pls give ventari a stun break

Stand The Wall.6987

@Temper.2190 said:Yeah, no kidding. You have to legend swap to break stun when pressured, which takes you out of Ventari, so you can't heal.

That's likely the point, to keep people Legend swapping as opposed to simply camping into a single Legend. Revenant doesn't have that many stun breaks, to begin with (5 total), and I imagine the goal was to give the offensive Legends a minor support aspect as opposed to stacking it all into one Legend.

@Dace.8173 said:

@Temper.2190 said:Yeah, no kidding. You have to legend swap to break stun when pressured, which takes you out of Ventari, so you can't heal.

That's likely the point, to keep people Legend swapping as opposed to simply camping into a single Legend. Revenant doesn't have that many stun breaks, to begin with (5 total), and I imagine the goal was to give the offensive Legends a minor support aspect as opposed to stacking it all into one Legend.

But every legend has a stun break except for the ventari. But then again i dont want heal rev to become a thing so i say nerf it into the ground.

@Milan.9035 said:

But every legend has a stun break except for the ventari. But then again i dont want heal rev to become a thing so i say nerf it into the ground.

Most of those other Legends are offensive in nature, with Jalis being more of a hybrid. So as I said, they likely wanted to give the offensive Legends a minor support aspect. Flipside, they likely didn't give it to Ventari so that people simply wouldn't camp Ventari. I bet they anticipated people who would play Ventari support wanting to just stay in Ventari and so didn't give Ventari all the tools.

@Dace.8173 said:

Most of those other Legends are offensive in nature, with Jalis being more of a hybrid. So as I said, they likely wanted to give the offensive Legends a minor support aspect. Flipside, they likely didn't give it to Ventari so that people simply wouldn't camp Ventari. I bet they anticipated people who would play Ventari support wanting to just stay in Ventari and so didn't give Ventari all the tools.

I don't really see why they would differentiate them like that. A stunbreak is not support for an offensive legend, it is a utility and survivability skill and should be accessible to any legend. Picking and choosing in that manner seems arbitrary to me.

Personally I think the reason it does not have a stunbreak is because the tablet is usable while CC'd. It makes sense in theory why they would not have implemented one, but in practice with the powercreep that this game has accrued, it is a necessary tool to have. It not having a stunbreak is just one of the many factors that makes it a trash sPvP support spec. Giving it a stunbreak (on Purifying Essence) would not push it anywhere close to meta, but it would be a helpful step forward.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

I don't really see why they would differentiate them like that. A stunbreak is not support for an offensive legend, it is a utility and survivability skill and should be accessible to any legend. Picking and choosing in that manner seems arbitrary to me.

Personally I think the reason it does not have a stunbreak is because the tablet is usable while CC'd. It makes sense in theory why they would not have implemented one, but in practice with the powercreep that this game has accrued, it is a necessary tool to have. It not having a stunbreak is just one of the many factors that makes it a trash sPvP support spec. Giving it a stunbreak (on Purifying Essence) would not push it anywhere close to meta, but it would be a helpful step forward.

I think they would differentiate them in that fashion in order to push Legend swapping. There is no denying that folks who play Ventari support tend to prefer to camp Ventari. There have been numerous threads that complain that you can't camp Ventari and that Ventari or Revenant should be changed in various ways in order to make it possible to simply remain in Ventari. By leaving out stunbreak they force even Ventari support to play Revenant as they designed it to be played, i.e. not camping a single Legend. I also suspect they didn't want to have to change the Energy cost of most of Ventari's abilities. If you'll notice, every ability with stunbreak cost 30 Energy with two exceptions, Gaze of Darkness which is an upkeep and Rite of the Great Dwarf which is an elite skill and as such cost 40 Energy. At max Ventari abilities go as high as 25 Energy. If Ventari had a stunbreak that skill would need to cost 30 Energy in order to keep it in balance with the other stunbreaks in Revenant's arsenal. However, if you raise the Energy costs of Ventari's abilities you do lower the effectiveness of its support aspects. Purifying Essence cost 25 Energy and if it had stunbreak it would cost 30 which would make it 10 points higher than the next lowest skill, Natural Harmony.

