Would you want to make the flesh golem elite a transformation skill?

EremiteAngel.9765

I was thinking as minionmancers, we could transform to become a big bad Monster ourselves.

And we could make the Norn racial skill Become the snow leopard a template for our own transformation skill. We could change the snow leopard into 'become the flesh golem'

And necros can finally have a fitting elite!I just realised that if we transfer the flesh golem charging skill buffs and ability onto the necromancer, we could have a rather decent mobility skill!

We could keep the flesh golem skills on transformation, so that the necromancer himself is able to:

• charge 1200 range
  • knockdown the opponent for 2 secs on impact
  • Gain 3 stack of stability
  • Ignore chill and cripple
  • Remove immobilize
  • Same 40 seconds cooldown
  • Same 3/4 seconds cast time

Perfect elite skill for running or chasing!

@"Dadnir.5038" said:No god! Please no!

But why? XDIs it because minions have their own lore/thematic value for the class?We could adopt the soulbeast version of merging with the flesh golem to obtain his skill so that we can still retain the flesh golem as a summon.

The idea to give the flesh golem's charge skill to the necromancer came because I've been playing with Norn's racial elite "Become the snow leopard" for my necro when I roam in WvW with other mobile allies.

Snow Leopard form gives my necro 5 seconds of stealth and a 1600 range dash and a 600 range leap which all can be done at least 2 times during the transformed mode which allows my necro to have the ability to disengage easily when needed.Unfortunately it can only be used by a Norn and is gated behind a high cooldown of 240 seconds =/

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Would be too similar to soulbeast I think.

Thats a great link/idea actually!Rather than replace the flesh golem minion, we could still summon him, but instead of the charge skill, we replace it with a skill to merge with the flesh golem and gain the charge skill!

Why bother with that? Just change the charge skill being the minions to the player character. No need to transform. Even more so it should be an attack from both you and the minion.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:No god! Please no!

But why? XDIs it because minions have their own lore/thematic value for the class?We could adopt the soulbeast version of merging with the flesh golem to obtain his skill so that we can still retain the flesh golem as a summon.

The idea to give the flesh golem's charge skill to the necromancer came because I've been playing with Norn's racial elite "Become the snow leopard" for my necro when I roam in WvW with other mobile allies.

Snow Leopard form gives my necro 5 seconds of stealth and a 1600 range dash and a 600 range leap which all can be done at least 2 times during the transformed mode which allows my necro to have the ability to disengage easily when needed.Unfortunately it can only be used by a Norn and is gated behind a high cooldown of 240 seconds =/

Nope it's just because you suggested a transform elite skill. There is no need to look further than that. I have no problem with necromancer being given a charge skill but a transform skill is a definite big fat "no!".

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Thats a great link/idea actually!Rather than replace the flesh golem minion, we could still summon him, but instead of the charge skill, we replace it with a skill to merge with the flesh golem and gain the charge skill!

Why bother with that? Just change the charge skill being the minions to the player character. No need to transform. Even more so it should be an attack from both you and the minion.

A big reason why I wanted to remove the minion was because flesh golem dies easy in combat.Unless we retain the charge skill even if our minion dies then I'm all for it!

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:No god! Please no!

Nope it's just because you suggested a transform elite skill. There is no need to look further than that. I have no problem with necromancer being given a charge skill but a transform skill is a definite big fat "no!".

I understand the horror necros have gone through because of the transformation skill. But I'm hoping this is a simple transform that has only one skill so hopefully it will be implemented better XD

Also it doesn't have to be a transform haha... I left the poll open to suggestions with the 'others' option as I really love the idea of having the charge skill given to the necro. We must have this skill!

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

A big reason why I wanted to remove the minion was because flesh golem dies easy in combat.Unless we retain the charge skill even if our minion dies then I'm all for it!

True but there should also be counter play.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

I'd rather the Flesh Golem have 2 special abilities. Instead of merging and becoming 1 necro golem I'd have the charge attack only knockdown 1 foe instead of a line and while that is recharging another skill to teleport to the golems location destroying it in an explosion knocking down nearby foes. It would give us utility and mobility at the sacrifice of the golem.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:No god! Please no!

I understand the horror necros have gone through because of the transformation skill. But I'm hoping this is a simple transform that has only one skill so hopefully it will be implemented better XD

Also it doesn't have to be a transform haha... I left the poll open to suggestions with the 'others' option as I really love the idea of having the charge skill given to the necro. We must have this skill!

I wanted to fuel the body fo dead players and monsters as pets, and raise them from the dead to use as pets. Would be so much fun in pvp if a undead version of a Mesmer who fought to the end but not the exact one got raised from the dead and have some weaker Mesmer abilities but not exactly the same strength and with a quarter of the health.

