condition legend choices for Renegades thoughts

LucianDK.8615

Ive come to wonder how jalis hammers stacks up vs embrace the darkness with diabolic inferno. Are they equal or is one wildly ahead of the other, but only taken due to lack of other choices? I know hammer spam is awesome for rapid stacking of torment. But i see most renegades automatically going for Mallyx+Kalla, or Mallyx + Jalis. So what about the third choice? Jalis+Kalla?

Strictly talking PvE here:I started out with Jalis + Kalla. The hammers are powerful but I felt I was constantly running out of energy. At times I could only spam my #1 skill. Switching to Mallyx + Kalla was a better game play option for me personally. I can manage my energy better and Mallyx also gives a lot more conditions (Torment + chill from UA and confusion from BE).

I don't know about Jalis vs Kalla yet. Other day I was in a group and dropped Razorclaw on a group and was seeing peaks up to 3k bleeds per cast (without using Shortbow). Solo I could never hit those numbers but with 5 people popping off those bleeds it was pretty good. Mallyx is a no brainer because it's relatively defensive and offensive all at once.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Ive come to wonder how jalis hammers stacks up vs embrace the darkness with diabolic inferno. Are they equal or is one wildly ahead of the other, but only taken due to lack of other choices? I know hammer spam is awesome for rapid stacking of torment. But i see most renegades automatically going for Mallyx+Kalla, or Mallyx + Jalis. So what about the third choice? Jalis+Kalla?

For condi renegade malyx is a must. Embrace the darkness applies 10 stacks of 12 sec torment and 4 stacks of 8 sec burn via diabolic inferno plus a 10% boost to all stats (that includes condi damage and expertise)

Mallyx is pretty good. Embrace the Darkness is a pretty good skill, and that +10% to every stat isn't something you can ignore. The 12 second pulsing torment is good too. But, IMO, the real strengths of Mallyx come in it's versatility. Every one of the skills is useful.

Unyielding Anguish can do a whole lot of damage in an area. Long term it isn't as efficient as Embrace the Darkness, but if end up in a situation where you can't melee, you can let the energy build up, then unleash double or triple Unyielding Anguish before swapping. In PVE this happens only on occasion, but in WvW saving up for triple anguish can murder a lot of people. I've won 1v3 engagements just because I herded them together and bounced on their head.

Banish Enchantment does O.K. damage in WvW, but the important thing is that it is a boon strip on command. The corruption line natively steals a boon on occasion, but Banish is controlled and surprisingly spammable. Pain Absorption is a great group condi cleanse, but the ability to stack nearly permanent resistance can render a lot of enemies helpless in WvW. Also it is frequently the only cleanse that condition renegade has.

Each of these is a niche skill, but with all of them thrown on to the same line, Mallyx is a versatile toolbox.

Archived