Multiple skills for each weapon ?

Aodlop.1907

To choose from I mean. Sometimes you may love the playstyle of a weapon, but you have one or two skills that are just meh, and you wish you could pick something more useful in that slot. Also it'd be more customization, which is always appreciated.

I don't know about you, but I'd gladly take that over a new map or story season. For me, class design and gameplay are the most important parts of an MMO, even more important than new content.

If they do this, I will never get new weapons, so I'm somewhat against it. I really need polearms.

As for "balance", I think it is an illusion. Perfect balance will never exist. Instead, change should be the goal. This way, a class will cycle through underpowered, overpowered, and anything in the middle. As such, this makes it easier for everyone to be able to enjoy a class at different times.

Coming from the original Guild Wars, I wanted this feature since the first beta weekend of GW2.

Even if it's just 6-8 skills per weapon, so I can swap out one or two based on preference and build, as there are still weapons with a condi/power damage identity crises.Also just being able to change the positioning of skills on a character basis (like utility skills, pretty much how it works on Rev), instead of having to change key binds, affecting all characters, would be a huge improvement.

But in general, more Elite Specs, weapons, weapon skills and (core) utility skills and elites (at least finishing up the core sets) is my biggest wish for the game, which I would take as content over story any day.

ill argue that, given they cant even balance what they have now properly.

Fun > balance. No game can be 100% balanced. Even StarCraft II still gets changes every month even though each match-up is near to 50% winrate and there are only 3 races.FUN > BALANCE. As long as the inbalance isn't so huge it breaks the game, I say it's fine.

Simply inspire future specs from weaver and holosmith. Want to fight with a weapon we don't have, easy: use weapon forge, and gain crossbow, spear, whatever weapon you want. Just design the attacks to make appear the weapons, design unique skills here you go. Photon forge is in reality a weapon swap, allowing you to pass from Ranged attacks (rifle) to Cc (forge mode). Almost the same concept for weaver apart the fact that their four "photon forge" skills aren't time limited.So 4 weapon swaps for weavers.Would like to have a weaver based spec for engineer next time: like we can use our weapon in different manners to unlock more skills.

that would make GW2 even more of a hell to do balance than it is now

It'd still be less than half how many spells WoW had during Mists of Pandaria, and when it comes to class design, it was amongst the most balanced AND fun expansions ever.GW2 could achieve it I'm sure, and it'd be worth it.

@Asum.4960 said:Coming from the original Guild Wars, I wanted this feature since the first beta weekend of GW2.

Even if it's just 6-8 skills per weapon, so I can swap out one or two based on preference and build, as there are still weapons with a condi/power damage identity crises.Also just being able to change the positioning of skills on a character basis (like utility skills, pretty much how it works on Rev), instead of having to change key binds, affecting all characters, would be a huge improvement.

But in general, more Elite Specs, weapons, weapon skills and (core) utility skills and elites (at least finishing up the core sets) is my biggest wish for the game, which I would take as content over story any day.

Honestly I would be really happy with character specific keybinds.

Archived