If that's too possible of being overpowered, what if you could do a quest to modify your undead golem? lets say has way more hp but a lot less attack and some utilities to help keep said necromancer alive? maybe customize your minions by being able to summon different kind of undeads, maybe a lich horror that has weak hp but casts fear on people and drains hp and drains stamina.

@"Axl.8924" said:I wanted to fuel the body fo dead players and monsters as pets, and raise them from the dead to use as pets. Would be so much fun in pvp if a undead version of a Mesmer who fought to the end but not the exact one got raised from the dead and have some weaker Mesmer abilities but not exactly the same strength and with a quarter of the health.

If that's too possible of being overpowered, what if you could do a quest to modify your undead golem? lets say has way more hp but a lot less attack and some utilities to help keep said necromancer alive? maybe customize your minions by being able to summon different kind of undeads, maybe a lich horror that has weak hp but casts fear on people and drains hp and drains stamina.

Making undead out of corpse... It's not that it's impossible for ANet to implement it or that it would end up being OP, it's just that it would be to taxing on the servers because that would mean that corpse would have to linger for some time after the player rally and that would increase the load of pixel that the game engine need to process.

Skills aren't modified by "quests", only by traits.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Axl.8924" said:I wanted to fuel the body fo dead players and monsters as pets, and raise them from the dead to use as pets. Would be so much fun in pvp if a undead version of a Mesmer who fought to the end but not the exact one got raised from the dead and have some weaker Mesmer abilities but not exactly the same strength and with a quarter of the health.

Making undead out of corpse... It's not that it's impossible for ANet to implement it or that it would end up being OP, it's just that it would be to taxing on the servers because that would mean that corpse would have to linger for some time after the player rally and that would increase the load of pixel that the game engine need to process.

What if instead you got the ability to summon a pet of a different kind of class from the get go, but ditch that whole thing of raising dead players? having a variety of pets would still be useful in pvp so long as its not too strong and its abilities

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:I wanted to fuel the body fo dead players and monsters as pets, and raise them from the dead to use as pets. Would be so much fun in pvp if a undead version of a Mesmer who fought to the end but not the exact one got raised from the dead and have some weaker Mesmer abilities but not exactly the same strength and with a quarter of the health.

What if instead you got the ability to summon a pet of a different kind of class from the get go, but ditch that whole thing of raising dead players? having a variety of pets would still be useful in pvp so long as its not too strong and its abilities

That would make basically 9 differents yet similar extra elite skills which aren't even garanteed to be good or balanced. As a player I don't want to chose between 9 differents dumb AI in this game (even 1 is somehow a bit to much) and as developpers i'm sure ANet's devs don't want to have to deal with the balance of 9 extra elite skills on a single profession when they try really hard to not listen to the community of players whenever they ask for all utility skillset to be completed with each their own heal, elite and common skills.

necromancer is not a transformer.Would be interesting to instead have that hefty CD to have the minions linked to a shorter CD and consumption of life force (as representation of using dead to create life ).

So they die fast but can be respawned faster.

Actually i think minions (in general) should follow the mesmer philosofy to reduce the problem of screen clutter and server overload.

• minions should work like now but to have the active which sacrifices them in exchange for a significant effect. Like the bone minions.

I would even go as far as a give the F6 as to call up to 5 jagged horrors ( 2 mins life span) and modify the minion skills to apply those effects to then minions instead calling more minions. Personally i would have designed the necro minions mechanics this way:

• Blood fiend Equipped: damage to necro is transferred to the minions. Sacrifice: to sacrifice a jagged horror for HP.
  • Bone fiend: equipped jagged horrors gain ranged attack, Sacrifice: Jagged horror becomes a projectile which immobilises on impact.
  • Bone minions: equipped jagged horrors apply bleed too. Sacrifice: minions explode.
  • Flesh wurm: eqquiped minions apply cripple. Sacrifice: break stun for the necromancer.
  • Shadow fiend: Increased movement speed of the minions Sacrifice: teleport all the other minions to target.
  • flesh golem: Eqquiped increase power damage of the minions. Sacrifice: minion charge knocking down or launching foes on the way.

This way the objective is for the necro to have easy access to squishy minions linked to the life force consumption on summon, which die easily and have a limited life span to avoid server overload but have access to active skills which make them an interesting option.

Transforms just aren't good. Really is all I have to say about that bit. The only idea this thread gave me though would be some shroud-minion skills. I.E. Instead of the skill slots being blank when you switch over to shroud, give the minions some kind of different effect in that form.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

Yes it gets under my skin that we have to waste an elite slot for something way inferior to what a Ranger gets for free (with even better sustain).

Archived