[Interesting Event Idea?] 10X HP + no OOC passive HP regen + attrition

DaFishBob.6518

Here's the idea:All players have 10X maximum HP, do not automatically heal up when out of combat, and will lose maximum HP over time as they fight (attrition).One shots are basically gone with 10X maximum HP, but the attack can not be shrugged off as it will take much longer to recover HP without the automatic heal up while OOC.Down state not affected by 10X maximum HP.Players can use most other healing effects as normal so healing skills or boons or environmental effects all work. Healing effects that recover a percentage of maximum HP are 10% effective (looking at you signet of courage).Players also lose maximum HP while engaged in a fight as well, to ensure people, even blobs, actually die when under prolonged pressure.Maximum HP can recover slowly OOC or instantly by being defeated by an enemy. Med kits found near sentries can help recover maximum HP quicker. Medic NPCs can be added to spawn locations to also help recover maximum HP quicker.

I think this would be an interesting change to the normal pacing of WvW game play by ensuring people don't just melt in seconds for stepping outside of the blob and allowing eventual wear downs of a seemingly insurmountable force. Also gives a purpose to those med kits near sentries and may even encourage sending squad members in waves as opposed to a massive server crunching blob.

Soooo....You want to end up with classes that have 400,000+ HP pool? Add in protection, healing, life steal, not even getting into sigils etc that grant a stat that is based off of health level, uptime on those is meant to be low, with this new system their uptime would be massive. You would have to rework everything to do this, from trait lines to gear to runes etc etc.

If you are dying so fast stepping out of the blob, might I suggest you spend more time out of the blob and learn some actual combat skills.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:System? This is an idea for an event like no downed state or bloodlust. I'm only trying to see if there's any interest in this idea so I'm not going to get into all the balance details. Every other event just lands without regard for balance so why should this have to take into account balance?

Except no downed state helps balance skill vs numbers and should be the way the game mode was from the start.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@DaFishBob.6518 said:System? This is an idea for an event like no downed state or bloodlust. I'm only trying to see if there's any interest in this idea so I'm not going to get into all the balance details. Every other event just lands without regard for balance so why should this have to take into account balance?

Except no downed state helps balance skill vs numbers and should be the way the game mode was from the start.

But did the no downed state event get used to balance the mode or to create an interesting change? Think about it, it made it more balanced but it's not permanent and we don't know if it ever will so what did it ultimately do in the end?

@DaFishBob.6518 said:

But did the no downed state event get used to balance the mode or to create an interesting change? Think about it, it made it more balanced but it's not permanent and we don't know if it ever will so what did it ultimately do in the end?

What did it do? It proved once and for all what those of us who have asked for no DS from the start, but were always called "crazy", because they claimed it really wouldn't help out numbered skilled players, and would hurt them and make blobs even stronger....That excuse can't be used anymore as we have first hand experience now. It also didn't change stats, ruin/sigil effects, food or other effects etc etc, this however would. The only thing no DS did was make a few res traits not useful.

This however would be a bad idea across the board, it would break everything. You have builds as it is now that are boon crazy with protection and regen, they are almost unkillable now with 20k+ HP, now you want to give them 200,000HP? This would allow them to spec even less into vitality etc for even more boon uptime or dmg. I honestly can't believe I am even having to explain this or how broken it would make everything.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

What did it do? It proved once and for all what those of us who have asked for no DS from the start, but were always called "crazy", because they claimed it really wouldn't help out numbered skilled players, and would hurt them and make blobs even stronger....That excuse can't be used anymore as we have first hand experience now. It also didn't change stats, ruin/sigil effects, food or other effects etc etc, this however would. The only thing no DS did was make a few res traits not useful.

This however would be a bad idea across the board, it would break everything. You have builds as it is now that are boon crazy with protection and regen, they are almost unkillable now with 20k+ HP, now you want to give them 200,000HP? This would allow them to spec even less into vitality etc for even more boon uptime or dmg. I honestly can't believe I am even having to explain this or how broken it would make everything.

And for all the proof it provided, it's still not made permanent.

By the way, did you consider the attrition portion at all? The part where that 200k max HP will eventually dwindle to 1 max HP in prolonged combat? That HP does not automatically regenerate when out of combat?

And you can stop arguing with me at any time. I just wanted to see if it interests anyone. You seem interested enough to argue about it.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:

By the way, did you consider the attrition portion at all? The part where that 200k max HP will eventually dwindle to 1 max HP in prolonged combat? That HP does not automatically regenerate when out of combat?

