What to do with Ascended Rings from Fractals — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What to do with Ascended Rings from Fractals

I got dozens of Ascended rings from Fractals. What are their best uses? The Ascended Salvage kit costs 1 g for almost nothing.

Comments

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2018

You get 2-20 Stabilizing Matrixes for salvaging them with the Salvage Kit and those cost roughly 30-40s each... So, unless you are terribly unlucky and always roll 2 matrixes, breaking them always pay itself and may generate profit.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

Attune and salvage with kits that you get as drops. Dont buy salvage kits. Dont salvage regular rings (always attune them).

• Wolfb.7025Wolfb.7025 Member ✭✭✭

You usually get as many salvage tools as ascended rings on fractals, so always attune them and then salvage.

About the profit, read this part:

Ascended rings can be salvaged for 2-42 Stabilizing Matrices.

• All rings drop one stack of 2-5 (rarely 10, VERY rarely 20) Stabilizing Matrices. (average 4.0 - 44 items)
    • If the ring is Attuned, it drops another stack of 1 (sometimes 2) Stabilizing Matrix. (average 1.1 - 44 items)
    • If the ring is Infused, it drops another stack of 1-5 (rarely 10, VERY rarely 20) Stabilizing Matrices. (average 3.1 - 24 items)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvage#Ascended_equipment

1. Each stabilizing matrix costs around 38s on list pricing on TP right now. So salvaging an at least attuned ascended ring nets you almost 2g on profit (taking an average of 5 matrices per salvage).
    2. Never infuse ascended rings to salvage them, its not worth the cost.

If you happen to have more ascended rings than salvage tools, keep them somewhere until you get lucky with a 20 use ascended salvage tool... or if you want to free up space, then i've read that people usually just sell these rings to NPC but i'm not sure if this is better than just buying asc kits tbh.
    A storage mule character is worth spending gems on.

Years just pass like trains
    I wave but they don't sloow dooown~ don't slow doown~♪

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.