Unravel suggestion (and weaver fluidity overall)

ROMANG.1903

That ability feels like it has a lot of potential but it feels so clunky to use... If you use it and then swap attunement instantly, then swap attunement approximatively 4 seconds later, you never know without looking at your buff bar if the boon is still there. Will you fully attune? Dual attune? Who knows... That clunkyness is what makes me not pick it.

If the skill is to be kept as it is, I still think it needs to be changed:

• Instead of being a stance, just make it a single use, "fully attune" button, with more charges.
  • Keep it as a stance but make it disappear at our next attunement swapp (so we don't get that clunky "may-or-may-not still be there" feeling I explained earlyer).

That said, the most drastic (and in my opinion, better) change I might suggest is to straight up remove it, and compensate by integrating baseline shorter cooldowns in full attuning situations:

• Shortening the cooldown of your current primary attunement so you can dual attune to it earlyer (If you attune to Air with Fire as a secondary attunement, the Air attunement cooldown is shorter (2seconds?) than that of the others attunements).
  • Shortening the global attunement cooldown after you've dual attuned so you don't get locked for 4 seconds (If you fully attune to Air, you get a reduced cooldown (2seconds?) on all of your attunements).

Basically, reduce the cooldown on the button that will make you fully attune, and reduce the cooldown on all attunements when you're already fully attuned.

I think I once saw a suggestion here that really feels best to me: Changing attunments should have max 2 charges, one recharge every 4s. Now gameplay would get more complex and more reactive and open up possibilities.

Unravel could still give its boons and increase max charge count by x for the duration of the stance and fully reset all charges at start. After the stance ends the max charges go back to 2.

@Zunki.3916 said:I think I once saw a suggestion here that really feels best to me: Changing attunments should have max 2 charges, one recharge every 4s. Now gameplay would get more complex and more reactive and open up possibilities.

Unravel could still give its boons and increase max charge count by x for the duration of the stance and fully reset all charges at start. After the stance ends the max charges go back to 2.

I like the idea as well.

Overall I think it's clear that the weaver gameplay isn't fluid enough regarding double attuning, we can all post our suggestion and trust ANet to do the right thing to fix it...

@Zunki.3916 said:I think I once saw a suggestion here that really feels best to me: Changing attunments should have max 2 charges, one recharge every 4s. Now gameplay would get more complex and more reactive and open up possibilities.

I like that idea. Would give much more fluidity to weaver. But I think unravel would become obsolete, as we have wave self as well. Your proposed unravel would be better added to weave self in favor of the reduced recharge. As unravel would be woven into the elite, there would be no need to keep it. But that would not necessary be a bad thing as it would open up space for an interesting new skill.

@Mithos.9023 said:

I like that idea. Would give much more fluidity to weaver. But I think unravel would become obsolete, as we have wave self as well. Your proposed unravel would be better added to weave self in favor of the reduced recharge. As unravel would be woven into the elite, there would be no need to keep it. But that would not necessary be a bad thing as it would open up space for an interesting new skill.

I'm no pvp guy but I'm quite sure you could do some cool stuff with like 8 swaps within 5sec .

Archived