9 new mistlock instabilities omegalul

@Exalted Quality.8534 said:Please delete social awkwardness and flux bomb before you add new ones.

We can keep flux bomb if they get rid of hamstrung.

Actually, if I'm honest, I think instead what ANET should do is restrict certain instabilities from spawning on certain maps, and/or with other instabilities.

For example, Flux Bomb, Social Awkwardness and Last Laugh are a nasty combo, but it would be far nastier on Cliffside or Swampland than it would on Solid Ocean or Aetherblade.

Normally I don't mind Last Laugh, but the other night on Swampland.....Oh Em Gee. I don't know if that's the first time I've seen Last Laugh on Swampland or just the first time I noticed it, but the trash was deadlier than the boss in the final fight.

I think they should make certain instabilities affect the adds. So for instance if you have flux bomb, make it hurt the enemies as well as you. Make last laugh do a knockback on enemies (yes it make pulls more interesting). if you let instabilities also effect the enemies in some way it gets more interesting...and chaotic

There's already been a leak as to what all the new ones are on Reddit, most of them look like they now offer some sort of positive trade-off in addition to the negative effects for example "Frailty: Players are smaller and have 30% less health, but move 25% faster." It is a leak so take it with a grain of salt, but they seem legit.

In my opinion quite a few of the new ones appear even more annoying then they used to be. :/

I won't link the leak pic since i'm not sure about the forum rules on that sort of thing but it's on the front page of the gw2 reddit so it's not hard to find.

Honestly I'd be happy to see all the instabilities go away. I think randomized content is a bad idea, it leads to unforeseen interactions and the instability system has been reworked so many times at this point that if it had never existed we would probably have a few more fractals in the game. I mean, just think about how after Anet put in the random daily fractals they realized they need to blacklist some of the combinations. It's clear Anet doesn't have a large enough testing team to handle all those combinations.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Actually, if I'm honest, I think instead what ANET should do is restrict certain instabilities from spawning on certain maps, and/or with other instabilities.

Fun fact, this is actually what Anet promised us in the pre-hot era with the launch of hot. The change from t4 fractal system to f100 was suppose to be along with a revamped instability system where instabilities were specialized to the fractal. As was common in that era, Anet over promised (sometimes called a lie), and under delivered.

Flux bomb can be bad when paired with other instabs and mechanics

The other day on 100cm, I had the green circle, flux bomb, and a solar bloom. I was taking Social awkwardness damage from us trying to push the blooms in while in the green circle. We got through it fine, but I could see how this would obliterate less experienced players.

This same combination of circumstances happened to me twice in me fight.

@"Nomad.4301" said:There's already been a leak as to what all the new ones are on Reddit, most of them look like they now offer some sort of positive trade-off in addition to the negative effects for example "Frailty: Players are smaller and have 30% less health, but move 25% faster." It is a leak so take it with a grain of salt, but they seem legit.

In my opinion quite a few of the new ones appear even more annoying then they used to be. :/

I won't link the leak pic since i'm not sure about the forum rules on that sort of thing but it's on the front page of the gw2 reddit so it's not hard to find.

https://i.imgur.com/cOa0OmZ.png

Penalty for boons(ouch!) and the one further nerf on condi :lol:. Combat will go alot slower...

@Eramonster.2718 said:

@"Nomad.4301" said:There's already been a leak as to what all the new ones are on Reddit, most of them look like they now offer some sort of positive trade-off in addition to the negative effects for example "
Frailty
: Players are smaller and have 30% less health, but move 25% faster." It is a leak so take it with a grain of salt, but they seem legit.

In my opinion quite a few of the new ones appear even
more
annoying then they used to be. :/

Penalty for boons(ouch!) and the one further nerf on condi :lol:. Combat will go alot slower...

looks like a fake to me

@phs.6089 said:

@"Nomad.4301" said:There's already been a leak as to what all the new ones are on Reddit, most of them look like they now offer some sort of positive trade-off in addition to the negative effects for example "
Frailty
: Players are smaller and have 30% less health, but move 25% faster." It is a leak so take it with a grain of salt, but they seem legit.

more

looks like a fake to me

Not really. Some of those had been in file for quite a long time.Some are existing but modified and others are new.

It's quite likely that these are real.

@Emtiarbi.3281 said:I'm ok with Flux Bomb.Social Awkwardness needs to be changed/removed tho :p

Are you really though? Think closely. If you have to carry it out and miss both chrono wells because of this the next one will probably drop approx. 60 seconds later, because theres gonna be a mechanic in between preventing you from stacking ;)

@Safandula.8723 said:I like them, Seems fun to play. Last laugh Seems funny. They are not only annoying to deal with, but if dealt properly, they can award u nicely

Have you read them? I especially like the new idea for SA. You can now roleplay as grawl in grawl fractal and push teammates down the cliff. Or roleplay as harpy and... cliffside... solid ocean... =)

Also, I already checked, and not many skills with low cooldown stun long enough for this to be a thing... its just gonna be like current last laugh and nobody will bother with stunning first, because waste of dps.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Frailty

more

looks like a fake to me

Not really. Some of those had been in file for quite a long time.Some are existing but modified and others are new.

It's quite likely that these are real.

I know some exist, Still my statement stands its a fake image,Flux bomb affecting enemies? Dodge bird strike to troll? etc etc.

I especially laughed at 'enemies explode if not stunned' Right in a game mode when breakbars pop every now ant them make us waste CC skills on trash mobs.

Now imagine Amala with Vengence in Grenth form when someo AOEs all those jagger horros. Boonfest

@"phs.6089" said:I know some exist, Still my statement stands its a fake image,Flux bomb affecting enemies? Dodge bird strike to troll? etc etc.

I especially laughed at 'enemies explode if not stunned' Right in a game mode when breakbars pop every now ant them make us waste CC skills on trash mobs.

Now imagine Amala with Vengence in Grenth form when someo AOEs all those jagger horros. Boonfest

That's why it'll be tested by us - the players. Like always in the history of GW2. And when we'll experience a horrible combination of instabilities or an unlovely interaction between a fractal and an instability it'll need a forum or reddit post to have it changed alongside with a statement like this: "Oh yeah, that is maybe a little bit overtuned. (We already thought about that.)"In reality they are thrown out like free candy and will only be adjusted slowly afterwards.(Just my bet due to longterm experience.)

Archived