Support trait idea for necro

Jimbru.6014

I would like to see a support trait for necro that's centered around death magic. Maybe something that transfers a portion of damage from allies to you while in shroud, then add a trait that gives you the dark bond effect so you can transfer that damage to minions. Damage gets reduced at each step, so a support build would focus on maintaining protection on allies.

@Jimbru.6014 said:I imagine this could be part of the Blood tree. Imagine having the ability to take your life steals, like Dagger 2, and share the ticks with your party.

Blood already has a fair amount of support built into it

• protection from bleed out while downed
  • instant well heal and percent healing on downed allies
  • droplet healing while doing dps vai vampiric aura
  • Tons of healing to allies via transfusion / life from death etc etc.
  • Healing and protection via Well skills.

The support is already there technically it does not need anymore.

IF you want more support than this scourge should be the key factor to bolster the support role but it kind of fails at that job it does do it but not quite enough it wont do what druid does. I dont think core is the place to be adding anymore support to be honest.

Want more support start coming up with ideas to do it on scourge.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Jimbru.6014 said:I imagine this could be part of the Blood tree. Imagine having the ability to take your life steals, like Dagger 2, and share the ticks with your party.

Blood already has a fair amount of support built into it
  • protection from bleed out while downed
  • instant well heal and percent healing on downed allies
  • droplet healing while doing dps vai vampiric aura
  • Tons of healing to allies via transfusion / life from death etc etc.
  • Healing and protection via Well skills.

The support is already there technically it does not need anymore.

IF you want more support than this scourge should be the key factor to bolster the support role but it kind of fails at that job it does do it but not quite enough it wont do what druid does. I dont think core is the place to be adding anymore support to be honest.

Want more support start coming up with ideas to do it on scourge.

The only genuinely good support is the res-bot aspects of Blood. The rest is pretty mediocre in the scheme of things.

This is most definitely true. Scourge is the problem. Taking the support line is such an investment for very little gain. You support infinitely better taking boon corrupt or dps lines. Even Sand Savant is a liability for getting the most out of the entire rest of the specs traitline other than the passive minors and the fact it's ez-mode.

Abbrassive grit was a for sure pick for the two days it actually did something. Also, might is terrible for this trait and we have BiP for that anyway. It might as well read, turn your melee allies conditions into Weakness.

-Abbrassive Grit: Remove a condition when you apply barrier to an ally. When your Barriers absorb damage, 20% (?) is returned as damage to the attacker. (This trait only affects Barrier applied by NECROMANCER traits and skills.) See the flavor here now? :) *I also wanted to point out that Barrier doesn't have to be relegated to Scourge..cough...meaningfull non-minion DM traits...cough...not forced to take BM...cough

Desert Empowerment...doesn't leave me or anyone else feeling empowered. It's especially weak considering it's competition in this slot and this is a primary mechanic? I know the idea of barrier is a more active defense to replace shrouds built insurvival but Scourges are ALWAYS ripe for the ganking.

-Desert Empowerment: Manifest Sand Shade applies Barrier when cast. Barriers you apply last 50% longer.

Sand Savant flies in the face of the rest of Scourge's Traits. I'd like to see it removed and slightly increase the radius and targets as a baseline. I Don't really know what to replace it with. Some sort of Lifeforce+Health generation while under the effects of Barrier? I'd REALLY, REALLY like to rework Sadistic Searing and move the utility reduction to Sand Savant but whatevs.

Just some thoughts. Happy New Year!

Archived