And you can stop arguing with me at any time. I just wanted to see if it interests anyone. You seem interested enough to argue about it.

Lots of things that need to be done or added, has not been by anet. They are wildly disconnected from WvW.

All fights are attrition, so I have no idea what you are trying to say, you might want to explain in detail if there are other aspects to it. How are you insuring that HP will dwindle in combat? The boon builds will maintain that 200k HP, as you stated healing skills etc will remain. Out of combat regen doesn't make any sense to remove, it doesn't help the combat, and just makes people WP back to one of those "healing NPC" you talked about, it would also make those who just got out of a fight at a bigger disadvantage, as anyone who WPs back will be full, but the other person will be trying to heal back to 200k+, assuming they are not one of the unkillable builds.

Not interested at all, only amazed you can't see a single problem that would come from this.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Lots of things that need to be done or added, has not been by anet. They are wildly disconnected from WvW.

All fights are attrition, so I have no idea what you are trying to say, you might want to explain in detail if there are other aspects to it. How are you insuring that HP will dwindle in combat? The boon builds will maintain that 200k HP, as you stated healing skills etc will remain. Out of combat regen doesn't make any sense to remove, it doesn't help the combat, and just makes people WP back to one of those "healing NPC" you talked about, it would also make those who just got out of a fight at a bigger disadvantage, as anyone who WPs back will be full, but the other person will be trying to heal back to 200k+, assuming they are not one of the unkillable builds.

Not interested at all, only amazed you can't see a single problem that would come from this.

With attrition, I mean that maximum HP will simply go down while in combat, even if the invulnerable boon build as you call it keeps topping off their health with heals. It might even just be a constant loss mechanism where it drains regardless of performance in battle. A completely invulnerable player will still lose health in that manner. The medic could help recover HP and maximum HP, but that will not be instant, think of something like 5 minutes out of action to fully recover (maybe less, whatever time people would feel more appropriate). The only instant recovery of all HP is to die to an enemy and then WP to spawn.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:

With attrition, I mean that maximum HP will simply go down while in combat, even if the invulnerable boon build as you call it keeps topping off their health with heals. It might even just be a constant loss mechanism where it drains regardless of performance in battle. A completely invulnerable player will still lose health in that manner. The medic could help recover HP and maximum HP, but that will not be instant, think of something like 5 minutes out of action to fully recover (maybe less, whatever time people would feel more appropriate). The only instant recovery of all HP is to die to an enemy and then WP to spawn.

Oh, I see, so it's even worse than I thought. As you are adding a static health drain in combat, where those bunker builds will be out healing the ticks, if you make the ticks strong enough the people NOT running this bunker builds would always die to a bunker, as all the bunker has to do is keep the other player in combat and wait for it to tick to zero. The bunker builds would not even bother with dmg, go full on bunker and kiting ability and wait it out.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

I would not mind if rez in this game returns to be back like gw1.. hard rez skills or signets :}, probably classes would receive a bit more health, since 2-3 sec combat from bursts exist due the downstate...

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Oh, I see, so it's even worse than I thought. As you are adding a static health drain in combat, where those bunker builds will be out healing the ticks, if you make the ticks strong enough the people NOT running this bunker builds would always die to a bunker, as all the bunker has to do is keep the other player in combat and wait for it to tick to zero. The bunker builds would not even bother with dmg, go full on bunker and kiting ability and wait it out.

There's no out healing going on here, the maximum HP is falling, you can't heal maximum HP while in combat. And why should someone that can not hurt a bunker be able to kill a bunker?

@Kovu.7560 said:

@DaFishBob.6518 said:Golem Week? Mind giving me some context on what that was what that implies here?

Golems have an obscene amount of health but don't regenerate when they take damage.A few years back there was an event where golems didn't cost supply to build and moved twice as fast.You can imagine how that week went.

~ Kovu

Yeah, I think I can see the problem with that. I've seen enough places where an instantly built golem running on to the scene could lead to a very un fun situation. That said, my idea here is to not have any kinds of instant super HP resets occurring besides getting killed and re-spawning. People will have a higher maximum HP but will need to manage it more carefully than jumping out of a beat up golem and into a free, newly made golem.

@borgs.6103 said:

@borgs.6103 said:Everyone will just go full damage builds, and evades/invuls/blocks will be kings.

