost" part that people did not like, it has nothing to do with why it was added.People dislike to miss out on content that was removed, no matter why that content was there.

Archived