tactivators pullinig preference [suggestion] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

tactivators pullinig preference [suggestion]

SweetPotato.7456SweetPotato.7456 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 21, 2018 in WvW

a preference set on when a tactivators can be pull,
for instant,
supply drop - all the time able
emergency way point - when keep under attack
chill and airship - when inner is breached.
Banners - Pull by itself - and it will be pull again when the last one was pick up
etc etc.

preference category is
enabled all time
for keep
when objective under attack phase 1 (outer)
when objective under attack phase 2 (inner)

for towers
when objective under attack.

something along this line.

Comments

• LaGranse.8652LaGranse.8652 Member ✭✭✭

@SweetPotato.7456 said:
    for instant,
    Banners - Pull by itself - and it will be pull again when the last one was pick up
    etc etc.

preference category is
    enabled all time
    for keep

for towers

I think it would be better to have some restrictions built into the tactics themselves, else it might become too fiddly. People want to click that claim button and throw tactics in and then not worry too much about what settings to use etc. One's settings might not agree with the commander that had to come defend the structure 3 hours later.

I agree with the EWP only being able to be pulled if said structure is under attack. I would like for the invulnerable fortifications tactic to also have this treatment, probably chilling fog as well.

Of course there is always the problem that if an enemy does not hit a wall/gate or guard for 3 mins it will not count as attacked.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LaGranse.8652 said:

@SweetPotato.7456 said:
    for instant,
    etc etc.

preference category is
    enabled all time
    for keep

for towers

I agree with the EWP only being able to be pulled if said structure is under attack. I would like for the invulnerable fortifications tactic to also have this treatment, probably chilling fog as well.

>

The bigger problem is none of these would prevent troll pulling.

Keeps are constantly tapped. There is always a chance to troll the tactics if that is the intent.

The only time this would be helpful, would be the newbie who sees tactics and pulls them not knowing what they were doing.
    And I am sure those aren’t the people we are concerned about,

• There should be a [used tactivators history] shown on tactivators page of objectives windows in wvw.
    I asked this to one of friendly ANet member who joined in wvw with us one day. The dev said it won't be difficult for them to implement a simple history list of tactivators used for certain objective.
    This way people can't counter the troll pulls, but at least identify and track who is pulling it at when for what purpose. Time should be recorded in server time.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SCVwar.3784 said:
    There should be a [used tactivators history] shown on tactivators page of objectives windows in wvw.
    I asked this to one of friendly ANet member who joined in wvw with us one day. The dev said it won't be difficult for them to implement a simple history list of tactivators used for certain objective.
    This way people can't counter the troll pulls, but at least identify and track who is pulling it at when for what purpose. Time should be recorded in server time.

How would that really help? Allow you to ‘shame them’ in chat?

While that might feel therapeutic, it’s against what Anet supports.

And if they are truly a troll, they won’t care. And quite honestly, revel in the attention they get.

If you want it reportable, it already is, with Anet being able to check game logs currently.

• I've been thinking, just make the troll-able tactics create a trap that activates when objective is under attack. Like chilling fog creates a trap with the area within the walls as the triggering foot print. It's not perfect of course since the enemy would step in a little, activate the trap, and proceed to wait out the duration of the effects outside the walls but at least it slows things down like they're supposed to without being a complete waste due to troll.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.