Phenomenal Noxxi's video. Everybody should watch that!

Michram.6853

Sorry, but I don't find this funny at all. Making fun of "don't drink and drive" ads, with so many losing their lives due to drunk drivers, this was a bit of a shot in the foot. There are definitely funny ways to make a video about getting drunk and mounting up, but this isn't one of them. It's just distasteful.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Sorry, but I don't find this funny at all. Making fun of "don't drink and drive" ads, with so many losing their lives due to drunk drivers, this was a bit of a shot in the foot. There are definitely funny ways to make a video about getting drunk and mounting up, but this isn't one of them. It's just distasteful.

Funny? I didn't find it funny at all too. It was just sad. Of course there will be the post like: "I want to run away from RL things" which is understandable.

Noxxi created this video with her experiences of her life and she didn't have any relation to picture her painful experiences, so she used GW2 to describe her feelings, her loss, her pain.

It's actually very sad.

@"Arden.7480" said:Funny? I didn't find it funny at all too. It was just sad. Of course there will be the post like: "I want to run away from RL things" which is understandable.

My comment had nothing to do with "running away from RL things", on the contrary. To me, the video came across as mockery of the "drinking & driving" issue.

Noxxi created this video with her experiences of her life and she didn't have any relation to picture her painful experiences, so she used GW2 to describe her feelings, her loss, her pain.

It's actually very sad.

I did not know there was that component to it. Still, for someone like me, who doesn't know when watching this for the first time, it comes across as described above.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Sorry, but I don't find this funny at all. Making fun of "don't drink and drive" ads, with so many losing their lives due to drunk drivers, this was a bit of a shot in the foot. There are definitely funny ways to make a video about getting drunk and mounting up, but this isn't one of them. It's just distasteful.To me this is more in line with satire, but with a GW2 twist on it. A nice holiday remainder before the weekend. Though done in such a was to be lighthearted such as not to completely sour the mood of the holiday since its done through the lens of gw2

@phs.6089 said:

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:We also 'mount' chairs, and nobody is going to die by falling off a stool.that is debatable.

Dunno I like Noxxi's videos, they are so random.Don't think they meant to annoy anyone with this one.

What's there to debate? Player characters only die once, in the story. Downed and defeated is not dead. It's mostly dead. And mostly dead is slightly alive.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:We also 'mount' chairs, and nobody is going to die by falling off a stool.that is debatable.

Dunno I like Noxxi's videos, they are so random.Don't think they meant to annoy anyone with this one.

What's there to debate? Player characters only die once, in the story. Downed and defeated is not dead. It's mostly dead. And mostly dead is slightly alive.

lmao. Don't give Anet ideas. They might just go ahead and kill the commander... again

• 2 weeks later...

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Sorry, but I don't find this funny at all. Making fun of "don't drink and drive" ads, with so many losing their lives due to drunk drivers, this was a bit of a shot in the foot. There are definitely funny ways to make a video about getting drunk and mounting up, but this isn't one of them. It's just distasteful.

I made the video because I wanted to make a bit less dramatic and visual shoutout using the game to remind people not to drink and drive IRL. I did go with the "don't drink and mount", I picked mount because it's the action of mounting up a mount (more in a fantasy and in-game setting), the detail is that there is no multi-person mounts where you can be a passanger, if you mount up, you will probably ride or drive it. It's really just nitpicking there though, the message is the same. I lost many good family members to both reckless and drunk drivers and since Christmas and New Year's eve is typically a "let's drink and party" occasions this is more important to look out for.

The video isn't supposed to be funny, it is supposed to give you a remembrance to drunk drivers IRL. The message is the same in the end. Don't drink and drive and don't let drunk people drive. If you think it makes fun of "don"t drink and drive" ads, well that's up to you and any individual what they think. My thoughts were not yours and won't change what my message is with it.

Archived