So I suspect that in order to keep people Legend swapping and to avoid having to increase the Energy cost for Ventari skills they left off stunbreak. Giving Ventari stunbreak wouldn't make it meta but it's higher Energy cost would be problematic and would make support Revenant even less viable than it currently is. So the question becomes, do support Ventari players want Ventari to have easy access to stunbreak or do they want Ventari to maintain its low Energy costs? The only way I see stunbreak not raising Energy costs is if they rebalanced the skill and took away some of its support aspects which I imagine is a non-starter for many Ventari players.

@Dace.8173 said:

^this.

But in gw2 balance... it isnt balanced if dont have everything...

They could stun break on herald shield 5... right???

Joking asside, staff 5 could get in adition a stunbreaker, i think would be kewl as well but ventari is ment to be a positional class, players need to read the combat and dont place themselves in bad places.

Please don't put it on Staff... it already does enough and it wouldn't specifically benefit Ventari.

If people wanted a Stunbreak on Ventari, it gotta be on Purifying Essence or Energy Expulsion. If I had to pick, I'd prefer Energy Expulsion do have some sort of trade-off (re-casting the Tablet). Regardless, both would probably require a longer cooldown (increasing Energy costs would make the Stunbreak too inaccessible on Ventari).

That being said, instead of denying Ventari Revenants a Stunbreak and trying to force them out of the Legend, it would be way more reasonable to sprinkle some Healing into other Legends (Jalis, Glint and Kalla) or at least provide some non-Legendary focussed healing through traits.

@Xaylin.1860 said:Please don't put it on Staff... it already does enough and it wouldn't specifically benefit Ventari.

If people wanted a Stunbreak on Ventari, it gotta be on Purifying Essence or Energy Expulsion. If I had to pick, I'd prefer Energy Expulsion do have some sort of trade-off (re-casting the Tablet). Regardless, both would probably require a longer cooldown (increasing Energy costs would make the Stunbreak too inaccessible on Ventari).

That being said, instead of denying Ventari Revenants a Stunbreak and trying to force them out of the Legend, it would be way more reasonable to sprinkle some Healing into other Legends (Jalis, Glint and Kalla) or at least provide some non-Legendary focussed healing through traits.

All the Legends already have healing. Some of them even engage in group healing. Which still doesn't change that they likely don't want Ventari players camping Ventari, which is something we know they would do if they weren't forced to Legend swap. It also doesn't change that adding stunbreak would have raised the Energy costs. One of the biggest complaints from Ventari support players is that they don't have enough Energy to do the things they want while in Ventari. Increasing those costs makes that issue worse for them. Ventari has some of the cheapest Energy costs and despite that Ventari players commonly complain that it's not enough. The simple solution is to Legend swap but that is something Ventari support players have made known they really don't want to do.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Taobella.6597 said:reason ventari does not have a stun breaker is because tablet can still be used well being stunned ^^.

reason shmeason. stun brek PLISS

Sure, but are you willing to pay more for some of Ventari's abilities as that's like what they would do in response?

ventari dont need stunbreak. this is why

ventari theme is to heal from range - if you want to heal from melee go FB or scrapper.most of ventari heals are design to benefit ally and thus are easy to land and use. ie. the passive heals in wvw are 2k healing per second on 1 ally while doing nothing but putting the tablet in the right place . this give the rev the ability to look around and see the enemies movement and concentrate on movement from range.

as stated above ventari utilities can be used while stun thus you can still heal others while stunned.

ventari utilities as stated above nrg cost are low. gving a stun break will increase the cost.

the trait are design to benefit from swapping legends and keeping your health above 75% which again positioning on the battle field and knowing when to use the fight heal skill.

ventari healer is more tactics than spamm (ie scrapper or FB). use it wisely and you get 10k hps.

