Video editing programs; help!

LaFurion.3167

Hello! I'm currently in the process of making my very first ever gw2 video! Thanks to you guys I went with GeForce Shadowplay for my recording program, and it works really well :)

However, I am currently stuck with video editing. Somebody suggested Shotcut, which is a free video editing software; however, it is INCREDIBLY complicated to use. I just can't figure it out for the life of me!

Does anybody have any other recommendations for video editing programs? I just want to be able to do 3 things simply.

1) Add together all my clips to form a video.2) Cut out parts of each clip.3) Be able to mute or dim the sound for each clip, so I can add a voice over for what is happening.

It seems relatively simple but Shotcut is really hard to use, and when I cut stuff out the sound (when split) is off sync with video because its on a separate track, etc. Impossible :(

I have seen some amazing gameplay videos out there for Gw2 and wonder if there are any people willing to help with even a quick tutorial sometime, I would be willing to tip gold ^_^.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - I'm not sure if this goes into the players helping players section or technical section or what, so I posted it in general discussion.

I don't know much about the topic, but this from Google:

Which video editing software is best for beginners?Here are our top 10 best pieces of video editing software for beginners—from cheapest (i.e. free!) to most expensive.

Apple iMovie. ...Lumen5: How to Edit Videos Without Much Technical Ability. ...Nero Video. ...Corel VideoStudio. ...Filmora from Wondershare. ...CyberLink PowerDirector. ...Adobe Premiere Elements. ...Pinnacle Studio.

Good luck.

@messiah.1908 said:i am using sony vegas (cost money)very intuitive for beginners. just put the clips you want, easy to cut parts of it. easy to delete sound or dim with one click. you can also record your voice over the video.

should be windows free app i think.

Thanks very much. I have tried 4 separate times to get the hang of Shotcut but its far too confusing... I'll give it yet another go but will probably end up getting stumped, and will most likely give Sony Vegas a go... at this point i wouldnt mind paying for it ^_^.

Cheers!

Archived