Tier 1 Matchup unbalanced

I know the YB linking was messed up bad but why did BG get a link they were already stacked and if you look at the unbalanced play underway it demoralizes new players to wvw and vets as well. Look at ebg all owned by BG for almost the entirety of the current match. I understand its the holidays but truly something bad has happened. I know players that have quit because of this which makes matters worse. Why did BG get a link ??

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T2 match up is retarded as well. KN had an alliance of large guilds leave to another server. KN has finished first 0 times, 2nd twice and 3rd 42 times thus far. Impressively they still have a KDR of 1.7. But T4 is looking good. Matchups need to be updated/changed more frequently as alliances can still hop and completely throw out balance like this.

@sostronk.8167 said:T2 match up is kitten as well. KN had an alliance of large guilds leave to another server. KN has finished first 0 times, 2nd twice and 3rd 42 times thus far. Impressively they still have a KDR of 1.7. But T4 is looking good. Matchups need to be updated/changed more frequently as alliances can still hop and completely throw out balance like this.

I was wondering what happened to KN again. Maybe next time we'll be guest instead of host. Back to 'normal'.

I really wish we'd just dump links until the alliance system is ready.

@Limodriver.4106 said:its not unbalance when u decided not to show up to play b/c of the holiday, its ur own fault for doing that.

Lol, the phrasing of that is something special.

On topic, tier 1 is partly bad because BG got a link (they didn't need one), partly because of last weeks' re-link debacle which left CD and GoM with no links, and partly because it's the holidays and some people are busy/out of town etc. For some reason BG/ET still want to try hard so far this matchup, but SBI and CD clearly do not care to try hard before the relinks are fixed on Friday.

Not showing up for T1, funny. Keep repeating it to yourself. We had 4 points this morning. Went to a camp on another bl guarded by, you guessed it, a Mesmer type with golems, acs etc. I got nailed several times and help was still called. We had 2 zergs on our ebg last night and still couldn't take our keep under a skyline of trebs and 10 other pieces of siege raining down on us. Take a tower, lose the tower. The zergs, sizes i havent seen since the Hod blob days in the 2nd tourney. As a result, Stackgate has won every skirmish by far. Merry Christmas

@sostronk.8167 said:T2 match up is kitten as well. KN had an alliance of large guilds leave to another server. KN has finished first 0 times, 2nd twice and 3rd 42 times thus far. Impressively they still have a KDR of 1.7. But T4 is looking good. Matchups need to be updated/changed more frequently as alliances can still hop and completely throw out balance like this.

Lol. Merry Christmas.

How about only 3 days before relink? Prevents stacking, and Anet can decide what links work well. Linking is pointless if guilds just bandwagon to new link servers. What might have been a good even match up turns into crap when half a link server ditches on reset and stacks a different link. Screws up 2 match-ups.

A lot of people currently on kaineng, blackgate, and FA and their links are bandwagon mealy-mouth dumpster monkeys. It's one thing if you transfer as a fight guild to challenge yourself or put yourself against guilds you'd like to fight (a guild like BoRP tends to pick places where they challenge themselves), but for all those who just clump up to have number wars 2, you are killing your game mode. It's fine, if that is your goal. The vitality of the game mode isn't even recoverable at this point. I guess I figured those of you who love playing it so much though would be in the interest of saving it in the past year. Enjoy your lonely empty battlefield, with not a roamer on your horizon for 5000 paces. It's no more than we deserve.

Yeah be mad at BG for this. eyeroll Whether you want to admit it or not, BG has not had the population/coverage people keep squawking about for awhile. Even when we opened for that small window 90% of those that came over left shortly thereafter and there wasn't even a hiccup in coverage/population. The link was healthier by far than having the server open again. The problem is the bandwagoning. No one really cared about all the bandwagoning until suddenly BG could be bandwagoned to. Any other server stack was accepted so long as it kept specifically BG down and anyone from BG that opened their mouths about it were punched down. Regardless of your hate for the server, that's uneven and biased. It also doesn't fix the issue in a game mode that has been on the decline. The issue should be targeting guilds/people that specifically bandwagoned. Not a cry cry BG cry issue. Because trust BG did nothing to plan any of this. We're far too lazy and potato based to plan an all out assault on anyone.

I like ET, we loved being linked with them the last time we were linked many moons ago. I wish anet had the forethought to lock ET before linking them with BG or lock any link server when they are linked with a closed server across the board to stop the bandwagon nonsense. However that didn't happen and won't.....and people that bandwagon are going to bandwagon. Whether it be to KN. SoS. FA. Or any other server and their link if it gives them the advantage to do so.

@Tomahawk.7361 said:A lot of people currently on kaineng, blackgate, and FA and their links are bandwagon mealy-mouth dumpster monkeys. It's one thing if you transfer as a fight guild to challenge yourself or put yourself against guilds you'd like to fight (a guild like BoRP tends to pick places where they challenge themselves), but for all those who just clump up to have number wars 2, you are killing your game mode. It's fine, if that is your goal. The vitality of the game mode isn't even recoverable at this point. I guess I figured those of you who love playing it so much though would be in the interest of saving it in the past year. Enjoy your lonely empty battlefield, with not a roamer on your horizon for 5000 paces. It's no more than we deserve.

Uhhh...

Kaineng, and FA are currently loosing to TC so i fail to see how they are killing their game mode, unless you mean they are the ones that have bandwagoned and all jumped ship off their servers and joined other servers?

Regardless, im glad i wont be facing groups of organized guilds anymore while roaming, so fun that is -_-

If organised guilds all only login together and only go looking for fights, ofcourse they will end 3rd 42+ times.But must say TC/JQ pugs do get a blast out of fighting the like of WE and eA/ZEDD.

@radiantbliss.6875 said:Yeah be mad at BG for this. eyeroll Whether you want to admit it or not, BG has not had the population/coverage people keep squawking about for awhile. Even when we opened for that small window 90% of those that came over left shortly thereafter and there wasn't even a hiccup in coverage/population. The link was healthier by far than having the server open again. The problem is the bandwagoning. No one really cared about all the bandwagoning until suddenly BG could be bandwagoned to. Any other server stack was accepted so long as it kept specifically BG down and anyone from BG that opened their mouths about it were punched down. Regardless of your hate for the server, that's uneven and biased. It also doesn't fix the issue in a game mode that has been on the decline. The issue should be targeting guilds/people that specifically bandwagoned. Not a cry cry BG cry issue. Because trust BG did nothing to plan any of this. We're far too lazy and potato based to plan an all out assault on anyone.

I like ET, we loved being linked with them the last time we were linked many moons ago. I wish anet had the forethought to lock ET before linking them with BG or lock any link server when they are linked with a closed server across the board to stop the bandwagon nonsense. However that didn't happen and won't.....and people that bandwagon are going to bandwagon. Whether it be to KN. SoS. FA. Or any other server and their link if it gives them the advantage to do so.

i dont think we have any issue with BG i surely dont... its the mechanics of population pump ups due to links and bandwagon effects. I started this thread to open up good dialogue about the issues we all see and deal with. I think its good we all discuss this nicely we all are and hopefully find a happy area. Anet is in charge tho and hopefully thru good threads of dialogue they can see what us players see on our level. I have friends on BGand even them have expressed concerns about the bandwagon effect.

Archived