@Dace.8173 said:All the Legends already have healing. Some of them even engage in group healing.

The only thing that matters when discussing Ventari obviously is group healing. And when looking at group healing there is hardly anything outside of Ventari. You got Staff, Shield, some Regeneration and the Kalla Heal. However, this means that traits like Invoking Harmonie and others are not really appealing 50% of the time. In general, Ventari and Salvation have a way harder time blending in with other traitlines and Legends than others. But it doesn't help that literally 1/3 of traits are useless outside of Ventari, while 1/3 are overall aweful and 1/3 are mostly meh. That's an issue ANet should work on.

@Dace.8173 said:

@Xaylin.1860 said:Please don't put it on Staff... it already does enough and it wouldn't specifically benefit Ventari.

All the Legends already have healing. Some of them even engage in group healing. Which still doesn't change that they likely don't want Ventari players camping Ventari, which is something we know they would do if they weren't forced to Legend swap. It also doesn't change that adding stunbreak would have raised the Energy costs. One of the biggest complaints from Ventari support players is that they don't have enough Energy to do the things they want while in Ventari. Increasing those costs makes that issue worse for them. Ventari has some of the cheapest Energy costs and despite that Ventari players commonly complain that it's not enough. The simple solution is to Legend swap but that is something Ventari support players have made known they really don't want to do.

@Taobella.6597 said:reason ventari does not have a stun breaker is because tablet can still be used well being stunned ^^.

Sure, but are you willing to pay more for some of Ventari's abilities as that's like what they would do in response?

i am sorry but i do not understand what you trying to say. ? currently tablet skills are just on edge of costing to much. if that what you trying to ask o.o?

@Xaylin.1860 said:

@Dace.8173 said:All the Legends already have healing. Some of them even engage in group healing.

The only thing that matters when discussing Ventari obviously is group healing. And when looking at group healing there is hardly anything outside of Ventari. You got Staff, Shield, some Regeneration and the Kalla Heal. However, this means that traits like Invoking Harmonie and others are not really appealing 50% of the time. In general, Ventari and Salvation have a way harder time blending in with other traitlines and Legends than others. But it doesn't help that literally 1/3 of traits are useless outside of Ventari, while 1/3 are overall aweful and 1/3 are mostly meh. That's an issue ANet should work on.

That's all well and good but that wasn't the initial argument you made. Salvation does need better synergy but you like aren't going to get it by making the other Legends more support like. Giving additional healing to the other Legends doesn't really support Ventari. What would likely work better is improve the interplay between Ventari and some of the other Legends. For instance, part of Mallyx is drawing in conditions from other players to help empower the Revenant. If there was better interplay between absorbing conditions with Mallyx and healing with Ventari it would work better.

@Taobella.6597 said:

i am sorry but i do not understand what you trying to say. ? currently tablet skills are just on edge of costing to much. if that what you trying to ask o.o?

I'm saying that Ventari has some of the lowest Energy costs for a Legend. Adding a stunbreak would likely increase those costs.

@Milan.9035 said:

Pretty sure Glint don't have a stun breaker either.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Uh yes it does.

@Justine.6351 said:

Uh yes it does.

Wait, Gaze of Darkness always been a stunbreaker? Because I swear I never saw a rev break out of stun while on glint except by swapping back to shiro.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Uh yes it does.

Wait, Gaze of Darkness always been a stunbreaker? Because I swear I never saw a rev break out of stun while on glint except by swapping back to shiro.

probably because he used it to reveal your perma stealthing condi trailblazer mirage.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Justine.6351 said:probably because he used it to reveal your perma stealthing condi trailblazer mirage.

I haven't touched Mesmer in a while now, let alone Mirage which is a specialization I hate. I usually stun lock them with hammer on warrior, which is why I found strange Glint actually having a stunbreak and I never see it used.

