Runes for Power Mirage Roamer?

whoknocks.4935

Hey guys, lately I am seeing lot of different builds of pure power mirages.

Now everyone stopped to play oneshot using mantra, they are no more reliable as before and works only on bad opponents, now chrono can offer better oneshot builds.

Now the new trend of power mirage is high burst kiting builds, and constant high damage pressure throught greatsword skills and illusions.

Of course you are still able to get oneshots with mirror blade mind wrack combo on squishy targets.

I see lot of people trying out focus off hand over torch.

My question is primarily about runes, lot of people run Infiltration, Eagle, Scholar, Strength.

What do you think right now is the best rune to use?

I am not a good at keeping scholar runes effect going, so what are the best choices?

The utility bar meta seems to be: false oasis, blink, illusionary ambush, signet of midnight, jaunt.

Running the standard domi duel mirage.

domi 1 1 3duel 1 1 3mirage 2 1 1lynx/mesmer/scholar for spvptraveler/mesmer/scholar for wvwfalse oasis, blink, daze mantra, illu ambush for torch or signet of midnight for focus, jauntgs ambush spam for might before mirror blade mind wrack, mostly spam sword ambush its more better

Traveler is pretty much the only viable rune unless you either want to cripple yourself by being slow as a snail or cripple yourself by having a crappy offhand. Some handle being slow just fine, I find it severly impact my response speed of intercepting other roamers.

Even with just the focus you need 100% boon duration - where the signet also become an option - but a roamer is generally not going to have anywhere close to that, if any boon duration at all.

The only time you have true freedom is running duo or more with a rev speedbot.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Traveler is pretty much the only viable rune unless you either want to cripple yourself by being slow as a snail or cripple yourself by having a crappy offhand. Some handle being slow just fine, I find it severly impact my response speed of intercepting other roamers.

Even with just the focus you need 100% boon duration - where the signet also become an option - but a roamer is generally not going to have anywhere close to that, if any boon duration at all.

The only time you have true freedom is running duo or more with a rev speedbot.

I usually don't start running after people who escape like a rabbit from me, so I don't need the 25% movement speed. Sword ambushes are already enough in and out of combat for me and running traveler you lose lot of damage that could make you win the fight instead.

I tried focus, but overall torch is just too good in any scenario.But i am struggling to.decide what rune is better... if scholar, mesmer, infiltration, strength...

Archived