1 dead server eliminated(SoR) 2 dead servers created(CD & GoM) a Re-Re-link needed on friday

hunkamania.7561

I was waiting the Population Reevaluation that happen on Monday to make a post about this... Populations have shifted, although we're not exactly sure how bad (other than in our own servers) and I personally think they should change the links absed on the population shift that the reevaluation will give.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:I think at this point they're better off eliminating T3 & T4 and combing all the servers in 2 tiers.

Hey, i'm all about this for sure but Anet doesn't seem to agree.

@Jeknar.6184 said:I was waiting the Population Reevaluation that happen on Monday to make a post about this... Populations have shifted, although we're not exactly sure how bad (other than in our own servers) and I personally think they should change the links absed on the population shift that the reevaluation will give.

I dunno if they'll do a re evaluation since it's the holidays but who knows.

Combining servers/reducing tiers just causes people to quit.

Why?

Because you can't just throw the populations of many servers into one, just think about it. One server can have queues on every map on reset, if you throw in 3 or 4 you will never be able to play. Why would you even suggest that

@Blocki.4931 said:Combining servers/reducing tiers just causes people to quit.

Why?

Because you can't just throw the populations of many servers into one, just think about it. One server can have queues on every map on reset, if you throw in 3 or 4 you will never be able to play. Why would you even suggest that

Too many dead tiers. I think people are gonna quit if they keep screwing up things like this reset

Why?

That's just reset.. a period of time for about 3-4hrs where the ques are asinine. EB was up to 140 while the rest of the BL's were at 50-60; that is the period of time when it's bad. After that it's been great, log in and you might see a que of 10-20 on 1-2 maps which is peanuts.

But in every map you go in, you have a decent sized group to run with if you so choose, and it seems to be like this all hours of the day. So why would people quit? Sure some people and guilds on reset night may think twice about logging in. Every other hour of every day with both decent sized groups to run with and decent sized groups to fight, why would this encourage people to quit? If anything it will bring players back, and in droves. Enough come back, open it up to 3 tires, but from the looks of it right now, 4 combined servers seems to be the sweet spot for decent all around numbers. With this number, it would facilitate 2 tiers. I'm not sure how long you've been playing for but during the 1st couple of years of WvW it was normal to often experience ques on multiple maps all throughout the week no matter what time slot it was in.

@hunkamania.7561 said:I dunno if they'll do a re evaluation since it's the holidays but who knows.

I think the re-evaluation is an automated process... The only manual input is likely the reduction/increase of thresholds.

Why?

It's not like there are always queues all the times... Take the YB quadlink for exemple. The only map,that is queued frequently since reset is EBG, and even that have a few hours with no queue. And that one damn stacked link of 4 High+ servers... Putting 4 medium servers together (For exemple: SoR+Dh+DR+BP) won't get even close to that.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:I dunno if they'll do a re evaluation since it's the holidays but who knows.

I think the re-evaluation is an automated process... The only manual input is likely the reduction/increase of thresholds.

Everytime there's a long weekend I never see the reevaluation happen. Could be mistaken but from my guess you won't see one till January. Hope i'm wrong tho

@hunkamania.7561 said:

Everytime there's a long weekend I never see the reevaluation happen. Could be mistaken but from my guess you won't see one till January. Hope i'm wrong tho

Yeah, you are right...There is no reevaluation. Which also lead me to belive Anet will proceed to link CD+Mag and GoM+DB regardless of the population movement.

Archived