BOONS & CONDITIONS for each class

messiah.1908

so its clear that anet wants to make class more unique and team composition more versatile.

what do you guys think about this direction

boons - each class hold several major boons abilities and minor onesmajor boons abilities - share with 10 allies, longer duration like 5 sec base, higher stacks application.minor boons abilities - share up to 5 allies , shorter duration like 2 sec base, lower stacks

same goes for conditions - each class have major dmg conditions specialty and minor for cover ones.

Guardmajor - stability, aegis and retaliationminor - regen, protection swiftness and might

main burn dmg with minor cover conditions

Warriormajor - stability, might, furyminor - swiftnessmain bleeding and confusion condition and minor cover conditions

Revenantthose boons based on legends so not all available at the same time

major - regen, protection, might, fury and swiftnessminor - stability, resistance, alacrity and vigor

main torment and burning condition with minor cover conditions

thiefmajor - noneminor - might, fury and vigor

main poison and bleeding condition with minor cover conditions

Rangermajor - noneminor - vigor, fury, swiftness and regen

main poison and burning condition with minor cover conditions

Engimajor - retaliationminor - quickness, swiftness and fury

main poison and confusion condition with minor cover conditions

Elemajor - regen, protection, might and swiftnessminor - vigor, fury and stability

main bleed and burn condition with minor cover conditions

Necromajor - noneminor - might and swiftness

main torment and bleed condition with minor cover conditions

Mesmermajor - quickness, vigor and alacrityminor - retaliation, stability, might and swiftness

main torment and confusion condition with minor cover conditions

@messiah.1908 said:so its clear that anet wants to make class more unique and team composition more versatile.

boons - each class hold several major boons abilities and minor onesmajor boons abilities - share with 10 allies, longer duration like 5 sec base, higher stacks application.minor boons abilities - share up to 5 allies , shorter duration like 2 sec base, lower stacks

same goes for conditions - each class have major dmg conditions specialty and minor for cover ones.

Guardmajor - stability, aegis and retaliationminor - regen, protection swiftness and might

Warriormajor - stability, might, furyminor - swiftnessmain bleeding and confusion condition and minor cover conditions

major - regen, protection, might, fury and swiftnessminor - stability, resistance, alacrity and vigor

Elemajor - regen, protection, might and swiftnessminor - vigor, fury and stability

Mesmermajor - quickness, vigor and alacrityminor - retaliation, stability, might and swiftness

Ehh ranger is major might as druid and fury

Mesmer can apply aegis in a variety of ways, but only to 5 allies. Healing = Lesser Chaos Storm when using Chaos spec. Staff 5 = Chaos Storm. Inspiration on signet usage casts distortion on self which when that occurs provides aegis to allies. Activating F4 for Distortion does the same thing. Chrono can apply with Well of Precognition as well. All of these are <30 second application sources I would consider it a minor one.

Thief gets no stealth? You could look a bit harder at what the professions already offer. My instincts suggest each profession will have two or three buffs to share while those professions currently able to share more than that will have that capability removed or restricted to only themselves.

Edit:Sharable buffs in any profession may even be mutually exclusive; e.g., you can share might or vigor but not both on the same build.

first i want to clarify few things

ppl mention some class which can proc boons. i am talking about sharing boons which per se consider as a support even with dmg classes (take the power rev build)

for example thief can proc self might and get 25 might easily (but with short duration and when several scenarios have met) while sharing might fury and swiftness with ally is other story.

sure druid can have self might etc but sharing it is a different story.

this is why i am talking about sharing boons. each group need to think which boons they need and to build combination of classes and build which proc them.the result if implement right can yield a good variety of builds and class and composition of groups

@Tajiseed.7831 said:While I think your argument is logic and well structured, for me it takes away some of the natural asymmetry that makes the game organic and interesting.

so far there is almost none asymmetry. wvw need FB in each party while the last change which stability can proc to 10 ppl push further for more variety. so instead of 2 FB maybe now you can have in 10 ppl group only 1 with other support class.

I think the original suggestion identifies too many shared boons per class. I think if you make too many available to share, the value of having classes share boons is actually diminished. I think it should be more like (just do Guardian for one example):

Major: Aegis, RetaliationMinor: Protection

@Obtena.7952 said:I think the original suggestion identifies too many shared boons per class. I think if you make too many available to share, the value of having classes share boons is actually diminished. I think it should be more like (just do Guardian for one example):

Major: Aegis, RetaliationMinor: Protection

i though of it at the start but than decide to give 3 class (each armor class- almost) same unique boon . with exception of unique boons theme like alacrity and aegis

@messiah.1908 said:so its clear that anet wants to make class more unique and team composition more versatile.

I love how necro got no boons ??

@Solori.6025 said:

Guard
major - stability, aegis and retaliationminor - regen, protection swiftness and might

Warrior
major - stability, might, furyminor - swiftnessmain bleeding and confusion condition and minor cover conditions

Revenant
those boons based on legends so not all available at the same time

thief
major - noneminor - might, fury and vigor

Ranger
major - noneminor - vigor, fury, swiftness and regen

Engi
major - retaliationminor - quickness, swiftness and fury

Ele
major - regen, protection, might and swiftnessminor - vigor, fury and stability

Necro
major - noneminor - might and swiftness

Mesmer
major - quickness, vigor and alacrityminor - retaliation, stability, might and swiftness

I love how necro got no boons ??

also ranger and theif got no major boons to share. self boons will remain as they were.

Necro would have protection as a minor actually and it likely will become a major along with might if anet does this rework correctly so yeah...And it would be bleed / torment with major cover conditions instead of minor cover like you have generalized for everything else.

In your list i think mesmer still has too much they should lose alot of pretty much every boon they can currently produce, and literally only be focused mostly on quickness and alacrity as their strongest sharable boons. THOSE 2 boons alone are strong enough to be worth more than every other boon in the game combined. Those kinds of boons are game changing boons that will for ever keep them in the meta for end game content.

Ele also has slightly too much in your list i dont think they will be sharing might and fury maybe regen and protection.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:If ANet is planning on culling down group boon access for classes, it makes me wonder if a spec like Herald will become more sought after in various content since boons are an inherent part of Glint's design and can't really be taken away.

dont think so cause other class can cover some of their boons (like ele as sugested, guard with mesmer as for now ect...) the idea is to give group to build a unique combination depends on several meta's and not only 1.

Archived