New Legendary Longbow ... - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New Legendary Longbow ...

2>

Comments

• Dace.8173Dace.8173 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Krispera.5087 said:
    Critical hits are Ray of Judgment (Focus 4 Guardian)
    Stow/Unstow/Combat is Holy Strike 2.0 (Staff 2 Guardian)

I made the longbow, but I would call it the epitome of reskin and lack of orginality. The theme is taken from Chaos Longbow already, but fine I'll let it pass.
    Then, when you look at the animations and crits ? It's even more reskinned.

There is nothing original about Pharus.

The epitome of reskin and lack of originality? Hardly. Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity are not creative, at all. The Predator is just a cool looking rifle with flames. In both cases the Perfected weapon for them looks better. Even the Precursor for Predator looks better. In terms of creative design hands down I can list several skins that are better (Zafriah's Rifle and Dark Harvest as two examples). Bolt, Shinning Blade, and Nevermore aren't exactly creative either.

Considering some of the older Legendaries, I find it hard to take people's complaints that it isn't creative and lacks originality seriously seeing as how popular the From Dusk till Dawn greatswords are.

• Dace.8173Dace.8173 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Dace.8173 said:

@Krispera.5087 said:
    Critical hits are Ray of Judgment (Focus 4 Guardian)
    Stow/Unstow/Combat is Holy Strike 2.0 (Staff 2 Guardian)

I made the longbow, but I would call it the epitome of reskin and lack of orginality. The theme is taken from Chaos Longbow already, but fine I'll let it pass.
    Then, when you look at the animations and crits ? It's even more reskinned.

There is nothing original about Pharus.

The epitome of reskin and lack of originality? Hardly. Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity are not creative, at all. The Predator is just a cool looking rifle with flames. In both cases the Perfected weapon for them looks better. Even the Precursor for Predator looks better. In terms of creative design hands down I can list several skins that are better (Zafriah's Rifle and Dark Harvest as two examples). Bolt, Shinning Blade, and Nevermore aren't exactly creative either.

Considering some of the older Legendaries, I find it hard to take people's complaints that it isn't creative and lacks originality seriously seeing as how popular the From Dusk till Dawn greatswords are.

You seem to be confusing creative with 'design I like'.

Nope, not at all. I see nothing wrong with the Predator. It is an awesome looking rifle. It is far from creative or original though as we have similar looking rifles in the game and pretty much looks like your standard sniper rifle that you would see any modern FPS (such as Call of Duty). The Perfected rifle skin that you get on your way to the Predator is the most creative skin out of that set of skins. The creative Legendary rifle is actually the HMS Divinity but I see few people walking around with that one.

It's one thing to claim that you don't like Pharus. I have no beef with that. When folks want to complain it's not creative or original enough to be a Legendary though? It falls in line with many of the other Legendaries we have and is certainly more creative than some of the more popular ones, like the aforementioned Tarantino set. If people want to claim that Pharus isn't creative enough to be a Legendary then it must also be conceded that many of the more popular ones are not creative either. If Pharus lacks originality enough to be considered a Legendary then Predator is 100% out as it is not an original rifle skill. Not in the least. I would also toss Bolt into the character of unoriginal and likely not all that creative. The greatsword set is not creative in the least. It's a rectangle with a pointy end and some colors. Hands down the game has far more creative skins for greatsword than that. If Pharus is not creative enough to be a Legendary weapon then neither are the greatswords. We have better contenders for creative greatswords than what we currently have.

However, my discussion on whether or not something is or is not creative is removed from whether or not they are likeable. These are two separate things. It is far simplier to say you don't like the skin. The moment you want to claim it's not creative or original enough to be a Legendary is the moment you have to start tossing out other Legendaries as being legendary enough and I see few people who want to claim that the greatsword trinity or Predator should not be considered legendary, despite the fact that one set is just a color palette swap and another is your standard FPS sniper rifle.

• Trying to craft Pharus, I need 23,605 elder wood logs.
    Offering bad advice for gold.

• @Brendan.1309 said:
    Trying to craft Pharus, I need 23,605 elder wood logs.

I am still working on "Funerary Incense" and "Elegy Mosaics" ... PVE is hard when you don't have ppl to kill Legendary Bounty :(

• @Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@Brendan.1309 said:

I am still working on "Funerary Incense" and "Elegy Mosaics" ... PVE is hard when you don't have ppl to kill Legendary Bounty :(

Please tell me you aren't doing that for the legendary weapons. Gift of Hot is so much easier than gift of PoF.

@Brendan.1309 said:

Have a lot of alts. Park them in orr and harvest a few times a day.

• @DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@Brendan.1309 said:

Please tell me you aren't doing that for the legendary weapons. Gift of Hot is so much easier than gift of PoF.

You right DuckDuckBOOM, unfortunately, it is too late now and I used already use the gift from Map Completion on HoT. Starting again with another character ... it is a little too much for me.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Brendan.1309 said:

Say when and where. And i am on it.
    Just EU and not NA.

• @InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Brendan.1309 said:

Just EU and not NA.

I am on EU servers, but my playtime is 4am-7am London time in the middle of the week and 4pm-8pm in weekends. Because, I am living in Vancouver, Canada.
    That's why usual I get Elegy Mosaics in weekends only. In the middle of the week, no one is doing Legendary Bounty between 4-7am London time :)
    Thanks for your support. I'll add you in the game, and if I'll see you online, I'll call you ;).

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Brendan.1309 said:

Just EU and not NA.

I am on EU servers, but my playtime is 4am-7am London time in the middle of the week and 4pm-8pm in weekends. Because, I am living in Vancouver, Canada.
    That's why usual I get Elegy Mosaics in weekends only. In the middle of the week, no one is doing Legendary Bounty between 4-7am London time :)
    Thanks for your support. I'll add you in the game, and if I'll see you online, I'll call you ;).

Alr8. I playing european standard +1.
    Living in Switzerland so normally play 8pm till 10/11pm.
    Not always daily though.

• EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

Its not ugly but its nothing spectacular or even interesting.

It get a 'Meh' from me.

If colors can be changed on armor, why can't we AT LEAST change colors or glow colors on Legendaries.

mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

2>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.