Noob help with questing

Milky.6412

Hey Internet. I'm new to GW2 obviously.... I need help with certain Heart quests, Unlike WOW when you are doing quests hearts don't give you or highlight the area where you need to go for the objective. Now I know mostly the objectives are right around where the heart is but some aren't. I just want to know is there a setting or maybe a add-on or something that will show me a highlighted area where the stuff I need to kill/collect/save etc is. Thanks.

@Milky.6412 said:Hey Internet. I'm new to GW2 obviously.... I need help with certain Heart quests, Unlike WOW when you are doing quests hearts don't give you or highlight the area where you need to go for the objective. Now I know mostly the objectives are right around where the heart is but some aren't. I just want to know is there a setting or maybe a add-on or something that will show me a highlighted area where the stuff I need to kill/collect/save etc is. Thanks.

As long as you see the heart icon on the right side of the screen detailing your task you are in the area to complete the quest.

@Schnuschnu.9857 said:

@Milky.6412 said:Hey Internet. I'm new to GW2 obviously.... I need help with certain Heart quests, Unlike WOW when you are doing quests hearts don't give you or highlight the area where you need to go for the objective. Now I know mostly the objectives are right around where the heart is but some aren't. I just want to know is there a setting or maybe a add-on or something that will show me a highlighted area where the stuff I need to kill/collect/save etc is. Thanks.

As long as you see the heart icon on the right side of the screen detailing your task you are in the area to complete the quest.

This is the best way to tell - if you're within range of the heart then it will show up as something to complete, if you go outside of the boundary then it disappears, and comes back when you re-enter (you won't lose any progress by doing this).

The description will sometimes also give you an idea of where it is - for example if it talks about an orchard or a garden or a camp or whatever you can generally see where that is.

In some cases if you are especially stuck, the heart individual that needs help will often give you what is needed to help progress. In Caledon, one gives you a "spy kit" so you can sabotage Nightmare Court, and another turns you into a mossheart to tend to the garden. In Wayfarer Foothills, one transforms you into a Snow Leopard so you can scare bushes and hunt the animals that scatter.

When in doubt, talk to the heart individual and you will get more detail about what to do. When you're done, that person becomes a vendor and you can buy small things for karma from that person. I advise to save your karma, especially in the earlier areas.

@Danikat.8537 said:

This is the best way to tell - if you're within range of the heart then it will show up as something to complete, if you go outside of the boundary then it disappears, and comes back when you re-enter (you won't lose any progress by doing this).

The description will sometimes also give you an idea of where it is - for example if it talks about an orchard or a garden or a camp or whatever you can generally see where that is.

There is also an audio cue when you walk into range of a heart.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

...but unfortunately, it does not give you an audio cue when you accidentally wander out of range. So keep an eye on it.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Is there? I've never noticed. I guess that what comes from playing in a noisy room and often with the sound off or low. I have a feeling I'd recognise it if I heard it, but I can't remember ever hearing a noise and thinking 'I must be near a heart'.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

...but unfortunately, it does not give you an audio cue when you accidentally wander out of range. So keep an eye on it.

And the audio clue also doesn't say which heart you are in range of.

Also make sure to read the description underneath the heart! Especially on the right. There are always multiple ways of completing them and one might be more effective than the other and award you more credit towards finishing them. My rule of thumb has always been to interact with special items with yellow names in heart areas and figuring out what to do with them.

Archived