Probably because the instant he used it to stunbreak you just CCed him again. Yep not all of us have passive stability traits and stability skills that give blanket CC protection for the next 10 seconds.

what ventari needs is better salvation trait line which can support other legends with unusable trait line.

Minor Adept Disarming Riposte 20 Striking a foe while they are using a skill blinds them.

common minor trait which force me to be aggressive healer. but ventari is backline healer so i hardly see it use-able. this trait can work with other legends if it was real riposte.like when entering combat the first attack is blocked and blind your foe if it was a melee attack. this trait refresh every time you use elite skill.

Major Adept Nourishing Roots Grant regeneration to allies near Ventari's tablet.

good with ventari lack of regen abilities.

Major Adept Blinding Truths Blind nearby foes when you use a healing skill.

good with pvp mainly when fighting melee enemies. outside of pvp unusable. i would give it a twist like blind nearby foe and gain light aura to them. this way you reduce the condi dmg by 10% also work nice with jalis retaliation trait line abilities.

Major Adept Tranquil Balance While above the health threshold, healing to allies is increased.

nice but a twist to it would be while below 25% healing to self is increase by 20%. as ventari self heals are bit low.

Minor Master Hardened Foundation Gain toughness. Gain healing power based on a portion of your toughness.

ok one.

Major Master Tranquil Benediction The healing orbs that you create while wielding a staff will now grant swiftness and regeneration when picked up by allies.

i dont like the healing orbs but that's another story. i could come up with many buffs to the staff. but the easy one and reasonable is the last attack chain proc regen and swiftness to nearby ally.as a healer i want to control the regen and swiftness i proc and not making it random picked.

Major Master Eluding Nullification 10 Dodge rolling removes a condition from nearby allies.

could see a minor buff to it. when you remove a condition from self gain 5% endurance. nice buff to endurance recovery will need 10 self conditions remove to gain a dodge. so if you master your combo abilities or with elite ventari skill it can be nice defense trait.

Major Master Invoking Harmony Healing done to allies is increased for a short duration after invoking a legend.

only work with glint and ventari. as glint got regen proc. while other legend dont have healing to allies. this trait encourage legends swap which is great. so the way i see it is if i want to use jalis i would give it nearby allies gain 100 toughness for a short duration after invoking jalisif using mallyx nearby allies gain 10% condition dmg reduction for a short duration after invoking mallyxif using shiro nearby allies gain 100 power...if using glint nearby allies gain increase health 100...if using kalla nearby allies gain increase ferocity 100...if using ventari healing to allies increase by 20%

could create a nice pve build with salvation trait line

Minor Grandmaster Serene Rejuvenation Increase healing to allies. Natural Harmony also applies alacrity in an area.

ok one which only benefit ventari.

Major Grandmaster Selfless Amplification Increase outgoing healing based on a percentage of healing power.

must one as ventari healer

Major Grandmaster Natural Abundance Create energy fragments around Ventari's tablet when using a legendary centaur stance skill.

basically useless trait. used to be used in pvp in small scale fights where the fragment give 1.5k healing to you. the healing contribution is calculated between 20% to 50% as elite skill proc 5 so 1/5=20% and other skill heals between 3k to 4k so around 50. so this is the change i would make

Selfless Amplification - also increase healing to self. so another 20% in pvp and 30% in wvw/pve.

Natural Abundance - ventari tablet skills will now dmg nearby foe when being used.

Major Grandmaster Momentary Pacification 45 Using an elite skill attaches vines to nearby foes. After a short duration, vines will immobilize their host.

the immobilize idea is great and can be used with all elite skills. i would just reduce the cd to 25 sec and delete the short duration. as for now this trait is unusable. most of classes have some immunity to immobilize or reduce duration. so i dont see it a OP with 25 sec cd to create a combo attack using an elite with it.

hope you like it

Archived