6 years and no balance.. must be on purpose

RobMonty.3719

@offence.4726 said:The last time the PvP was remotely good and balanced was back in Vanilla.

I remember the folder I used to have on my old PC which I filled with screens of vitriol, rage, hate, and death threats while playing Soldier Turret Engineer back in vanilla because it was bullshit and I loved making people that angry as nothing could really fight against it in any capacity.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@offence.4726 said:The last time the PvP was remotely good and balanced was back in Vanilla.

So when we used to stack DD eles in a team?

LOL

Could we please have @sephiroth.4217 build a 5 DD (or whatever weapon) ele team and record it in AT

I really missed the 5 ele vids, last time I saw that is from @Cellofrag.4057 :D

All but 1 friend have left the game :disappointed:

Win or lose that would be fun but anet put a restriction of 2 classes when partied even for unranked as 3 of us set up identical mesmers with the same illusionary duelist name for trolling..

@sephiroth.4217 said:

LOL

Could we please have @sephiroth.4217 build a 5 DD (or whatever weapon) ele team and record it in AT

Win or lose that would be fun but anet put a restriction of 2 classes when partied even for unranked as 3 of us set up identical mesmers with the same illusionary duelist name for trolling..

Awww I was wondering if you guys could just bypass it by swapping characters during setup phase in unranked.It is achieveable and nothing illegal, just harder without friends...

I probably see only 1% of my games were there is clearly hacking/modding going on. That's just my experience in the range of T2 Gold to T1 Plat. To truly debunk which people are hacking, you need to play each class, and know their strengths and weaknesses.

I know I was accused of speed hacking as a weaver, Even though I hot linked all my mobility skills in chat, he still didn't believe me.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

LOL

Awww I was wondering if you guys could just bypass it by swapping characters during setup phase in unranked.It is achieveable and nothing illegal, just harder without friends...

You can wait for map select and switch yea and running these fun troll set ups is a lot harder with randoms yes

@"RobMonty.3719" said:Ahkams Razor.......

Occam's*If you're going to misapply a philosophical principle at least spell it right.

Also, there are simpler explanations than "a quarter of the people in PVP are hacking and the game has actively been balanced poorly to sell gems to a specific group of unnamed people". Occam Razoring would pick one of those.

Example.

1.) You're bad2.) Anet is bad at balancing.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I'd say about 1/10 games has a player either on my team or against me, that is performing highly questionable kitten, when I know it isn't lag.

Proof? Well that's hard to retrieve sometimes.

And to that I say I've been accused of hacking while playing a Reaper with an emphasis on Swiftness and Quickness. Got reported for speed hacking.I've been reported for teleporting around while playing Chronomancer with an emphasis on teleportation resets. Got reported for teleport walking.I've been reported for setting someone to down state while playing Zerker Zerker with an emphasis on instakill from 1200 range. Got reported for state hacking.

Anyway just wanted to debunk this stupid hacking thread. As for no balance- I wonder what those new maps, new specs, new runes, new sigils, and multiple splits/number changes to pvp skills were for in pve. Surely nothing ever made its way to pvp. We don't have runes of the mirage, never got Skyhammer or that Djinn place (have they fixed it yet?), and certainly never received a holosmith spec or had Mirage's jaunts ammo changed from 3 in pve to 2 in pvp. Nope. Pvp has been abandoned for 6 years.

Balancing was quite good during the HoT times actually, it hasn't been consistently bad, and I don't think in all the time i've played that i've ever seen an actual hacker. Bots and people exploiting broken mechanics; sure, but never an actual hack. It's okay to be angry, but it's best to present your issues in a calm and collected manner.

@StabbersTheThird.6053 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:I'd say about 1/10 games has a player either on my team or against me, that is performing highly questionable kitten, when I know it isn't lag.

Proof? Well that's hard to retrieve sometimes.

And to that I say I've been accused of hacking while playing a Reaper with an emphasis on Swiftness and Quickness. Got reported for speed hacking.I've been reported for teleporting around while playing Chronomancer with an emphasis on teleportation resets. Got reported for teleport walking.I've been reported for setting someone to down state while playing Zerker Zerker with an emphasis on instakill from 1200 range. Got reported for state hacking.

Anyway just wanted to debunk this stupid hacking thread. As for no balance- I wonder what those new maps, new specs, new runes, new sigils, and multiple splits/number changes to pvp skills were for in pve. Surely nothing ever made its way to pvp. We don't have runes of the mirage, never got Skyhammer or that Djinn place (have they fixed it yet?), and certainly never received a holosmith spec or had Mirage's jaunts ammo changed from 3 in pve to 2 in pvp. Nope. Pvp has been abandoned for 6 years.

It's fine to debunk things, but don't go the complete opposite route and act like it isn't happening at all because it is, and plenty of prominent streamers have caught plenty of users using obvious hack programs during serious streams. I've been present in games while it happened actually. I've been around when fairly well known players within the community were caught speedhacking "which is the most frequent cheat people use because it's easy to hide", and I've been around when known players have flat admitted to win trading and sat and had discussions about how they do it, and why.

Yes, I'm sure there are 10,000 unfounded "click and report for botting" submissions to Anet each and every day, from novice to intermediately knowledged players who think they might be seeing a hack. But there are many of us who have been playing this, on every class, through every meta, through every patch, for almost the last 7 years now. Players who are this experienced at a game, know it up and down. They know what lag looks like, what is capable of, and what it is not capable of. They know what classes are capable of to the point that they could recite all current patching CDs, activation times, text definitions of skills word for word. If you were to quiz them on previous metas from years past, you'd be surprised at how much they remember about how the game functioned even back then. The point being is that there are extreme veteran hardcore players that can spot a hack immediately with no question as to if it was or was not a hack, because they know the physics and capabilities of this game engine so well.

This season, I have honestly seen less hacking than in any previous season. Though I do have to say, I have seen a couple players this season blatantly using speed hack on non stealthing characters "which is a great way to get yourself reported", and I have had to question several other players whom I suspected of short burst speedhacking while either stealthed or coming off of respawn when they know no player is around to see a short burst of speedhack, to rotate just a bit faster. I've played probably about 150-160 games this season in ranked, and there were only 2 that I knew were speedhacking, and only maybe 1 player every 10 games or so that I had to question. Those actually aren't bad numbers compared to previous seasons over the years.

Archived