AB - Vinetooth Prime

phokus.8934

@altermaven.7385 said:Well, don't start Nevermore. I think VT Prime is required for Nevermore I. You're actually looking at the Bristleback area -- an easy access Nuhoch Wallow is near the Chak WP. However, you are right on one thing: anger one of those vet bristlebacks and the sludge hits the flywheel.

Haha I think I'm done with gen 2 legendary weapons. But I said that after I made Chuka so we'll see.

I just popped up my mentor tag and just kept putting in map chat to have people come to east pylon and then to vinetooth. It started out slow but eventually we had enough people.

@phokus.8934 said:(NA) for the past week and I haven't seen anyone for this.

Yeah, holiday events like Wintersday shake up most people's schedules. Folks who might run metas on a daily basis switch gears and focus on holiday only events and achievements. You'll likely have better luck after Wintersday ends...........though, that's when the next LS patch hits, so you might still find people aren't where they normally are :(

February! by February you should have no trouble :)

@phokus.8934 said:

@altermaven.7385 said:Well, don't start Nevermore. I think VT Prime is required for Nevermore I. You're actually looking at the Bristleback area -- an easy access Nuhoch Wallow is near the Chak WP. However, you are right on one thing: anger one of those vet bristlebacks and the sludge hits the flywheel.

Haha I think I'm done with gen 2 legendary weapons. But I said that after I made Chuka so we'll see.

I just popped up my mentor tag and just kept putting in map chat to have people come to east pylon and then to vinetooth. It started out slow but eventually we had enough people.

Skritt understands your dilemma. I have to finish work on Kudzu and I think I will have it finished by either January or February. Obviously after LW S4E5 drops...

@"altermaven.7385" said:Well, don't start Nevermore. I think VT Prime is required for Nevermore I. You're actually looking at the Bristleback area -- an easy access Nuhoch Wallow is near the Chak WP. However, you are right on one thing: anger one of those vet bristlebacks and the sludge hits the flywheel.

It's required for:

@Vayne.8563 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:be patient and wait for AB events to come up as daily, and AB will be flooded with people; you need to finish the meta on the east side to get the event to pop

Considering how often it actually gets done, I don't feel this is particularly good advice. It could be a long time before there's an AB daily again.

depends on whether if you are EU/NA and time of the day you play, can't do Apple to Apple comparison; the map is only filled up during city defence meta

at least in my timezone OCE during my play hours i can never find people to do it, the only times I got it done for achievements were during AB dailies

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:be patient and wait for AB events to come up as daily, and AB will be flooded with people; you need to finish the meta on the east side to get the event to pop

Considering how often it actually gets done, I don't feel this is particularly good advice. It could be a long time before there's an AB daily again.

depends on whether if you are EU/NA and time of the day you play, can't do Apple to Apple comparison; the map is only filled up during city defence meta

at least in my timezone OCE during my play hours i can never find people to do it, the only times I got it done for achievements were during AB dailies

I'm in NA and AB is done every time it's up. Just find the upcoming AB map, pop a tag, even a mentors tag, and do the east side chain. It'll happen. Maybe not every time, but it'll happen soon enough. Why wait for something random when you can make something happen?

Edit: I'm in Australia so I'm often on at off hours. Most of the time in fact.

@Vayne.8563 said:

I'm in NA and AB is done every time it's up. Just find the upcoming AB map, pop a tag, even a mentors tag, and do the east side chain. It'll happen. Maybe not every time, but it'll happen soon enough. Why wait for something random when you can make something happen?

guess you are more lucky than me :pensive: fellow aussie here

@crepuscular.9047 said:

If you still need it, hit me up, I can help you get it on aussie hours.

