What happened to Superior Rune of the Scholar price?

Zychuu.7294

I wanted to slot my newly crafted Ascended weapon armour with Superior rune of the scholar but... I noticed that the price is quite high, possibly considerably higher than it was when I checked it out last time some time ago. I checked the price history and saw this. As I'm fairly new(~3months) I'm not really good at following balance changes, meta shifts, etc. Does anybody happen to know what happened to that price, why, and does it affected other runes in similar way?

Edit. Lol I realised what I just wrote and how dumb I am. Of course I can't slot runes into my asc WEAPON. But after crafting the weapon I just realised that I miss some runes in my armour too.

Because all Runes and Sigils that didn't have a crafting recipe were given one with the Rune/Sigil update.You can’t slot Runes into weapons though. Maybe you meant new armor piece or Sigil?The price went up because of the new materials needed to craft them, the new value is based on the cost of the materials used to make them.

@"Zychuu.7294" said:I wanted to slot my newly crafted Ascended weapon with Superior rune of the scholar but... I noticed that the price is quite high, possibly considerably higher than it was when I checked it out last time some time ago. I checked the price history and saw this. As I'm fairly new(~3months) I'm not really good at following balance changes, meta shifts, etc. Does anybody happen to know what happened to that price, why, and does it affected other runes in similar way?

The rune|sigil update last month delivered a major market disruption. Some people believe it has become harder to acquire sigils & runes generally and, consequently, hoard them. Some believe that the symbols|charms used to make upgrades have too low a drop rate and hoard those. Some people end up hoarding because their material storage isn't close to full of the relevant materials.

Additionally, power builds are back in fashion for a lot of content and scholar runes are still a great go-to choice.

Whatever the reasons, the supply of scholar runes has dropped. For most of the last six months, it ran roughly 10k on the TP (dipping as low as 4, as high as 20). Since the announcement and implementation of the changes, it's having trouble hitting 2.5k.

When supply drops and demand rises, prices rise too.

not to mention one of the new leaked include changes in fractals with an instabilities that hinder condi damage by 20%. so power is needed more than ever and will jack up prices of scholar, which is the main rune for power pve. the others already said the rest xdand these runes can only be salvaged through specific exotics, making it harder to get since you can't craft. all the more reason the prices are getting higher after the sigils/runes overhaul.

@Hex.2579 said:and these runes can only be salvaged through specific exotics, making it harder to get since you can't craft.

You can craft any Rune/Sigil now. There’s recipes for all of them that didn’t have a recipe. This was one of the main points behind the Rune/Sigil overhaul.

For example, the Superior Rune of The Scholar;

Discovered: TailoringComponentOutput qty. 18  Pile of Lucent Crystal5  Glob of Ectoplasm5  Elaborate Totem5 Charm of Brilliance

Rough cost of materials used at time if posting: 7g30s.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Hex.2579 said:and these runes can only be salvaged through specific exotics, making it harder to get since you can't craft.

You can craft any Rune/Sigil now. There’s recipes for all of them that didn’t have a recipe. This was one of the main points behind the Rune/Sigil overhaul.

For example, the Superior Rune of The Scholar;

Discovered: TailoringComponentOutput qty. 18  Pile of Lucent Crystal5  Glob of Ectoplasm5  Elaborate Totem5 Charm of Brilliance

Rough cost of materials used at time if posting: 7g30s.

ahh yea. thanks for reminding me. forgot about this since the patch. still the price is going up cuz the new instabilities have a hammer on condi builds with 20% less damage. and scholar rune is the only thing most power builds run, except for hybrids.

@Zychuu.7294 said:

@Linken.6345 said:OP what ever you wanted to slot into your ascended weapon it is not rune of the scholar.Maybe Sigil of force?

Lol now when I see what I wrote ...of course it isn't. I'm dumb. But I'm missing some runes in armour too and that's how I noticed strange price.

It can happen to the best of us pretty confounded noone of the posters above me picked up on it =)

Archived