Confusing Hammer

TheWolf.1602

Made a viper build when the spellbreaker demo hit in wvw a while back.I tried diff power combos but i had the feeling the damage was incredibly sub-par while being full zerk and having full might stacks besides the dagger 4 it felt pretty weak.I think the combination with dagger/shield - ham on viper albeit lacking in mobility ( You can still combo dagger 2 - dagger burst - hamm burst to get some mobility in a fight ) seems like a fun build.Finally able to get rid of those stabis to apply confu stacks and more ways to do so.The only downside is losing discipline ( Cus i dont see how were able to ditch defense yet ) and grabbing runes of traveler,or maybe they bring in new runes with speed bonus.Confu works really well on hamm though,also dont forget the confu doesnt Only apply on hamm but on every cc you make.

@"Oglaf.1074" yeah i guess daze would be cool. but then you lose warriors best condi builds.

might based build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNApeSnEdAlkiVhAehAElilgAzYBUCDAvL3q72FpFUDSBA-jZRhAB2VGY0HAginBgNPEAAs/AA

mobility:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNApeSnEdAldgVhAehAElilgA7d5Wd3uGHgSYAApFUDSBA-jZR6gA8HCg59HkKDYeGAAeAAAA

run carrion or wanderers if you like. the trait works really well with skull grinder. 8 stacks of confusion on interrupt is excellent.it's a bummer having to drop discipline, but you get a big damage increase. still, warrior really does need baseline fast hands for the flow.

@Caedmon.6798 said:Made a viper build when the spellbreaker demo hit in wvw a while back.I tried diff power combos but i had the feeling the damage was incredibly sub-par while being full zerk and having full might stacks besides the dagger 4 it felt pretty weak.I think the combination with dagger/shield - ham on viper albeit lacking in mobility ( You can still combo dagger 2 - dagger burst - hamm burst to get some mobility in a fight ) seems like a fun build.Finally able to get rid of those stabis to apply confu stacks and more ways to do so.The only downside is losing discipline ( Cus i dont see how were able to ditch defense yet ) and grabbing runes of traveler,or maybe they bring in new runes with speed bonus.Confu works really well on hamm though,also dont forget the confu doesnt Only apply on hamm but on every cc you make.

for open world? if it is, remenber that mounts will make the need of speed boost obsolete.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:Made a viper build when the spellbreaker demo hit in wvw a while back.I tried diff power combos but i had the feeling the damage was incredibly sub-par while being full zerk and having full might stacks besides the dagger 4 it felt pretty weak.I think the combination with dagger/shield - ham on viper albeit lacking in mobility ( You can still combo dagger 2 - dagger burst - hamm burst to get some mobility in a fight ) seems like a fun build.Finally able to get rid of those stabis to apply confu stacks and more ways to do so.The only downside is losing discipline ( Cus i dont see how were able to ditch defense yet ) and grabbing runes of traveler,or maybe they bring in new runes with speed bonus.Confu works really well on hamm though,also dont forget the confu doesnt Only apply on hamm but on every cc you make.

for open world? if it is, remenber that mounts will make the need of speed boost obsolete.

No it's for WvW mainly.

It's not strange at all. You just have to look at the full traitline. Part of the problem may be the locations, though, preventing the chain from being clear. Body Blow should be moved to the bottom of the Master traits, pushing the other two up.

It combines with Body Blow, and, being a condition that discourages skill use, also fits well into the strong CC theme. Peak Performance, Body Blow, and Merciless Hammer synergize to create a character that will ruthlessly beat down an opponent and leave them helpless before a brutal onslaught.

the confusion does subpar damage though. Its really only viable in sustain/control builds that utilize condi hybrid builds. But you probably weren't taking hammer for damage to begin with....right? If you were......you have to come to the realization that it no longer has any role in power or condi damage builds. It doesn't even hit the thing you use the f1/f2/5/3 attacks on half the time if they are on even slightly uneven terrain.

The damage values for the confusion need to scale better. Your Bleeding stacks, that you never asked for, still do more damage....which is sad.

@Cerby.1069 said:the confusion does subpar damage though. Its really only viable in sustain/control builds that utilize condi hybrid builds. But you probably weren't taking hammer for damage to begin with....right? If you were......you have to come to the realization that it no longer has any role in power or condi damage builds. It doesn't even hit the thing you use the f1/f2/5/3 attacks on half the time if they are on even slightly uneven terrain.

