A build I'd like to know.

Evening,folks.I've been passing much time in WvW lately, playing Full Valkyrie Core Guardian while following friendly zergs around and sometimes detaching myself from it, with S/F and Staff as weapons and all its teleport meditations, so I am really mobile and can engage and disengage easily. Until yesterday, I never had problems in inflicting A LOT of damage, I could oneshot squishiest classes and stagger the tankiest ones, basically a Thief-Guardian. Then I found this roaming Soulbeast guy that was able to mitigate almost all my damage; while on a lot of people I inflicted more than 10k crits, this guy only received around 1k. I also tried to replicate a build with perma-protection on gw2skills but I'm not sure of it. Could anyone lend me a hand? I wanna know more about Soulbeast. Until now I played only Dire Soulbeast but that's it.

On top of having a lot of boons, its possible they were using greatsword 4 to block, 'guard' so its pet takes the damage instead, or signet of stone which makes them immune to direct damage (similar to warriors endure pain). If they were using smokescale as a pet its possible to also blind so your big attacks would miss. If it was a roaming soulbeast its highly likely they were running marauder gear with durability runes which would mitigate some damage as well.

@SniperShadow.6415 said:What makes me think about it, is that he/she was able to make my crits look awful. Just to be clear, I saw an axe in his first hand, and maybe also a warhorn. Maybe a copy/paste of the actual meta Conquest Soulbeast build?

Probably, soulbeast gets 33%dmg reduction from protection and 33%dmg reduction from dolyak stance.

In wvw they can take food for another 10%. In more extreme cases they can spec guard (33%), oakheart salve (5%), scrapper runes? (5%), or frost aura (10%). This is unlikely though,

Ofc on top of this they'll have lots of weakness applied to you and could stack toughness.

@"DerJoker.9081" said:Could have been a ranger build called "boon beast"Check it on metabattle for all the details. It's quite tanky in 1v1s and 2v2s but relies heavily on boons for sustain and dmg.That's also why it looses its impact and power in teamfights 3v3 and more

Ya that's likely it. If I see the axe/warhorn skills from the soulbeast I just walk away. About as obnoxious as condi mirage or evade sustain bot Weaver.

Archived