[Suggestion] Candy Canes need a "Consume All" button.

First of all, my apologies if this has been mentioned before. I think it would save people a lot of time if we had the option to use these all at once. The "Connoisseur of Conection" achievement requires 2,500 points, which in turn is 5,000 mouse clicks (or keyboard presses if using Mouse-Keys).

It would save wrist pain, mouse/kb wear and of course time.

Bad idea because the buffs you get from them only stack up to 30, so for every 250 consumed at once, 220 would be wasted. Wanting to save time and clicks is fine, but only as long as the change one asks for does not screw over other people who click that option and then miss out on more than 3 hours of buffs.

I would be fine with them adding a "Consume 30" instead of "Consume all" though :)

@"Shikigami.4013" said:Bad idea because the buffs you get from them only stack up to 30, so for every 250 consumed at once, 220 would be wasted. Wanting to save time and clicks is fine, but only as long as the change one asks for does not screw over other people who click that option and then miss out on more than 3 hours of buffs.

I would be fine with them adding a "Consume 30" instead of "Consume all" though :)

To use a custom amount you can always split the amount you want and use only them, it's a function that has been in place for quite some time now already. I suggested the "Consume All" function because programming wise it would probably be easy for Anet to implement since the function is already there for other consumables.

Eiher way I'd be fine with both 30 or all as long as I can save some wrist pain.

@ArmoredVehicle.2849 said:

@"Shikigami.4013" said:Bad idea because the buffs you get from them only stack up to 30, so for every 250 consumed at once, 220 would be wasted. Wanting to save time and clicks is fine, but only as long as the change one asks for does not screw over other people who click that option and then miss out on more than 3 hours of buffs.

To use a custom amount you can always split the amount you want and use only them, it's a function that has been in place for quite some time now already. I suggested the "Consume All" function because programming wise it would probably be easy for Anet to implement since the function is already there for other consumables.

Eiher way I'd be fine with both 30 or all as long as I can save some wrist pain.

I basically do just that now: split a stack of 30, then start up my autoclicker to use the entire stack. Sure would be nice to have just a simple consume all feature for candy canes. Either that or a simple recipe to create a bag of 30 candy canes to use all at once. And while we're at it, the ability to buy all 10 wintersday gifts per price tier in 1 click. I have to use my autoclicker for that too.

@"ArmoredVehicle.2849" said:First of all, my apologies if this has been mentioned before. I think it would save people a lot of time if we had the option to use these all at once. The "Connoisseur of Conection" achievement requires 2,500 points, which in turn is 5,000 mouse clicks (or keyboard presses if using Mouse-Keys).

It would save wrist pain, mouse/kb wear and of course time.

Many consumables don't have it for a reason: to make it harder (if only physically) to achieve the goal. ;)

@ArmoredVehicle.2849 said:

Well of course there is already the option of first splitting it, and then click the ones you split away. But then, you could just use the ones you want to use without splitting them away first and achieve exactly the same, just with less work.

You wanted it as easy as possible, with only one click, so I suggested a solution with only one click that would not make it better for you but worse for other people. Keep in mind that you will have the opportunity to use the buffs for as long as you play, indefinitely - but you only once in your gaming life need to complete that achievement ;)

PS: I clicked 10000 drinks years ago for winter presence. The "Consume all" function did not exist back then. I lived through it :)

@Shikigami.4013 said:

@Shikigami.4013 said:Bad idea because the buffs you get from them only stack up to 30, so for every 250 consumed at once, 220 would be wasted. Wanting to save time and clicks is fine, but only as long as the change one asks for does not screw over other people who click that option and then miss out on more than 3 hours of buffs.

Well of course there is already the option of first splitting it, and then click the ones you split away. But then, you could just use the ones you want to use without splitting them away first and achieve exactly the same, just with less work.

You wanted it as easy as possible, with only one click, so I suggested a solution with only one click that would not make it better for you but worse for other people. Keep in mind that you will have the opportunity to use the buffs for as long as you play, indefinitely - but you only once in your gaming life need to complete that achievement ;)

PS: I clicked 10000 drinks years ago for winter presence. The "Consume all" function did not exist back then. I lived through it :)

So, because you had to do something, you dont want a QOL feature for others? You only once in your life need to get the drink achievement too(Thirst Slayer), i hope you want to click through 100,000 clicks...oh...theres a consume all option to make it so much easier to do that, thankfully, a consume all option would have been nice for the candy canes, i have 20 stacks of them at the moment and i keep getting more simply because its to painful on my finger to repeatedly click that many times.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Many consumables don't have it for a reason: to make it harder (if only physically) to achieve the goal. ;)

In the case of the candy canes, I don't think that is it. I think it more lies in the fact that the item gives you a buff.

If the logic is to make an achievement harder, then consume all wouldn't be on the drinks (since you need 10,000 of them).

@Dante.1763 said:

@Shikigami.4013 said:Bad idea because the buffs you get from them only stack up to 30, so for every 250 consumed at once, 220 would be wasted. Wanting to save time and clicks is fine, but only as long as the change one asks for does not screw over other people who click that option and then miss out on more than 3 hours of buffs.

So, because you had to do something, you dont want a QOL feature for others? You only once in your life need to get the drink achievement too(Thirst Slayer), i hope you want to click through 100,000 clicks...oh...theres a consume all option to make it
so
much easier to do that, thankfully, a consume all option would have been nice for the candy canes, i have 20 stacks of them at the moment and i keep getting more simply because its to painful on my finger to repeatedly click that many times.

No. the reason I don't want it was in my first post. Doesn't really matter much because it is a buff food and there is no consume all for any buff food. The drinks got it long ago because they had no other use and unlike accidentally consuming a whole stack of buff food and wasting the huge majority of it, drinking all drinks at once had no drawback.

Archived