power+vit+condition Or tough+vit+condition ?

Noe.8032

I'm primarily a condition mesmer but I've been really conflicted whether it's more effective to have the Toughness attribute for more survivability or the Power for more overall damage. I prefer having the vitality it's just a matter of whether the defense of Toughness is more effective then the offense of Power in a build where Power isn't the primary damage dealer.

It's much more important right now as I do used the Mirage's axe, and it seems to be a very specific combination of the Power or Condition side of the mesmer weapon types. The axe has distinct base damage but also deals constant condition damage, and while I can fight just fine as full condition while using it I generally wonder again if the extra power would make it more effective then being more tank-ish. And how much that power would even be useful when I'm using the staff or scepter instead of the axe.

Whether or not it is optimal atm I am running full dire armor (tough, vit, condi) with rabid weapons and trinkets (prec, tough, condi). I also put on runes of undead, +7% tough converts to condi and the trait that turns 10% tough to condi. I have abt 2k toughness, 18k hp, and 1.8k condi atm.It may not be great, but I am cheap and dont play enough to get expensive stuff.I have been running this and having a blast, killing fair number of enemies with relative ease.The only times ive died recently have been from skill mashing or not paying close enough attention to whats going on.

Archived