Cant Gift Item

Dante.1763

Good Morning!

Trying to buy my friend a gift from the BLTC(Glints Gaze Mask) in this case. But he doesnt appear on ANY of the lists. I play with this person in game every single day, hes in two of the guilds im a part of, and hes on my friends list, but according to the game his account simply is nonexistent!

Kinda curious what i can do about this?

adTCt7r.jpg

Thats what the "party" filter looks like.

Sometimes your computer loses touch with the part of ANet's system that keeps track of who's who. It almost always clears itself up. Eventually.You can speed up that de-confusion sometimes by closing the game and restarting. If that fails, use the Support link (top-left) and search the knowledge base for "cache" and follow the instructions to clear it.

If none of that works, in the past, I have simply waited it out and the longest delay I've had was an hour.

If you're technically inclined, you can specify the authentication server the game uses when you launch gw2.exe.

Failing that, your best bet is to contact Support via the ticket system. They should be able to help you.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Sometimes your computer loses touch with the part of ANet's system that keeps track of who's who. It almost always clears itself up. Eventually.You can speed that de-confusion up sometimes by closing the game and restarting. If that fails, use the Support link (top-left) and search the knowledge base for "cache" and follow the instructions to clear it.

If none of that works, in the past, I have simply waited it out and the longest delay I've had was an hour.

If you're technically inclined, you can specify the authentication server the game uses when you launch gw2.exe.

Failing that, your best bet is to contact Support via the ticket system. They should be able to help you.

So, i meant to update this, but forgot. My friend ended up getting off the game client a minute or two after posting the original post, and it wasnt until he logged off that i was able to send him the gift.

@Dante.1763 said:So, i meant to update this, but forgot. My friend ended up getting off the game client a minute or two after posting the original post, and it wasnt until he logged off that i was able to send him the gift.

Glad it worked out :)

FYI that's consistent with my diagnosis. The other person logging in|out creates a triggering event which forces an update to the information being processed, resulting in you being able to see their account.(Which doesn't mean I was right; there are still other possibilities. Partly, I like the theory because it gives us something we can try, whereas most other explanations leave us waiting for ANet... never my first choice).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Dante.1763 said:So, i meant to update this, but forgot. My friend ended up getting off the game client a minute or two after posting the original post, and it wasnt until he logged off that i was able to send him the gift.

Glad it worked out :)

FYI that's consistent with my diagnosis. The other person logging in|out creates a triggering event which forces an update to the information being processed, resulting in you being able to see their account.(Which doesn't mean I was right; there are still other possibilities. Partly, I like the theory because it gives us something we can try, whereas most other explanations leave us waiting for ANet... never my first choice).

Absolutely! Glad i didnt have to open a ticket over this, but im gonna leave the thread up cause maybe there is something they can do. Otherwise its been resolved! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Because I gift a lot from the gemstore, I've also noticed that sometimes when your friends are logged in you have to search them by the name of the character they're logged into, this can be especially difficult for some people if their friend's character's name starts with an accented letter sometimes.

Archived