The damage values for the confusion need to scale better. Your Bleeding stacks, that you never asked for, still do more damage....which is sad.

dude go play those vipers builds I linked. the damage is nuts. and it's so easy to reach over 20 confusion stacks. it's a merciless build as soon as you get good at landing the cc.

hammer still crits big too. sure earthshaker can be janky, but that's more a WvW than a PvP issue.

still skullgrinder is the best F1 to use. so many condis on interrupt.

There used to be a really nice condition hammer build ages ago long before HoT, actually. Though I haven't given it a try, I feel like it could be pretty good with all the changes since then and having the two traits combined.

Hammer is a bit of a strange weapon for a condition build no doubt, but don't rule it out just because it seems odd.

@choovanski.5462 said:

@Cerby.1069 said:the confusion does subpar damage though. Its really only viable in sustain/control builds that utilize condi hybrid builds. But you probably weren't taking hammer for damage to begin with....right? If you were......you have to come to the realization that it no longer has any role in power or condi damage builds. It doesn't even hit the thing you use the f1/f2/5/3 attacks on half the time if they are on even slightly uneven terrain.

dude go play those vipers builds I linked. the damage is nuts. and it's so easy to reach over 20 confusion stacks. it's a merciless build as soon as you get good at landing the cc.

hammer still crits big too. sure earthshaker can be janky, but that's more a WvW than a PvP issue.

How the heck are you hitting 20 stacks on a single player? Assuming you take a general 20% condition duration increase, It means you are interrupting them 5 times over 10 seconds. If you can interrupt some1 THAT many times I have no idea why the heck you would even consider wasting cc on them, just cleave the kitten. This is the most embellished posting I've read the past month.

I run vipers with it in pvp. I generally get just over 1k confusion ticks, without skullgrinder's +4 confusion, assuming no resistance with might and other buffs up. Most of the time its hundreds."it's so easy to reach 20 confusion stacks" - This implies you hit past 20 confusion stacks on most enemies.... ...WUT? That implies 6 interrupts over 10 seconds. Or it implies running something stupid that increases confusion duration specifically.

Stop making up numbers, its only hurting your argument.

@Cerby.1069 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:

How the heck are you hitting 20 stacks on a single player? It means you are interrupting them 5 times over 10 seconds. If you can interrupt some1 THAT many times I have no idea why the heck you would even consider wasting cc on them, just cleave the kitten. This is the most embellished posting I've read the past month.

I run vipers with it in pvp. At most I get 1k confusion ticks assuming no resistance. Most of the time its hundreds.

It's a WvW Player so you have to take into account Runes of Perplexity and the ability to freely run any trash build you want and still beat up uplevels and feel like a god.

@Jzaku.9765 said:

@Cerby.1069 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:

How the heck are you hitting 20 stacks on a single player? It means you are interrupting them 5 times over 10 seconds. If you can interrupt some1 THAT many times I have no idea why the heck you would even consider wasting cc on them, just cleave the kitten. This is the most embellished posting I've read the past month.

I run vipers with it in pvp. At most I get 1k confusion ticks assuming no resistance. Most of the time its hundreds.

It's a WvW Player so you have to take into account Runes of Perplexity and the ability to freely run any trash build you want and still beat up uplevels and feel like a god.

Soooooo....you are saying there is more skill in pvp builds?

ur a funny guy

@Cerby.1069 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:

How the heck are you hitting 20 stacks on a single player? Assuming you take a general 20% condition duration increase, It means you are interrupting them 5 times over 10 seconds. If you can interrupt some1 THAT many times I have no idea why the heck you would even consider wasting cc on them, just cleave the kitten. This is the most embellished posting I've read the past month.

I run vipers with it in pvp. I generally get just over 1k confusion ticks, without skullgrinder's +4 confusion, assuming no resistance with might and other buffs up. Most of the time its hundreds."it's so easy to reach 20 confusion stacks" - This implies you hit past 20 confusion stacks on most enemies.... ...WUT? That implies 6 interrupts over 10 seconds. Or it implies running something stupid that increases confusion duration specifically.

skullgrinder hits for 8 stacks on interrupt dude. it's not hard to land a few of those and other interrupts on someone.

if I play power I can get 3 f1s per Berserk mode, same for condi. that's 24 stacks from f1 alone. throw in mace daze, shield bash, etc and it's very easy to hit over 20. no reason to cleave when you can condi bomb.

most players in PvP spam auto attacks, and you can interrupt those. both of my builds have a ton of cc, and you can even take kick instead of bulls charge/outrage if you want more. no real need to tho, the build is already overkill on cc.

hitting a high condi stack is super easy if you just land your interrupts and skull grinders. like two skull grinders and the mace daze is 20 stacks if you interrupt. and that's not even half of your cc.

like just play either of my two builds and land interrupts, the damage is great.

Archived