Can there be more emphasis on World vs World?

Towelie.9504

Way back when WvW and your server actually made some sort of impact outside of WvW as well (bonuses on things like gathering, crafting, magic find etc). This kind of gave people at least some motivation to enter the game mode. Could these bonuses come back and additionally provide some other incentives for people to participate?

As it stands right now, WvW is an almost empty game mode now and while we are given the promise of alliances it seems like this is fairly far away and could only be a temporarily jump in population.

If a new player is logging in and about to create their very first character it seems odd to me for them to choose a server name that they may never have any impact on at all.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:It would work just like it did before they removed the bonus, which was long after MegaServers were implemented.But, I don't think the Devs have any intention of bringing Power of the Mists back.

Ah, had to look it up, since that was before I started GW2: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_of_the_Mists

I mean, I personally see nothing wrong with it so long as it doesn't also affect instanced content such as raids, dungeons/fractals. But I also don't see how those marginal buffs would promote and encourage people to enter WvW to increase their likelihood of getting those increases. I mean 2% bonus experience? 1-2% bonus coins? If you don't already WvW I see no reason why you would start just for those increases.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It would work just like it did before they removed the bonus, which was long after MegaServers were implemented.But, I don't think the Devs have any intention of bringing Power of the Mists back.

And unless the buffs were significantly ‘buffed’ from their previous state, I don’t see it being influential.

@Towelie.9504 said:Way back when WvW and your server actually made some sort of impact outside of WvW as well (bonuses on things like gathering, crafting, magic find etc). This kind of gave people at least some motivation to enter the game mode. Could these bonuses come back and additionally provide some other incentives for people to participate?

As it stands right now, WvW is an almost empty game mode now and while we are given the promise of alliances it seems like this is fairly far away and could only be a temporarily jump in population.

If a new player is logging in and about to create their very first character it seems odd to me for them to choose a server name that they may never have any impact on at all.

No. But if you're lucky you can get your thread moved to the dead part WvW part of the forum

They really need to allocate more assets to this very old game mode. It is impressive that it has lasted so long without major updates. And anet, you really need to stop tuning us to pve raid vocalists. In your last patch you killed the relevance of two major classes to the diversity of wvw group play, and engi only got to be on the scene for about 1-2 months, yikes. Mesmer's support was primarily based off of one skill and i recognize it was op in ways, but you do things that remove it completely. I SWEAR its gonna just be scourges and firebrands one day zzzzzzz.

@Towelie.9504 said:Way back when WvW and your server actually made some sort of impact outside of WvW as well (bonuses on things like gathering, crafting, magic find etc). This kind of gave people at least some motivation to enter the game mode. Could these bonuses come back and additionally provide some other incentives for people to participate?

Can you imagine ppl playing WvW just for the fun it brings? Why do ppl today just need rewards for everything they do?

@ThunderPanda.1872 said:WvW had always been an unwanted kitten child that is being kept alive with minimum maintenance to avoid a bad PR.

It has such high potential as a RvR mode that even could've been successful as a standalone game.

All they need to do is licence it to a company that gives a damn, Arenanet is way to carebear to take care of a PvP focused game, this forums are an example of it. I'd would rather play it as a stand alone game since PVE class balance making its way into WvW its just fucking stupid. Most WvW players see GW2 as a WvW only game anyway we really dont care about story and all that dumb shit we just wanna PvP want changes focused on whatver is going on in our game mode not what PvE retards are whinning about all the time

It’s too bad. WvW would have been an easy game mode to support.

They would just mainly focus on PvP balance since PvE is just a DPS check. All new skills should should be graphed on a balance triangle where damage, defense, and utility make up the corners. A skill could fully represent one of these aspects or partially support two aspects, but never all three. Instead, we have I win buttons which are spammed like Unrelenting Assault. It’s a gap closer, does damage, evades, and grants might.

New maps would have been simple to create. You wouldn’t need new NPCs, AI creatures, and events. Just apply new textures, new ambient objects, and slightly alter the terrain. The terrain used by yaks and large objectives could have been left as is to save time. These maps would have gotten hundreds of hours of use unlike PvE maps which are forgotten rather quickly.

Hopefully this would have kept a strong player base. Then, as others have said, they could have created gem store items for WvW.

Can we Also have Healthy Competitive Weekly Match-Ups & A Solid World Server Identity?

We NEED a Fair Theater of War & Something Precious to Fight For...imho

1) Let Players pick their own Weekly Match-ups & Permanent Home World Server to Protect...(Server change by gem based transfer every 1-3 months).

2) Use a WvW version of

that lets players pick up to 3 Enemy Server's BL to fight on for the week.

3) Only Reward players when they attack an enemy server that is ranked higher than their own server's rank, or for Defending their Home Server BL.

4) Always Punish players when they attack an enemy server that is ranked lower than their server's rank by reducing their Home Server rank score.

5) Always Show players in a RANDOM order in their WvW Score UI...the Top 3 servers attacking their Home Server BL.

The game mechanics are already in the game...it just needs to be re-purposed for WvW to encourage Healthy Competitive Weekly Match-Ups & a Solid World Server Identity.

Imagine

WvW hosting an annual tournament where a World Server's Rank needs to be earned by fighting off all other Servers wanting to be Ranked #1.andWhere a Server's Ranking can have a deeper meaning to the Individual Players, Guilds, and International Alliances...that sacrificed to obtain it.

Yes...please put more emphasis on World vs World

Yours truly,Diku

p.s.See some of my past posts...please vote Helpful or Thumbs up if you agree.

There could have been reskinned maps with some random terrain thrown in the middle where it doesn't matter as much.

Desert BL in its initial iteration is an example of what happens when PvE stuff is used as a basis for WvW, it was very laggy with the laser event and it was hard to transverse from keep to keep for most players.

Archived