@Vayne.8563 said:

If you still need it, hit me up, I can help you get it on aussie hours.

i'm all good, already done all the achieves thanks ;)

I know OP got it, but solid info:

Figure out when your region's prime time is (when the most amount of people play!) and start the Eastwatch shrine meta during it. Depending on where you live, this may or may not be during server reset.--- ^ Edited ^ ---

Vinetooth Prime happens immediately after powering the Eastwatch shrines (the first map meta). The easiest way to ensure success is to Commander tag up, post your group to LFG for Auric Basin, call out in /map chat for Eastwatch -- and be specific: you need help with Vinetooth Prime once it's powered up.

Success hinges on having enough people (~15-20) with hard CC by the time Eastwatch is finished. Lots of groups fail mostly because they don't bring enough hard CC (push/pull/daze/knockdown/etc) and fail to beat the timer. Anyone that dies should immediately resurrect at the Eastwatch waypoint and rejoin.

Vinetooth Prime isn't a pushover - he'll destroy a small group quickly. Don't jump in with 4-5 people - wait for reinforcements - or you'll waste precious time getting wrecked. Nothing hurts more than losing that fight with his health at 1% because a good chunk of the squad decided to play the suicide strategy and lost to the timer.

As Commander, keep hammering map chat (within reason) until you get the numbers you need. People will come if they know you need help.

@tethyr.6513 said:I know OP got it, but solid info:

Figure out when your region's server reset is and start the Eastwatch shrine meta before or after it.[...]

Solid advice apart from that quoted bit - server reset is global, which means for significant portions of the world it falls far outside prime time. As an example, for central (western) europe it's 2am for the entire DST period. Not exactly the best time to find backup. ;)

Instead, find your server's prime time - when the largest group of players are online.

There's a world out there? :dizzy: Amended haha. Thanks!

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@tethyr.6513 said:I know OP got it, but solid info:

Figure out when your region's server reset is and start the Eastwatch shrine meta before or after it.[...]

Solid advice apart from that quoted bit - server reset is global, which means for significant portions of the world it falls
far
outside prime time. As an example, for central (western) europe it's 2am for the entire DST period. Not exactly the best time to find backup. ;)

Instead, find your server's
prime time
- when the largest group of players are online.

@phokus.8934 said:Is there a group that runs this regularly or at least once a week? I've been looking in LFG (NA) for the past week and I haven't seen anyone for this. Even during the start of AB it seems as if no one does this anymore.

i can't remember the last time i run this but i never fail Vinetooth Prime when i tag up. the most important thing is you need dps besides the cc. when people yelling left and right cc, everyone just confuses and thinks they need to throw cc at him at all time which is a no no. lol. you only throw cc when his turquoise/teal bar under his hp is up. so you can stun him and deal extra damage during this time. and rez people asap cuz if he jumps on them and consumes them, he gains more damage buff. but if they're already be consumed, tell them to wp back cuz it'll take too much time for other people to rez.

when AB meta finishes, that is when the first pylon of East Watch about to start. so you'd need to join or follow an AB meta before gathering people for VT. cuz at the start of AB meaning your VT already finished and/or failed. this event has a very specific timer that it has to finished before the next AB meta started. if you can't finish him in time, it's an automatically fail event.

also i agree, it's holidays here so you may have a harder time to find groups and do metas. but good luck. i could tag up on Sunday since it's my day off. but otherwise, everything else is night time after 9pm CST.

• 5 weeks later...

@"SnowPumpkin.1809" said:This is still a problem. I am on NA and been trying to find a group for the last couple days doing Vinetooth.

The solution is still the same:

• Do it during the region's prime time, which is generally in the evenings of the relevant time zones.
  • Have enough people (see notes above that say 15-20)
  • Have enough "hard" CC (see notes above)
  • Have enough dps (see notes above)
  • Don't bother during holiday events like Wintersday or (Canthan) Lunar New Year when everyone's busy doing holiday events.

And the Lunar New Year festival started yesterday.

As soon as i realised i needed it, i just put a tag up on east, threw up a lfg and started asking in mapchat. At the start i had only 1 person helping me do the east pylon (for quite few minutes), but by the time we got to vinetooth, i had 20+ people on me.Its realy simple to organise it, you just need to advertise it enough and ask for help.

Archived