One week -15% damage yes or no

LaFurion.3167

@enkidu.5937 said:Damage reduction yes, but . . .

. . . a lot of experienced players already suggested this serveral times in this forum: make damage boni, provided by skills or traits, additive, instead of multiplicative.

This would be good.

@Israel.7056 said:If you're dying constantly right now 15 percent damage reduction isn't going to change that. You've either got a positioning problem or a comp problem or some combination of the two. Or is this another roaming thread?

I do both roaming and zerging. It's worse in zerging haha you touch a circle and you die

@LaFurion.3167 said:

@enkidu.5937 said:Damage reduction yes, but . . .

. . . a lot of experienced players already suggested this serveral times in this forum: make damage boni, provided by skills or traits, additive, instead of multiplicative.

This would be good.

@Israel.7056 said:If you're dying constantly right now 15 percent damage reduction isn't going to change that. You've either got a positioning problem or a comp problem or some combination of the two. Or is this another roaming thread?

I do both roaming and zerging. It's worse in zerging haha you touch a circle and you die

How is that true when on my glass Weaver I don’t die?

Positioning and numbers are your friend.

To me, it's more of an issue of being able to deliver high damage while still having good sustain. I have no issue with bursts in and of itself; that's the only way you can really pressure anyone-- nobody ever dies to cleave damage unless they're outnumbered or asleep/lagging. Tank meta in HoT was garbage too.

Yea, I don't think 0.5s ---> 0..58s would help. If people are 1 pushing in fights, even a 50% damage reduction will do nothing.

Other

Those outfitted in zerk or zerk like gear are expected to hit like trucks, this isn't an issue. It's those outfitted in tanky gear, or simply have a lot of vitality or toughness on their gear, that hit too hard. Their damage needs to be drastically scaled down. Remember, your in the front line or anywhere close to it, and you're getting vaporized by the enemy's front line, it isn't due to to zerk gear, it's due to tanky gear.

@LaFurion.3167 said:Would you guys be for or against 1 week -15% damage in wvw?

Voted Other:

I'm of two minds on the subject. If it could be guaranteed that someone from Anet was collecting data across multiple specs , particularly the off or core spec builds for the sake of future balancing I'd be for it.

If not, then as a player I'd be against it because I tend to try to keep playing older specs. Such a change to me wouldn't affect much as the matter currently stands because certain specs- say core Engineer or Core Necromancer- which currently under-perform are still going to under-perform and for much the same reasons. Mostly because a large part of what makes certain classes under-perform isn't just about damage dealt.

Nothing will change where the discrepancies between professions- some of them Elites- where availability to certain combinations of boons, utilities, and damage is concerned.

That said, having the combats take slightly longer might shine more of a light on just how effective certain professions advantages in those departments are. On the other hand the lack in overall one on one damage might just encourage a feeling that blobs are even more mandatory for success than they currently are and things that need to be seen might just get lost in the shuffle. Players have a way of screwing with the best laid plans of developers that way.

Again, if I could be certain this was done with an honest attempt at data collection with balance in mind I'd be for it. I just want to have a better reason for suffering for a week even more than is customary than simply, 'Because.'

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Other

Those outfitted in zerk or zerk like gear are expected to hit like trucks, this isn't an issue. It's those outfitted in tanky gear, or simply have a lot of vitality or toughness on their gear, that hit too hard. Their damage needs to be drastically scaled down. Remember, your in the front line or anywhere close to it, and you're getting vaporized by the enemy's front line, it isn't due to to zerk gear, it's due to tanky gear.

No, just no. When i get stuck as a melee in any sort of cc in a push ill die to heavy hitting AOEs or rather a BOATLOAD of aoes that hit me, its not necessarily the dmg of one skill that kills you, its the sheer amount of aoes that kill someone and its not by any means the frontline that kills anyone, no full minstrelguard will do alot of dmg, zerker warriors are squishy as hell, and for going melee witht that gear they should def hit hard.

Id be for a change of how many times in 1 or 0.5seconds you can be hit by AOE attacks. Make it work just like stab. Max amount of hits from AOE every 0.5sec 3-5? Or something like that

@Limodriver.4106 said:I suggest every 1 mastery rank give extra 1000 hp so ppl should have around +30k hp by now with 2 expansion.

If you mean PvE masteries they have no place in WvW so no. If you mean WvW masteries then this would be giving new players a huge disadvantage deterring them from even trying out the game mode since the enemy would have more than twice their hp.

Archived