... Isn't that the way things are already?Not really, but assuming that it is, what does this new event accomplish then?

Letting people see if going full damage without 100-0ing is really a good idea. Stress testing builds with supposedly infinite damage mitigation. Rethinking blob formations. Zergbusting. A reason for the med kits near sentries.

I figured it might also make WvW feel more like being at ground level of an RTS game.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:Letting people see if going full damage without 100-0ing is really a good idea.Presently, Warriors and their variants. And with x10 HP, probably everyone else.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:Stress testing builds with supposedly infinite damage mitigation.I really have no idea if these even exist.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:Rethinking blob formations. Zergbusting.??? Since TTK is so high, as I have said, it will be the same stuff, except everyone's gonna be full damage.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:A reason for the med kits near sentries.There is a reason why almost no one picks those up. (Aside from escorting yaks, and roamer builds with no increase movespeed access). It's because you lose your weapon skills. Your proposed recover Max HP quicker is incomplete. You have to give a number that will justify its use and the modifiers it will interact with. Even if it can be attractive, you are still losing weapon skills. By the time you will need to recovery your Max HP quicker, you'll want your weapon skills since that means you're in combat and at a disadvantage.

You're not seeing how this event will even make people siege hump more, and stay on the defensive. Some dudes grab sentry med kit, stay within the safety of their structures, and just recover the Max HP of the defenders.

@borgs.6103 said:

@DaFishBob.6518 said:Letting people see if going full damage without 100-0ing is really a good idea.Presently, Warriors and their variants. And with x10 HP, probably everyone else.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:Stress testing builds with supposedly infinite damage mitigation.I really have no idea if these even exist.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:Rethinking blob formations. Zergbusting.??? Since TTK is so high, as I have said, it will be the same stuff, except everyone's gonna be full damage.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:A reason for the med kits near sentries.There is a reason why almost no one picks those up. (Aside from escorting yaks, and roamer builds with no increase movespeed access). It's because you lose your weapon skills. Your proposed
recover Max HP quicker
is incomplete. You have to give a number that will justify its use and the modifiers it will interact with. Even if it can be attractive, you are still losing weapon skills. By the time you will need to
recovery your Max HP quicker
, you'll want your weapon skills since that means you're in combat and at a disadvantage.

You're not seeing how this event will even make people siege hump more, and stay on the defensive. Some dudes grab sentry med kit, stay within the safety of their structures, and just recover the Max HP of the defenders.

I'm aware the recover Max HP quicker proposal is incomplete, that's because I want to see if there's any interest in this idea instead of coming up with a number that will be rejected no matter what simply because there's no interest in trying this. I will say this about that proposal, I envisioned it to be a slow recovery, just a patch up job as a group travels through the map, maybe even make the max HP recovery only work out of combat.

People in combat and at a disadvantage die, that's not acceptable? Is siege humping a big deal if TTK goes up and a well managed zerg simply outlasts the structure they're attacking? And sending small groups to burst damage people in a zerg, leaving them severely injured and needing to use healing skills won't eventually bust up the zerg?

@DaFishBob.6518 said:I'm aware the recover Max HP quicker proposal is incomplete, that's because I want to see if there's any interest in this idea instead of coming up with a number that will be rejected no matter what simply because there's no interest in trying this. I will say this about that proposal, I envisioned it to be a slow recovery, just a patch up job as a group travels through the map, maybe even make the max HP recovery only work out of combat.

People in combat and at a disadvantage die, that's not acceptable? Is siege humping a big deal if TTK goes up and a well managed zerg simply outlasts the structure they're attacking? And sending small groups to burst damage people in a zerg, leaving them severely injured and needing to use healing skills won't eventually bust up the zerg?

If you've played WvW long enough, you'll know the majority thinks breaching defended keeps is the most unfun thing in the game. It will take huge amounts of time, and the rewards are not worth the time invested. The only fun and rewarding thing, in this supposed massively-realm-versus-realm mode, in taking keeps is when the defenders stay and fight after you've breached the Lord's room. If not, then congrats, you've spent long amounts of time fighting doors/walls and NPCs for 2 blues and a green. If you're playing right now, you'll see T3 keeps won't get re-captured unless otherwise it's undefended. Defending vs. attacking is so biased against attacking and you're asking if siege humping is a big deal?

Your idea of sending small groups to burst damage people in a zerg is moot because there won't be a zerg to burst damage since nobody would bother taking keeps unless it's undefended in your interesting event.

Archived