New player looking for WvW & PvP main

chimes.4960

I'm a new player particularly interested in world versus world and PvP. What class(es) would you recommend to a new comer looking to get into these modes? I have been reading up on the different specs but would love to hear any advice from veteran players.

I purchased the expansions if that helps to know.

Thank you!

Guardian for zerg only if you like supporting.I don't have fun playing support Firebrand, so Spellbreaker, Rev, Necros, and maybe even Ele are good choices for dps fun.Of those choices, I find Spellbreaker and Ele to be the most fun.You'll definitely find more parties (commanders willing to deal with pugs) as Firebrand.But it's really a matter of what you enjoy the most. Don't roll Firebrand just to join a squad. You'll burn out quickly.

Roaming is even more based on personal preference. You can go Mesmer/Thief/Ranger for optimal roaming, but if you don't have fun, is it really worth playing those classes just because it's the "best" at what it does?

@"nativity.3057" said:

Roaming is even more based on personal preference. You can go Mesmer/Thief/Ranger for optimal roaming, but if you don't have fun, is it really worth playing those classes just because it's the "best" at what it does?

Good advice here, when I had to farm for Warbringer (the flamy legendary back piece) it took something like 1.5 month playing every evening and weekends. I did that 95% of the time on my Revenant because it’s my main in PvE. They are decent in zergs and can defend themselves but if you are prompt to get mad play another class as the obvious terrible balance is clear as day when doing pvp/wvw roaming.

Play the way you like or you’ll get bored quick.

@"nativity.3057" said:Guardian for zerg only if you like supporting.I don't have fun playing support Firebrand, so Spellbreaker, Rev, Necros, and maybe even Ele are good choices for dps fun.Of those choices, I find Spellbreaker and Ele to be the most fun.You'll definitely find more parties (commanders willing to deal with pugs) as Firebrand.But it's really a matter of what you enjoy the most. Don't roll Firebrand just to join a squad. You'll burn out quickly.

Warrior isnt rly fun in zerging anymore, most of the time you just stand in your squad, watching as your and the enemy zerg are throwing trash at each other on long range, until one side gets weak enough for the final push. So 80-90% you are just standing around doing nothing.(atleast on the meta spellbreaker, most ppl dont like worker warrior with sword/horn afterall)

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"nativity.3057" said:Guardian for zerg only if you like supporting.I don't have fun playing support Firebrand, so Spellbreaker, Rev, Necros, and maybe even Ele are good choices for dps fun.Of those choices, I find Spellbreaker and Ele to be the most fun.You'll definitely find more parties (commanders willing to deal with pugs) as Firebrand.But it's really a matter of what you enjoy the most. Don't roll Firebrand just to join a squad. You'll burn out quickly.

Warrior isnt rly fun in zerging anymore, most of the time you just stand in your squad, watching as your and the enemy zerg are throwing trash at each other on long range, until one side gets weak enough for the final push. So 80-90% you are just standing around doing nothing.(atleast on the meta spellbreaker, most ppl dont like worker warrior with sword/horn afterall)

Then your commanders need to push faster , sustain better instead of pirate shipping, or learn to use portal.

@Infusion.7149 said:

Then your commanders need to push faster , sustain better instead of pirate shipping, or learn to use portal.

Kek meeting a server that doesnt bomb a portal in almost 2019

Archived